Any cheap, short term, not-so-large storage vps in Asia? Doesn't need top tier performance.

edited April 2022 in Requests

I made some miscalculation in timing; my current storage is expiring while my planned replacement in Japan is still not yet provisioned. I need a temporary replacement for up to three months.

I need storage vps:

• Around 80gb disk
  • At least 1tb bw
  • 512mb ram
  • SG/Japan/HK location

Budget: Under $3 /month

Openvz, nat, rust hdd, fossil os templates, all good as long it's stable, not ridiculously oversold or has terrible network/io congestion.
Something like Time4VPS storage, but in Asia.

Is there anything like this in existence?

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

all that on monthly? real tough.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Thanked by (2)Mamyyy yoursunny
  • edited April 2022

@cybertech said:
    all that on monthly? real tough.

Yeah. For real tho
    All services in Asia seem to cater for high performance demands with verry little emphasis on storage ratio.
    Best I could find is Hostus, 75gb @ $8.95, with all the unneeded performance extras.

@feie said:
    Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Sadly my free Oracle cloud is already reserved for the another purpose I'm not willing to let go.

• edited April 2022

It's hard to find something for this need in Asia, and I wonder if it exists.

Thanked by (1)Mamyyy
  • @Mamyyy said:
    Yeah. For real tho
    All services in Asia seem to cater for high performance demands with verry little emphasis on storage ratio.

It's hard to find 1TB bandwidth for 3$ in Asia. Best I can find is 8$/m for 1c/1g/100g-hdd/10tb/nat. I can't guarantee the connection speed tho, usually 10Mbps max.

Thanked by (1)Mamyyy
  • 80gb only. put in local storage.

Thanked by (1)Mamyyy
  • My thought, if offline isn't OK, is to run it outside of Asia for 3 months and just suck up the slow down?

Thanked by (1)Mamyyy

XR Developer | https://redironlabs.com

• @lloyd said:
    My thought, if offline isn't OK, is to run it outside of Asia for 3 months and just suck up the slow down?

That won't do. My primary use case will be syncing thousands of tiny files with rsync. Increased network latency would hurt a lot for this kind of operation.

However, since I can't wait any longer, I opted to brave through the expensive route and go for hostus at $9 for 75GB, minus 15% with the current recurring promo coupon, for now.

@kuroneko23 said:

@Mamyyy said:
    Yeah. For real tho

It's hard to find 1TB bandwidth for 3$ in Asia. Best I can find is 8$/m for 1c/1g/100g-hdd/10tb/nat. I can't guarantee the connection speed tho, usually 10Mbps max.

Lol 10mbps would hurt a lot more than latency. I might as well just host it in my home network 😄

• @Mamyyy said:

@lloyd said:
    My thought, if offline isn't OK, is to run it outside of Asia for 3 months and just suck up the slow down?

That won't do. My primary use case will be syncing thousands of tiny files with rsync. Increased network latency would hurt a lot for this kind of operation.

However, since I can't wait any longer, I opted to brave through the expensive route and go for hostus at $9 for 75GB, minus 15% with the current recurring promo coupon, for now.

I’d probably do the same :). But I’m lazy enough I wouldn’t switch unless I really had to anyway

XR Developer | https://redironlabs.com

• CatixsCatixs Hosting Provider

Greencloud, Hosthatch.

We are going to have some "Storage VMs" in about a month. Currently, stuck with shipping.

• @Catixs said:
    Greencloud, Hosthatch.

We are going to have some "Storage VMs" in about a month. Currently, stuck with shipping.

Who is /are “we” ?

• @vyas said:
    Who is /are “we” ?

Assuming https://catixs.com/