AMD's Ryzen Threadripper Pro 5995WX Tops CPU Benchmark

cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amds-ryzen-threadripper-pro-5995wx-tops-cpu-benchmark

Which provider will bring this in FIRST?

who?

Hostcram?
Hetzner?
Crowncloud?
Terrahost?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Comments

• Thanked by (1)lapua
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

• Looks to be 2.4x(?) the speed of ryzen 9 5950x, and maybe 10x the price. I have to wonder what people are doing with these super high end cpus, other than virtualization. Yes there are a few applications that require all the cores in one place, but for most large compute tasks I'd figure out how to use a fleet of smaller machines.

• NDTNNDTN Hosting Provider

I think it's not necessary to have 64-core CPU with the current RAM limit (256GB). Maybe some providers might do that with their dedicated CPU offers. 5950x is still working fine for us :)

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

AM4 socket still....wow

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

isn't the threadripper on a TR4 socket? but yeah just goes to show how well executed the whole plan from AMD was this generation, so many CPUs / generations on the same type of socket with sizeable / real improvements across each generation.

@cybertech said: Crowncloud?

depends on the cost per CPU I guess aand I still need to put out some offers for the Intel i9 12900K CPUs plans :sweat_smile:

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

@SpeedBus said:
    isn't the threadripper on a TR4 socket? but yeah just goes to show how well executed the whole plan from AMD was this generation, so many CPUs / generations on the same type of socket with sizeable / real improvements across each generation.

@cybertech said: Crowncloud?

depends on the cost per CPU I guess aand I still need to put out some offers for the Intel i9 12900K CPUs plans :sweat_smile:

dont forget us at LES! 😁

• @NDTN said: I think it's not necessary to have 64-core CPU with the current RAM limit (256GB).

This is threadripper pro which gets rid of that limit. New limit is 2TB iirc.

just jizzed in ma pants

edited March 2022

@willie said:

@NDTN said: I think it's not necessary to have 64-core CPU with the current RAM limit (256GB).

This is threadripper pro which gets rid of that limit. New limit is 2TB iirc.

i wonder how much 2TB of that is gonna cost, its gonna be a monster single socket, its like after intel went to gym.