Vanilla coders wanted

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

This is a pre-project survey.

Are there any community members who have experience with coding vanilla plugins, updating vanilla plugins/core ?

@Mason and I have a couple of ideas that we would like to implement but neither of us has the time or knowledge to do it properly.

Please raise your hand if you are interested.
It will be a paid position.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Comments

• Latest release of Vanilla is horrible.

• I'd be happy if @FAT32 can work his magic here, especially when it involves UI/UX.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Hi guys! What about open sourcing the LES version of Vanilla? :)

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Not_Oles said:

It is open sourced. :)
    The plugins we use are the owned by their creator and we cant (?) disclose the code without their consent.
    Not sure what policy its released with.

@mikho said:

@Not_Oles said:

The plugins we use are the owned by their creator and we cant (?) disclose the code without their consent.

It would make me happy if everything about LES was transparent! Please consider asking about opening the plugin code or perhaps switching to open plugin code.

@Ouji

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend

@Not_Oles said:

@mikho said:

@Not_Oles said:

It would make me happy if everything about LES was transparent! Please consider asking about opening the plugin code or perhaps switching to open plugin code.

@Ouji

I will check who made which plugin and try to contact each person.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles PHP_Backend

• I like the YABS license.
    @Mason

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • SolaireSolaire OG
    edited March 2022

I think @Phill and myself wrote the majority of the plugins. I can only speak for myself, but anything that is mine can be open-sourced. I've raised issue #7 on Gitlab and assigned @Mason to confirm my identity.

If there are any questions related to the code, just hit me up.

• VirtFusionVirtFusion Services Provider

@Solaire said:
    I think @Phill and myself wrote the majority of the plugins. I can only speak for myself, but anything that is mine can be open-sourced. I've raised issue #7 on Gitlab and assigned @Mason to confirm my identity.

Correct. Same applies to me (@Phill). Anything I wrote for Ant when he started LES is now yours.

VirtFusion Affordable, Reliable virtualization management software for the hosting industry · Connect with us on Discord

@Solaire said:

If there are any questions related to the code, just hit me up.

I found out yesterday that Mason didn't have access to the code at all :)
    That is now solved and I (we) will look into open-sourcing whole or at least parts of it.

Thanks to @Phill and @Solaire! Really, really nice! :)

Thanked by (1)Solaire

• edited March 2022

There is no public LES repository yet however here is my contribution to the community: https://github.com/DevMonke/Vanilla-WPLatest

This is the feature i suggested in "LowEndSpirit Is Not a For-Profit Site and Will Never Be Pay-to-Play" thread where LES blog latest post will be shown at top of threads in golden color, this way the people who write these posts get more exposure and that might increase their motivation to make more posts that the community can benefit from.

Thanked by (2)Mason Not_Oles
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Monke said:
    There is no public LES repository yet however here is my contribution to the community: https://github.com/DevMonke/Vanilla-WPLatest

This is the feature i suggested in "LowEndSpirit Is Not a For-Profit Site and Will Never Be Pay-to-Play" thread where LES blog latest post will be shown at top of threads in golden color, this way the people who write these posts get more exposure and that might increase their motivation to make more posts that the community can benefit from.

Awesome, this is great! Thank you for the contribution.

I hate to run a chainsaw through all your hard work, but I'm actually in the process of migrating away from the WP blog. All blog posts are being moved to a separate category on the forum and new posts will be stickied for 7 days when a new one comes out (have a nice writeup from @vyas ready to go!). Similar to what your idea here :) (seems we're operating on the same wavelength). I'm probably going to reach out to you soon to see if you'd potentially be interested in taking up additional dev work for the site (paid, of course).

Thanked by (1)Monke

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:

@Monke said:

Awesome, this is great! Thank you for the contribution.

I hate to run a chainsaw through all your hard work, but I'm actually in the process of migrating away from the WP blog. All blog posts are being moved to a separate category on the forum and new posts will be stickied for 7 days when a new one comes out (have a nice writeup from @vyas ready to go!). Similar to what your idea here :) (seems we're operating on the same wavelength). I'm probably going to reach out to you soon to see if you'd potentially be interested in taking up additional dev work for the site (paid, of course).

That sounds even better and a far more secure practice considering all wp vulnerabilities that come and go everyday, sure feel free to contact me if you need anything.
    I am going to leave the repo up in case someone else with same setup as current one in LES needs it.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @mikho said: I (we) will look into open-sourcing whole or at least parts of it.

At last, it is happening. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3

@mikho said: Please raise your hand if you are interested.

Vanilla is written in PHP. (just a hint ;) )

Thanked by (1)mikho

@Monke said:

There is no public LES repository yet

🔜

Thanked by (1)Monke

• It might be easiest to open gitlab issues/tickets/whatever they call them describing the features you want, and then people could consider what it would take to implement them.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • Can we have Dark Mode on LES please?

@mehargags said:
    Can we have Dark Mode on LES please?

There is. Change it in your profile

• @mikho said:

@mehargags said:
    Can we have Dark Mode on LES please?

There is. Change it in your profile

Got it...