HostHatch misunderstand this...

Hi,
this is my first post, so sorry for my bad english. First of all, happy birthday, HH (better late than never).
So, i bought 1 "Promotional KVM Storage 2 TB" last year, and got invoice this week. But, i just got billed for 2 VMs.

then, last december 2021, something happened in that node (corrupt or error i think) and HH suggested that I moved to new node. Since then, i didn't use the old VM and fresh install everything on new VM. So, i ask them for clarification.

And then, this happened (as per screenshot). One of the rep deleted the new VM and just left my panel with the old one.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Comments

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Think you may be better of doing this via their support channels

Thanked by (2)bdl pikachu
  • @havoc said:

I just got ghosted for 14 hours. Should I wait more?

• Thanks, we have doubled your machines.

Thanked by (4)ralf Janevski Logano fedor

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:
    Thanks, we have doubled your machines.

It's not double if i can't even use the old one :'(

• Every time you make a new reply, you put yourself in the bottom of the ticket queue. Try to list out all your points in one message to avoid accidentally extending your wait time.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Man that sucks... made you migrate, billed you for both, deleted the new one... wow! Best of luck getting this sorted, though I wonder if anyone else has experience this during the migration to their new panel

P.S. I hope you have backups of your data, mate

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Oh, wow, so it begins.

Thanked by (1)Janevski

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• That shouldn't have happened.
    Tagging @hosthatch

• @fluttershy said:
    Every time you make a new reply, you put yourself in the bottom of the ticket queue. Try to list out all your points in one message to avoid accidentally extending your wait time.

I didn't know about that at first. But i replied all that 4 short reply in the same hour (maybe even in 5-10 minutes). It shouldn't be that long to wait, right? :s

@Mason said:
    Man that sucks... made you migrate, billed you for both, deleted the new one... wow! Best of luck getting this sorted, though I wonder if anyone else has experience this during the migration to their new panel

P.S. I hope you have backups of your data, mate

Yeah, it sucks really hard XD. I assumed the first rep knew which one is the old VM and when i refreshed my panel and saw that my new vm is deleted...
    P.S. I don't have any backups of it XD

@deank said:
    Oh, wow, so it begins.

yeah. begin to wait

• P.S. I don't have any backups of it XD

See it as a learning opportunity

• @antibomb said:

@havoc said:

I just got ghosted for 14 hours. Should I wait more?

HostHatch is known for their insanely good deals and insanely bad support response times. It's the cost of getting good service for dirt cheap. You get what you pay for, and if more than 100% of your money is going to hosting, you can't expect much in terms of support.

14 hours is really not a long wait time for the price point. You've got 2 weeks to pay the invoice. I'm sure they'll sort it out before it's due.

• @antibomb said: I assumed the first rep knew which one is the old VM

And you know what they say when you assume.

That does suck though. Hope it gets straightened out for you.

• @bdl said:

P.S. I don't have any backups of it XD

See it as a learning opportunity

That's absolutely right. I still have learn a lot in linux, especially in backup thing. Downloading the file one by one is still my way to backup my file right now.

@Cybr said:
    HostHatch is known for their insanely good deals and insanely bad support response times. It's the cost of getting good service for dirt cheap. You get what you pay for, and if more than 100% of your money is going to hosting, you can't expect much in terms of support.

I thought the last rep who replied was upset and misunderstand it because he thought that "I want 2 server and billed for one" and then leaving my ticket. I just want to clarify things.

14 hours is really not a long wait time for the price point. You've got 2 weeks to pay the invoice. I'm sure they'll sort it out before it's due.

I hope so

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

their attitude is generally good and helpful.just response times.

i have one ticket about a month no reply yet

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Most of the screenshots didn't load before I initially scrolled down, so I missed how they deleted the VM you were using by mistake.

That's very unlucky! Couldn't ask for a worse situation with HostHatch support response times. Hope your data hasn't been lost already, but it's a real possibility in a case like this.

