Route48.org :: IPv6 BGP Enabled Tunnelbroker Service

Comments

• How do I enable it? download something?

Thanked by (1)shallow
  • CloudieCloudie Hosting ProviderServices Provider
    edited April 2022

@JeDaYoshi said:
    Would it be possible to bring your own IPv6 prefixes for BGP tunnelbroker?

Unfortunately not, a lot of the sponsors for this project, do already have their own offerings (such as VPS' with BGP, LIR services etc) and as such, we made the decision to limit the way things are done, IPv6 Prefixes assigned out of the Route48 Platform, are all that will be accepted via the BGP Tunnelbroker. But of course you have the ability to take your assigned networks outside of Route48, to any provider, as RPKI, IRR & LOA is all automated.

If you do require the ability to BYOIP we do highly suggest supporting the sponsors, that have supported us! :-)

Sponsor <3

@JeDaYoshi said:
    btw, for the Brazilian location, it is "São Paulo" :)

Will get this sorted out shortly, I knew it didn't seem right :-P

@MCTGyt said:
    How do I enable it? download something?

I do highly suggest checking out the youtube video ( ) it gives you an idea of the process for the system.
    But, no you do not need to download anything realistically. Sort of...

Thanked by (3)JeDaYoshi skorous Daniel
  • @Cloudie said:

@JeDaYoshi said:
    Would it be possible to bring your own IPv6 prefixes for BGP tunnelbroker?

Unfortunately not, a lot of the sponsors for this project, do already have their own offerings (such as VPS' with BGP, LIR services etc) and as such, we made the decision to limit the way things are done, IPv6 Prefixes assigned out of the Route48 Platform, are all that will be accepted via the BGP Tunnelbroker. But of course you have the ability to take your assigned networks outside of Route48, to any provider, as RPKI, IRR & LOA is all automated.

If you do require the ability to BYOIP we do highly suggest supporting the sponsors, that have supported us! :-)

Sponsor <3

@JeDaYoshi said:
    btw, for the Brazilian location, it is "São Paulo" :)

Will get this sorted out shortly, I knew it didn't seem right :-P

@MCTGyt said:
    How do I enable it? download something?

I do highly suggest checking out the youtube video ( ) it gives you an idea of the process for the system.
    But, no you do not need to download anything realistically. Sort of...

ok

• In use, the speed is fast. :)

• ZappieZappie Hosting Provider

A few exciting updates, we now have WireGuard all set up in all our locations! Free and automated IPv6 for anyone who is on NAT'd or firewalled network!

Also a bunch of new new locations supported (more coming!)

• 152.36.202.2 - Fujairah [AE] NEW
    • 216.238.103.82 - São Paulo [BR]
    • 104.224.52.139 - Castlegar [CA]
    • 74.119.150.68 - Toronto [CA]
    • 23.154.81.69 - Vancouver [CA] NEW
    • 216.73.159.36 - Valdivia [CL]
    • 194.50.19.11 - Frankfurt [DE] NEW
    • 193.38.249.2 - Madrid [ES] NEW
    • 185.10.17.245 - Paris [FR]
    • 144.48.63.122 - London [GB] NEW
    • 65.20.68.197 - Mumbai [IN] NEW
    • 152.89.170.175 - Pomezia [IT] NEW
    • 185.107.82.73 - Steenbergen [NL]
    • 185.125.168.181 - Sandefjord [NO]
    • 103.208.86.33 - Auckland [NZ]
    • 45.77.45.47 - Singapore [SG]
    • 103.147.22.87 - Taipei [TW]
    • 193.218.118.68 - Kyiv [UA]
    • 45.63.49.83 - Los Angeles [US]
    • 23.134.88.2 - Fremont [US]
    • 170.39.224.166 - Virginia [US]
    • 192.189.65.156 - Kansas City [US] NEW
  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited April 2022

@Zappie said: A few exciting updates, we now have WireGuard all set up in all our locations! Free and automated IPv6 for anyone who is on NAT'd or firewalled network!

Also a bunch of new new locations supported (more coming!)

<3 Lovely :)

Thanked by (1)Zappie
  • @Zappie said:
    A few exciting updates, we now have WireGuard all set up in all our locations! Free and automated IPv6 for anyone who is on NAT'd or firewalled network!

Awesome! Thank you <3

Thanked by (1)Zappie
  • Wireguard works very well. Thanks ❤️

Thanked by (2)Zappie Ganonk
  • edited April 2022

@Zappie said: 152.89.170.175 - Pomezia [IT] NEW

lol, c1v, that's a meme.
    seems to not work with 6in4 (Pomezia location), not tested with wireguard.
    In Italy the biggest ISPs doesn't offers IPv6, so an endpoint with an italian IPv6 prefix would be really a very nice thing!

• @Zappie said: Also a bunch of new new locations supported (more coming!)

Would really be looking for one in Austria (as HE doesn't have one there either).

• Is it intentional that Miami is listed in the main website, but not in the control panel?

