Internxt 1TB lifetime deal - €75 (€25 off) for next 24 hours

BarryHerculesBarryHercules OGRetired
edited April 2022 in Must See Deals

Internxt are doing a special deal for LET, lifetime 1TB plans are down to €75 for 24 hours if you use the code LOWENDTALK at https://internxt.com/lifetime.

Thanked by (3)Decicus Ympker chimichurri

Comments

• It's €69 now

• @Wonder_Woman said:
    It's €69 now

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited April 2022

It's 69€ now. @Nekki did it. Or was it @FAT32 . Was quite surprised that the CEO jumped on my thread over there tbh. I just realized they have been a member of LE community since 2016.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 Tin
  • looks like these are stackable too

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited April 2022

@bdl said:
    looks like these are stackable too

Yes they are. I bought the 99€ lifetime a couple weeks ago and will likely upgrade today with one more code.

• @Ympker said:
    It's 69€ now. @Nekki did it. Or was it @FAT32 . Was quite surprised that the CEO jumped on my thread over there tbh. I just realized they have been a member of LE community since 2016.

Just as a heads up, see my post in that thread on OGF

I don't think that I'll fall go for it, but to each their own

Thanked by (4)ehab root _MS_ Ympker

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

I thought I recognised the name from somewhere.

In all fairness, if you read the complaints in those threads, he must have dealt with those to some degree to get Telefonica to give him €4m.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • edited April 2022

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

In all fairness, if you read the complaints in those threads, he must have dealt with those to some degree to get Telefonica to give him €4m.

What is striking to me is simply the contrast: people (including you) were rightly skeptical earlier, and now everyone seems to be more than willing to throw their money at him/them.

I would say that this guy fvsegarra is a (very) smooth operator -- this was my impression earlier as well -- and critical elements of the package are hype and hyperbole.

Thanked by (2)Ympker imok

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

That post will be lost in the phenomenon called FOMO, just like common sense.

Thanked by (2)angstrom Ympker
  • MS said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

Yes, this is my impression as well :/

Thanked by (2)_MS_ Ympker

• @angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

What is striking to me is simply the contrast: people (including you) were rightly skeptical earlier, and now everyone seems to be more than willing to throw their money at him/them.

I’ve not given them a penny.

I would say that this guy fvsegarra is a (very) smooth operator -- this was my impression earlier as well -- and critical elements of the package are hype and hyperbole.

Would you not say that folks like Telefonica are able to spot bullshit better than the LET horde?

• @BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

Would you not say that folks like Telefonica are able to spot bullshit better than the LET horde?

Yes, they (Telefonica) probably are. (But let's not ignore the "Spanish Google Drive" factor.)

That said, I'm obviously not in a position to evaluate Internxt. I just wanted to point out that we had seen this guy before and that (therefore) one should remain prudent about all of this.

• @angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

Yes, they (Telefonica) probably are. (But let's not ignore the "Spanish Google Drive" factor.)

That said, I'm obviously not in a position to evaluate Internxt. I just wanted to point out that we had seen this guy before and that (therefore) one should remain prudent about all of this.

To be honest, for me it was more of a FOMO.

Plus whatever online "media" coverage they've had, pushed me even more :|

Thanked by (1)angstrom

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• BarryHerculesBarryHercules OGRetired
    edited April 2022

@angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@BarryHercules said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

One should always be prudent when spending money on something you don’t really need.

If you look at the thread, you can definitely argue that in order to get to the point he’s at today, either the guy has dealt with a lot of the issues raised in the threads or he is a legendary bullshitter on par with Elizabeth Holmes. Either way, I’m along for the ride.

Edit: well I say I’m along for the ride, but I can’t actually find my cards to buy anything .

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • I am struggling to avoid that offer. It's just one of those tempting extremely cheap offers, too good to be true.

Thanked by (1)angstrom

How are you... online?

• @root said:
    I am struggling to avoid that offer. It's just one of those tempting extremely cheap offers, too good to be true.

What’s the worst that can happen. The provider is actually stealing your data and you get 1 day of service. Anything better than that and you’re laughing.

Thanked by (1)Tin
  • @BarryHercules said:

@root said:
    I am struggling to avoid that offer. It's just one of those tempting extremely cheap offers, too good to be true.

What’s the worst that can happen. The provider is actually stealing your data and you get 1 day of service. Anything better than that and you’re laughing.

The worst that can happen: Losing Millions!

How are you... online?

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

I knew that I recognised the name so also went through his post history, avoiding this one.

Thanked by (1)angstrom

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• @ialexpw said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

I knew that I recognised the name so also went through his post history, avoiding this one.

To me, this looks like a scam. That 10TB offer is now discounted more, to 420 EUR. How could such a person be making any money on such plans? It's not even Black Friday to say there is some celebration hype combined with alcohol and happy community. We look at such offers and hope business will survive; the business in turn hopes to gain a lot more customers; and the hype train is fuelled by advertising about investors with "millions", while lifetime offers were also advertised in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Next thing we might see: the owner complaining about losing "millions" on a low-end forum.

If that guy becomes successful while lifetime customers remain happy, he will become a very weird page in the history of LET, because low-end-detectives might have been wrong, and community might need to apologise for how they treated that guy on his past comments and threads.

Thanked by (2)ialexpw angstrom

How are you... online?

