Where to inquire about suspended VPS?

edited May 2022 in Help

My VPS signup email says to use this forum for support but I assume the support tickets page is for the forum itself not VPS support?

Anyway my trusty @InceptionHosting UK VPS of 6.5 years got suspended.

edit: removed irrelevant detail

Comments

• I believe you can just open a ticket now, since LES was different back then ...

• For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Thanks I had tried that clients URL but with the wrong password and it does now give me access. Still the two of you seem to differing on which I should use so I might sit tight and see if Mr InceptionHosting responds.

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited May 2022

@ivorget said:
    Thanks I had tried that clients URL but with the wrong password and it does now give me access. Still the two of you seem to differing on which I should use so I might sit tight and see if Mr InceptionHosting responds.

Things have changed.

Use their ticketing system.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• OK will do, thanks.

• The same thing happened to me - there was a bug in OpenVZ and they updated it this morning. It was on their Announcements page.

For ages the bandwidth calculator was showing as 0 in SolusVM permanently and now it is apparently fixed. But my NAT LES instance was suspended immediately after the upgrade.

I raised a ticket and my bandwidth allocation was bumped - I am a bit confused to be honest. The bandwidth I have supposedly used is massive given that it resets on the 1st of the month and it is only the 4th today.

Also, I can't actually SSH in or get a serial console, so it is still down even though SolusVM shows it as up. I sent another response to the ticket so let's see what happens.

I don't like raising tickets as it is meant to be fully unsupported - with support only via the forum under the old rules (and that old forum has been replaced by this one).

• @ivorget said:
    Still the two of you seem to differing on which I should use so I might sit tight and see if Mr InceptionHosting responds.

I was referring to the same as @TheDP :# B)

• Mr Inceptionhosting

I like that 👍

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ
  • MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@greensysadmin said:
    I raised a ticket and my bandwidth allocation was bumped - I am a bit confused to be honest. The bandwidth I have supposedly used is massive given that it resets on the 1st of the month and it is only the 4th today.

SolusVM and OpenVZ have a bug that shows massive incorrect bandwidth use, not sure the cause, I haven't used OpenVZ in a very long time so if I knew I forgot at this point.

Thanked by (1)greensysadmin

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• My NAT container is up again now :)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

The quick version of what happened for transparency.

Containers unable to boot or reboot once shutdown, issue traced to memory leak, acknowledged upstream a while ago and fix rolled in to newer vzkernel.

very latest vzkernel is not compatible at all with the containers that were originally migrated from OpenVZ 6, so more than 50% of them stuck in starting but never actually start.

Rolled back 1 version, happy middle ground :) everything works

However ... that solusvm bug with VZ+bandwidth counting struck, it does count bandwidth it just does nothing with the count, until the updates resolved that and then around 10 months of bandwidth use got counted immediately which suspended around 20 containers for using to much.

Once we discovered that we just decided to reset all container's bandwidth use to 0 for the month and monitor, everything is as expected now, with few casualties along the way but all ok in the end.

Honestly, it is getting MUCH harder to support OpenVZ+Solusvm, the code and process within solusvm were all written for OpenVZ 5, it was then quickly patched for OpenVZ 6, and then BADLY!! patched for OpenVZ 7 and it hardly works at all now.

Unless SolusVM provide a drop-in path for VZ8 that requires little or no change (haha) the EOL of VZ7 will likely spell the end of NAT Containers altogether and container support within Inception Hosting generally. Time will tell.

Thanked by (2)skorous greensysadmin

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @InceptionHosting said: Unless SolusVM provide a drop-in path for VZ8 that requires little or no change (haha) the EOL of VZ7 will likely spell the end of NAT Containers altogether and container support within Inception Hosting generally. Time will tell.

That would be unfortunate though understandable.

Thanked by (2)Brueggus greensysadmin