• Is it possible to port forward in wireguard?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• ZappieZappie Hosting Provider
    edited April 2022

@JeDaYoshi said: Is it intentional that Miami is listed in the main website, but not in the control panel?

The app platform is the source of truths, we really need to get the website a bit more updated, thanks for the heads up :sweat_smile:

@cmeerw said: Would really be looking for one in Austria (as HE doesn't have one there either).

I know @Cloudie is activly working on a number of EU and APAC locations to add to the list. Watch this space!

@TrendyJack said: seems to not work with 6in4 (Pomezia location), not tested with wireguard.

Opps you're right, we've temporarily disabled it, but this will be fixed very shortly, seems like we didnt noice the VM was missing some needed modules for the GRE tunnels

@codelock said: Is it possible to port forward in wireguard?

Thats the beauty of IPv6, you arent using NAT anymore, meaning no port forwarding needed. the device/machine that has that IPv6 address is public facing (unless using a firewall of some sorts locally or upstream)

• Any plans to (or do either sponsors) offer sponsoring for a RIPE ASN/other LIR services?

@adly said:
    Any plans to (or do either sponsors) offer sponsoring for a RIPE ASN/other LIR services?

At current, between myself and @Zappie there are thoughts, although there are a number of cheap options to do this, and I do believe part of the RIPE agreement with LIRs, that there must be a charge of some sort for the ASN, that is left up to the LIR to charge. So, rock and a hard place with this one. but, you can get ASNs anywhere from 20-50EUR depending on the LIR, which of course, doesn't break the bank too much :-)

maybe this is something @Rick (Bakker-IT) can help with <3

Thanked by (2)adly Ganonk
  • What are the bandwidth limits for an IPv6 tunnel?

@smbat said:
    What are the bandwidth limits for an IPv6 tunnel?

If you have to ask.. please don't...

Since a lot of the locations are sponsored locations, and even "rare" locations, please do not abuse the traffic, if you're going to use it to download everything, please consider getting a VM from one of our sponsors, and supporting them. it is a free service aimed at extending the networking capabilities of users.

There is no hard limits, but If i do see someone abusing the service.. they don't get very far.

• IRC is not allowed?

• @Cloudie said: If you have to ask.. please don't...

I'm asking because I'm having some issues with the tunnel and it's not clear to me if it's related to restrictions or misconfiguration. I would always like to have a clear boundary up to which you are still a good guy, and beyond which you are already an asshole :)

@add_iT said:
    IRC is not allowed?

IRC is blocked due to abuse. it is something that we can open up at some stage to trusted users, but as you can imagine, immediately after becoming public.. there was quite a bit of IRC related abuse coming through.

@smbat said: if it's related to restrictions or misconfiguration.

Pop into the discord or send us an email with your issues, and we will see what we can work out. :-)

@smbat said: clear boundary up to which you are still a good guy, and beyond which you are already an asshole

quite simply.. Wheaton's Law ;)

But, in some regions, we have unmetered bandwidth, and more than enough capacity to share around (where you can push say 10-20TB and we wouldn't bat an eye.), but in the "rarer" and "exotic" locations, we generally have 1-2TB limits for the entire lot. so it does depend on a lot of factors.

If we notice that things may get a bit too hectic, there'll always be an email, unless of course, someone joins something 10 minutes ago, and starts pumping gigabit down the line of India or something. then it'll be straight away disabled until we chat with the person.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

I love this so much

Thanked by (2)skorous Ganonk

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• Just registered and it's nice to see more locations than HE offers, however there are still no locations in Baltic states (LT, LV, EE). Having a presence in Baltics would have your service stand out from others :)

@Makenai said: Baltic states (LT, LV, EE)

Always looking for more POPs for the Route48 project.

so, it may be something that is added soon™. At least faster than CC+IPv6 :-)

Thanked by (3)skorous carlin0 FrankZ
  • I wish some of my paid hosting providers would be so fast with support response time as those guys.
    They fulfilled my request in like 5 minutes after I mailed them. That's what I call passion in doing things you like. Totally impressed.

• the wireguard method works great. looking forward to learn more about this ipv6

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• I like this project.

I hate renumbering my devices just to use your tunnels though.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said: I hate renumbering my devices just to use your tunnels though.

What does this even mean? What do you mean with "renumbering" in order to set up IPv6 tunnel?

• @Mumbly said:

@terrorgen said: I hate renumbering my devices just to use your tunnels though.

What does this even mean? What do you mean with "renumbering" in order to set up IPv6 tunnel?

I have my own ASN and /48.
    All my devices have IPv6 addresses allocated from this /48.
    But I cannot announce this /48 with route48.org and have to use their /48.
    Which means all my devices have to change their IP addresses from my /48 to their /48, hence, "renumbering".

Clear?

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said: Which means all my devices have to change their IP addresses from my /48 to their /48, hence, "renumbering".

You could, of course, use Network Prefix Translation (and use Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses for your devices)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