• JabJab
    edited April 2022

I was about to buy it too - as 'cold' backup - store and probably never retrieve, but then I've seen that guy earlier posts.
    Then seen his new one With regards to Lifetime plans, these are already hugely discounted (in fact, they stopped being sold to the general public a few months ago). The landing page shared here https://internxt.com/lifetime isn't widely known, given that we've stopped selling lifetime licenses, so only those who knew about that private landing are still circulating it for what I see. - we stopped selling lifetime licenses by 'not linking' to the page anywhere. Like what the actual fuck? The fact that they are partnered with OVH does not helps either, OVH burned down own "external" paid backups :D

Plus all kind of shit - like the one I complained - Play Store landing links forces Spanish version, no welcome e-mails, Desktop client github has issues without any comments (up to year). This does not seems polished/tested enough (for 3 years of running?!?!?!). No idea how much actual real storage per user they calculated, but I have a feeling when they will go mainstream it won't scale up and it will shit the bed when people will start pushing those TBs.

Thanked by (3)_MS_ Mason angstrom

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @root said:
    To me, this looks like a scam. That 10TB offer is now discounted more, to 420 EUR.

To be honest "normal lifetime price" for 10TB is 499€, so discount to 420 (another meme number, after 69) is not that huge and lines up with rest of shit they pushing now. How they afford that? No fucking idea - gambling that future will be much much cheaper? Because energy prices rise up, storage prices rise up, user content volume rises up

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2022

"Lifetime deals in storage" is the Holy Grail best left to Monty Python films (or texts).
    Waylaid with providers going bust:

Rethink
    Thunderdrive
    Hubic
    Copy
    Bitcasa
    drop.io
    Ubuntu One
    XDrive (Yahoo?)
    There was a guy on OGF from Sri Lanka who was offering 200 GB free a year or two ago
    Multiple NC/OC based providers such as Dattodrive (they have enterprise plans now IIRC, no more consumer)

If you know where to look, there is a new provider who offers 1 TB storage.. (er 1024 GB) Free .

Keep the money in your wallet. Use it for gas. Or gaslighting.

Thanked by (2)Ympker angstrom
  • edited April 2022

Hosthatch sell 1TB storage vps for $60 for 3 years last BF that more reasonable to buy vs €69 lifetime (don't know how many years)

Thanked by (2)ehab angstrom
  • Looks like many bought, hope they don't deadpool.

Thanked by (2)angstrom TheDP

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

Were you referring to their past history? Oh, well.. thanks for the headsup, but I bit the bullet two weeks ago anyway, let's see how it plays out. So far the article on Techcrunch and Venturebeat give me hopes for a better future. I'd assume the CEO has also learnt his lessons/stuff along the way and the continued participation in the thread and quick replies leave a positive first impression :)

I already knew about the bad reviews on Reddit/Trustpilot when I checked them out about a year ago, so I'm really gambling on the future here. Since I've also got Koofr, pCloud, GDrive, I'm not really dependent on this deal to work out, but LTD addiction kicks in, so here we are. Maybe also because I love Valencia :D

@angstrom said:

MS said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

Yes, this is my impression as well :/

This is it, mainly :P And LTD addiction^^
    When I bought in a couple weeks ago, I didn't even know that guy was on LE forums. I only found out yesterday.

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@root said:

@ialexpw said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

To me, this looks like a scam. That 10TB offer is now discounted more, to 420 EUR. How could such a person be making any money on such plans? It's not even Black Friday to say there is some celebration hype combined with alcohol and happy community. We look at such offers and hope business will survive; the business in turn hopes to gain a lot more customers; and the hype train is fuelled by advertising about investors with "millions", while lifetime offers were also advertised in 2019, 2020, and 2021. Next thing we might see: the owner complaining about losing "millions" on a low-end forum.

If that guy becomes successful while lifetime customers remain happy, he will become a very weird page in the history of LET, because low-end-detectives might have been wrong, and community might need to apologise for how they treated that guy on his past comments and threads.

Agreed - although I'm unsure how they store files in the backend, I run a storage service for a small group of people/colleagues using Wasabi as the back-end, they charge a flat rate of $5 p/TB so it's not like they'd be losing a lot though.

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• One would assume that they can offer ‘lifetime’ plans because most people use a tiny mount of their storage, whilst the hoarders are in the minority.

Thanked by (2)ialexpw Ympker
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

I'm curious since it seems like a lot of people always jump on storage offers when they're this cheap. And its often the same people every time from what I can tell.

So I wonder which one of these is true:
    1. You guys just like cheap shit and idle storage space like you idle cheap ass BF servers.
    2. You guys like cheap storage because you actually have a ton of data that needs backed up regularly.
    3. You have to keep finding a new storage provider because the cheap ones keep deadpooling. (Really hope this one isn't the case, but if it is then it may be time to reevaluate future purchases)

Perhaps I'm just not a power user like you guys, but I don't think I'd ever have more than 1 or 2TB of data that I'd need hot backups for. And I just have my backups in a local NAS in my house and a duplicate copy stored in the cloud (GDrive).

Thanked by (3)Ympker angstrom root

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said

but I don't think I'd ever have more than 1 or 2TB of data that I'd need hot backups for.

Be prepared to deny making that statement once you reach a certain age. Like this guy

Thanked by (1)Ympker