Any one know what CPU's Inception Hosting run on?

Any one know what CPU's @InceptionHosting run on as the model is hidden by "QEMU Virtual CPU"? Do we think there will ever be AMD Ryzen / Epyc chips with @InceptionHosting

[root@bobs-server ~]# lscpu
Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 2
On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1
Thread(s) per core: 1
Core(s) per socket: 1
Socket(s): 2
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
BIOS Vendor ID: Red Hat
CPU family: 6
Model: 13
Model name: QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
BIOS Model name: RHEL 7.6.0 PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996)
Stepping: 3
CPU MHz: 3791.982
BogoMIPS: 7583.96
Hypervisor vendor: KVM
Virtualization type: full
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 4096K
L3 cache: 16384K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0,1
Flags: fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni cx16 x2apic hypervisor lahf_lm pti

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Will depend on location and package, I'd imagine. Easiest way would be to put in a ticket to enable cpu passthrough (assuming they allow that) and then check.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• A mix of Intel Xeon E-2276G, E-2278 and E-2286G I believe.

Check Ant's offer threads.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• My DE and NL VPSes both say: "Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2278G CPU @ 3.40GHz"

• @TheDP said:
    A mix of Intel Xeon E-2276G, E-2278 and E-2286G I believe.

Check Ant's offer threads.

Oh, I thought that were running older CPU's but happy days if they are running some of newer Intel CPU's =)

• @serverollie said: Any one know what CPU's @InceptionHosting run on as the model is hidden by "QEMU Virtual CPU"?

In the case of IH, I've heard that there's a trick such that if you first install an OS from a template (as opposed to from an ISO), then the CPU will be passed through. (Apparently, this is due to a bug in SolusVM.) Afterwards, you can install an OS from an ISO and you will still have the CPU passed through.

(I'm not 100% certain about this trick, but perhaps others can confirm.)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:

@serverollie said: Any one know what CPU's @InceptionHosting run on as the model is hidden by "QEMU Virtual CPU"?

In the case of IH, I've heard that there's a trick such that if you first install an OS from a template (as opposed to from an ISO), then the CPU will be passed through. (Apparently, this is due to a bug in SolusVM.) Afterwards, you can install an OS from an ISO and you will still have the CPU passed through.

Yes I think that still works.

# grep 'model name' /proc/cpuinfo
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz

That's what I have.

Thanked by (1)angstrom

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• I believe there are some older E3s in London too. Not sure what the CPUs were though when they were using ioflood in pheonix.

• skorousskorous OG
    edited March 2022

@Mr_Tom said:
    I believe there are some older E3s in London too. Not sure what the CPUs were though when they were using ioflood in pheonix.

IOFlood in Phoenix

# grep model\ name /proc/cpuinfo 
    model name  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v2 @ 2.60GHz

• @Mr_Tom said:
    I believe there are some older E3s in London too. Not sure what the CPUs were though when they were using ioflood in pheonix.

I believe they were E3-1270v6 i had a VM in the London location a number of years back.

• @angstrom said:

@serverollie said: Any one know what CPU's @InceptionHosting run on as the model is hidden by "QEMU Virtual CPU"?

Interesting, I reinstalled from AlmaLinux 8 to Debian 11 and I get the proper name of the CPU now and the extra VPS I ordered today has the same CPU:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2276G CPU @ 3.80GHz

• corbpiecorbpie OG
    edited March 2022

Phoenix: Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2286G CPU @ 4.00GHz
    AMS: Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2278G CPU @ 3.40GHz

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2022

OP welcome to LES and next time please search around before asking. Since you tagged Inception Hosting a couple of times, an extra step- looking up their profile, and checking their recent discussions- could have avoided this thread altogether.

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/profile/discussions/InceptionHosting

———

There are quite a bit of YABS for IH VPS’es in the YABS thread and bench.monster one. Also Ant mentions the cpu configs in the offers IIrC..

Of course search in vanilla is wonderful so it will take a while to look up. Else do a ctrl+f on a few pages (recent ones recommended, for upgrade if any and possible post-Clouvider acquisition there might have been some changes).

I looked up my blog and yabs showed for eg (London, BF 2020 offer)

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz

Thanked by (1)angstrom

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:
    Else do a ctrl+f on a few pages (recent ones recommended, for upgrade if any and possible post-Clouvider acquisition there might have been some changes).

Turns out it is not so difficult to start with the last page (p55 at time of posting) and moving backwards towards p54, p53 etc..
    for e.g.
    https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/81191/#Comment_81191

of course watch out for signature of @chocolateshirt :-)

Squats are the new Push-ups