Cloudflare Outage

TheDPTheDP OG
edited June 2022 in Outages

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

Comments

• Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • Receiving http error 500 from nginx from time to time on cloudflare hosted sites.

• LES is affected as well.

Can’t access LES on my notebook.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @TheDP said:

LES is affected as well.

Can’t access LES on my notebook.

Works fine for me though.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

need to shift out of cloudflare!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• This why the internet shouldn't be centralized.

One CDN that's down causes a visible dint in the AMS-IX stats.

Thanked by (2)bdl pikachu
  • This is why, you should use your local HAProxy.
    Support your local HAProxy!

Thanked by (2)pikachu Ganonk
  • bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

Just switched to using them for a project as I was dealing with consistent L7 DDoS attacks. Never been a real fan of their model but my hand was forced as I didn’t have a better solution.

• @bruh21 said: Just switched to using them for a project as I was dealing with consistent L7 DDoS attacks. Never been a real fan of their model but my hand was forced as I didn’t have a better solution.

X4B maybe?

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@bruh21 said:
    Just switched to using them for a project as I was dealing with consistent L7 DDoS attacks. Never been a real fan of their model but my hand was forced as I didn’t have a better solution.

I'm in the same mindset for using CF here on LES. No way in hell I'm pointing the site directly at the VM. Incidents like this are a small price to pay for DDoS protection and CDN especially when I'm literally not paying a dime for it and any alternative would significantly increase our monthly operating costs (which at this post are minimal).

Even with these outages I'm unconvinced we'd have any less headaches using some other service.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• I'm in the same mindset for using CF here on LES. No way in hell I'm pointing the site directly at the VM. Incidents like this are a small price to pay for DDoS protection and CDN especially when I'm literally not paying a dime for it and any alternative would significantly increase our monthly operating costs (which at this post are minimal).

Even with these outages I'm unconvinced we'd have any less headaches using some other service.

Have you considered cloudns? Seriously considering them, have been for 3/4 months

• bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

@stevewatson301 said:

@bruh21 said: Just switched to using them for a project as I was dealing with consistent L7 DDoS attacks. Never been a real fan of their model but my hand was forced as I didn’t have a better solution.

X4B maybe?

Was considering it but I can’t justify spending over $20 a month when I’m not making money from my site. If it were a business thing perhaps, but I can put up with Cloudflare I suppose considering it’s free

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

The one thing I like about CloudFlare is when something like this happens, they always have a blog post soon after explaining what happened, the cause, and mitigation/solution to the issue.. Not many go into detail like they do.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:
    The one thing I like about CloudFlare is when something like this happens, they always have a blog post soon after explaining what happened, the cause, and mitigation/solution to the issue.. Not many go into detail like they do.

Surely they're ITIL Certified :smiley:

Considering their size and the scale of their services being used, that's how it's supposed to be done.

But yeah, this should be standard practice for Service Providers, big or small.

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

20 minutes of downtime here, too much drama in the air.

Thanked by (2)pikachu bikegremlin

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.