MaxKVM deadpool?

So, other OGF buzzing from what looks like MaxKVM deadpool. Any owners of products with this provider?

Tagged:

Comments

• It's something else.

• MS said:
    It's something else.

Meaning? Mega outage? Reputation damage will be insurmountable.

• @legendary said:
    Any owners of products with this provider?

Yeah, me. Still down for now (>24h ish?) but not a big problem for me.

• Wait for them to update their customers like they said they would.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Hello,

There are no resources available in the global network.

In addition (and more importantly), due to the lack of common sense required to ask this question, you have been deemed unqualified to manage a BGP session on our platform.

The BGP session (AS399686 - Semiband LLC dba MaxKVM) will not be renewed and has been set to terminate on 4/23.

Please find another upstream. Your billing account here is now permanently closed.

CDO at Hivelocity

Credits: @yoursunny

Ref: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/2695/maxkvm-is-superb-and-i-like-it-but/p1

Thanked by (2)yoursunny dahartigan

Why?

• @legendary said:

MS said:
    It's something else.

I mean, it does not look like a deadpool. Something technical or financial went wrong with their operation. They really should improve their communication.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • MS said:

@legendary said:

MS said:
    It's something else.

I mean, it does not look like a deadpool. Something technical or financial went wrong with their operation. They really should improve their communication.

Maybe you are correct. But in the end, this "Something technical or financial went wrong" will result in deadpool. That's my opinion. Sad, they were one of the better providers in the wild.

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • bought 1 vps on 19th to try them. there goes my $1.20.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Logano
  • Running a web host company is one of the easiest thing to do. It's even easier than running a lemonade stand.

Realizing when one can't even do that..., how unqualified one has to be, this troll wonders.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said: Realizing when one can't even do that

That's some serious existential crysis. One time I was on a brink with free hosting. I couldn't set it up to be abuse free. But than, if you can't scuba, what's the point...

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I’m calling “No Deadpool”

Let’s see how it plays out!

• OGF recent comments on Page 8 indicates non deadpool

• Deadpool or not, one thing is clear.

This is a host that made a fun of people labeling them "unqualified" when he shot his customers down. The excuse used for the downtoime is an outright lie also.

The irony is strong on this one. The host itself is unqualified.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• my sg server is already online again.

• @budi1413 said:
    my sg server is already online again.

At least $0.20 of your $1.20 is saved!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Yep, Singapore is back online. Seems LAX and NYC still down as of now.

• let's wait for a PMA, if there will be one... reminds me of @WSCallum and his IPs in NL disappearing.

Thanked by (2)webcraft FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I'm back up in Dallas. Node DFW-20.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• guess he worked out a payment plan!

I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.

• ... X 50 credit ???

• I'm voting deadpool due to the teams technical error, hidden as a hardware failure.

XR Developer | https://redironlabs.com

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

For transparency (writing this in haste), a thread was posted by @MaxKVM with a request to spam a datacenter provider.
    Without providing proof and with no valid reason.
    This thread was removed, please try to be civil and calm while posting your guts out about this provider.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @jmaxwell said:
    Hello,

In addition (and more importantly), due to the lack of common sense required to ask this question, you have been deemed unqualified to manage a BGP session on our platform.

The BGP session (AS399686 - Semiband LLC dba MaxKVM) will not be renewed and has been set to terminate on 4/23.

Please find another upstream. Your billing account here is now permanently closed.

CDO at Hivelocity

Ref: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/2695/maxkvm-is-superb-and-i-like-it-but/p1

Quick note in case people actually believe this. This is satire. Hivelocity never sent this email.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Hello,

CDO at Hivelocity

Quick note in case people actually believe this. This is satire. Hivelocity never sent this email.

Did you miss the title CDO?
    Hint: move your cursor on the abbreviation.
    The markup got lost when @jmaxwell copied it, but it's in the original post.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@mikho said: For transparency (writing this in haste), a thread was posted by @MaxKVM with a request to spam a datacenter provider.
    This thread was removed, please try to be civil and calm while posting your guts out about this provider.

IMHO That was 100% the right thing to do.
    There is plenty of drama about this already on the OGF.

Thanked by (2)mikho bdl

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @mikho said:
    For transparency (writing this in haste), a thread was posted by @MaxKVM with a request to spam a datacenter provider.

i'm annoyed my rudepost is gone but i appreciate your professionalism.

I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.

• No update so far ?

Btw, from their recent activities and operation and by seeing number of people affected, they seems to be running good business. Deadpool is less likely, Hivelocity responded on OGF saying @MaxKVM abused their network ?

• It would be interesting to learn what really happened, but until @MaxKVM decides to say more, we can only speculate

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @yoursunny said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Hello,

CDO at Hivelocity

Did you miss the title CDO?
    Hint: move your cursor on the abbreviation.
    The markup got lost when @jmaxwell copied it, but it's in the original post.

Oh I'm aware. But even then people could mistake it.

Thanked by (1)jmaxwell
  • @FrankZ said:

@mikho said: For transparency (writing this in haste), a thread was posted by @MaxKVM with a request to spam a datacenter provider.

IMHO That was 100% the right thing to do.
    There is plenty of drama about this already on the OGF.

100% support too, great move by mods/admins. Better than changing the title which misrepresents the original post.

This is why LES rocks! B)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ mikho