LetBox LA Outage - Proxmox cluster migration

beaglebeagle OG
edited February 2022 in Outages

My storage box went down today. Opened a ticket and received this response. Highlight for the no ETA.

Comments

• It's had three or four major outages over the last two weeks. It's weird since it's been solid for me before this ...

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 2022

I wonder what they're migrating to...

• @SagnikS said:
    I wonder onder what they're migrating to...

Apparently Proxmox -> SolusVM according to a Discord admin

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

@gazmull said:

@SagnikS said:
    I wonder onder what they're migrating to...

Apparently Proxmox -> SolusVM according to a Discord admin

Ah I see. Interesting choice. Not sure why they just don't run things standalone. They're probably not very experienced with Proxmox I'm assuming (going by how they claim it's unreliable etc.)

• Back online after 4hs of outage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

proxmox is legacy , migrating to solusvm?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• New owners are primarily SolusVM

• VirtFusionVirtFusion Services Provider

Send them over to me. I’ll sort them out.

VirtFusion Affordable, Reliable virtualization management software for the hosting industry · Connect with us on Discord

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

its a pity letbox no longer what it used to be. no incentive to spend my remaining credits there.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    its a pity letbox no longer what it used to be.

How d'you mean?

• Yeah given latest outages I'm not sure how much issues are with promax vs just their experience with promax given new owners now that Key isn't running the show.

Recommended hosts:
    Letbox, Data ideas, Hetzner

• I would be curious what problems they have with proxmox. I run a cluster, and it works great.

• @CMunroe said:
    I would be curious what problems they have with proxmox. I run a cluster, and it works great.

It works, but the quorum is really sensitive to latency, I tried a 3 node big Proxmox cluster with 4GB per VM, with 8-12ms latency.
    It manage to blow up, by itself, on a regular basis.

They recommended latency for a Proxmox cluster is 8ms or lower, right, or should be as low as possible.
    Should not be a problem if you have them in the same rack and on the same switch, but how knows what setup they do.