Losing data teaches you to take backups more seriously.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

But is it really a low end provider if you have to pay for two servers but only get to use one none?
    The real problem that I see with HH is that their attention to detail sucks is very poor.

Thanked by (1)foitin

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    But is it really a low end provider if you have to pay for two servers but only get to use one none?
    The real problem that I see with HH is that their attention to detail sucks is very poor.

It’s almost like they’re handling twenty tickets on twenty tabs at the same time. Handling by keywords.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

Fair point. Based on a strict low-to-high end scale, that would be a -100% off sale for an infinitely high end server.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

On a positive note, I see that HH has added the next billing due date into the new panel.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@FrankZ said:
    On a positive note, I see that HH has added the next billing due date into the new panel.

and bandwidth count too

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @FrankZ said:

In no way blaming the victim but if I put that in I would've explicitly said which I wanted deleted. Something important and irrevocable you don't want any room for misunderstandings.

Thanked by (2)Falzo Cybr
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@skorous said:

@FrankZ said:

In no way blaming the victim but if I put that in I would've explicitly said which I wanted deleted. Something important and irrevocable you don't want any room for misunderstandings.

I agree that being very specific when ticketing to any provider is a good idea.

• HH: do you want to keep 2 server and pay for one? please clarify
    OP: yes

me: ....

they don't pay atention to detail so they might think that is the case and just leave you with your 'yes' clarification

• @skorous said:

Sure, it's partly my mistake for not being specific because I'm just assumming. I don't know whether they can determine which one is old vm and new one.

@selalumenang said:
    HH: do you want to keep 2 server and pay for one? please clarify
    OP: yes

me: ....

they don't pay atention to detail so they might think that is the case and just leave you with your 'yes' clarification

I was agree-ing with his statement before, not the question. my writing still jumbled, my bad. It should be "Yes, as per etc..." in previous reply.

• that's a sad incident and really not good if the @hosthatch rep did not ask for verification before deleting anything.

as @skorous said, the takeaway must be, don't write one line tickets. be specific, about what's your issue with as much detail as possible, so the guy trying to help is better informed from the beginning.

no offense, but I'd also suggest to never rush in 4 one-line tickets within a few minutes. even if you are understandably in a state of panicking in that very moment, it won't help and might lead to the support agent feeling attacked and have you wait even longer.

I'd assume they will eventually sort this for you by deploying a new server and maybe even offering some kind of credit, but rather prepare for your data being gone already. best of luck!

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited April 2022

Not good :( I hope they can restore your new server for you.

I always change the host name of old servers to something like "PLEASE_DELETE_THIS_ONE" to try and make it clearer for the support rep.

Back in 2004-2006 I helped run a free webhost and Layered Technologies were supposed to replace a secondary HDD in a server, but instead they wiped and replaced the main HDD 🤦‍♂️ I've always tried to be very cautious, assume the techs are dumb and spell out everything in detail.

Thanked by (4)skorous adly FrankZ Tin
  • @Daniel said:
    Not good :( I hope they can restore your new server for you.

I always change the host name of old servers to something like "PLEASE_DELETE_THIS_ONE" to try and make it clearer for the support rep.

Back in 2004-2006 I helped run a free webhost and Layered Technologies were supposed to replace a secondary HDD in a server, but instead they wiped and replaced the main HDD 🤦‍♂️ I've always tried to be very cautious, assume the techs are dumb and spell out everything in detail.

When i clicked the vm, it's just blank like this (loop loading). So i have no way to change anything or access the vm anymore.

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

Support: ok, what does that red button do?

Oh sorry, I just accidentally deleted all your data.

Thanked by (4)pikachu root nick_ Janevski

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

• Yeah I had an incident like this too, did the migration, moved my data from an old HH VM and cancelled the old one, but it renewed anyway. I put in a ticket and response took several days, but they did fix the issue once they got to it. By low end standards this isn't bad at all.

• Support of @hosthatch is low end? I guess that should have been expected. Right? :smiley:

How are you... online?