Has anyone had experience with SharkTech before?

I've been on the hunt for inexpensive dedicated servers in the LAX region, and stumbled across this promo from SharkTech. It looks fantastic and ticks a lot of boxes for me, with a moderately quick CPU, SSD, 1G unmetered, and a /29 IPv4 with complimentary DDoS protection. I saw a similar deal from Psychz, but their network is awful and pricing gets to be around the same when you add the /29, SSD, and DDoS protection. Does anyone know of any better deals or have experience working with SharkTech before? A good deal is worthless if the company is impossible to work with. Full specs of the deal for anyone too lazy to click:

E3 1270v2, 16GB RAM, 1x500GB SSD, /29 IPv4, 60G DDoS protection, 1G Unmetered, $59/month

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

I have a VPS from @georgedatacenter on their network

• @bruh21 said:

I could have sworn George used Global Frag/LayerHost, not Sharktech.

@fluttershy said:

@bruh21 said:

I could have sworn George used Global Frag/LayerHost, not Sharktech.

My Chicago VPS is on this subnet: 204.188.245.96/27

• Oldschool provider.

No personal experience with them, but over the years I’ve seen lots of IRC-related services running off their infrastructure/network, mainly for of their DDoS protection.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @TheDP said:
    Oldschool provider.

No personal experience with them, but over the years I’ve seen lots of IRC-related services running off their infrastructure/network, mainly for of their DDoS protection.

The DDoS protection looks fantastic and it's one of the reasons I'm interested, seems like it really works vs Psychz's mitigation.

• @bruh21 said:

Guess he moved recently then, the new LAX stuff is all under LayerHost. How's the network been?

@fluttershy said:

@bruh21 said:

Guess he moved recently then, the new LAX stuff is all under LayerHost. How's the network been?

Never had any problems personally. Never had any issues with any George DC service

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Although I have no recent experience with them. I was on SharkTech in LAX a couple of years ago and really liked their network.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    Although I have no recent experience with them. I was on SharkTech in LAX a couple of years ago and really liked their network.

Yep, the network seems very solid, I tend to pay attention to anyone with Comcast in their blend. Often leads to a wonderful US network.