HostMantis to migrate customers to "DynamicHosting.ca"

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited June 2022 in General

Anyone heard of DynamicHosting.ca before? Guess that migration finally gives me a good reason to migrate away from HM. Wanted to migrate for a while but postponed it.

@bikegremlin if you are still there, maybe think twice whether you wanna stay. Take backups before things get messy :)

Dear client,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for being a loyal customer over the years, we are profoundly grateful for your support. As our company has grown, we have made several modifications to our services and solutions adapting to the ever-changing demands of today’s IT landscape. Through it all, our goal has been to ensure we provide our clients with world-class solutions, technical support, and impeccable customer service.

As of July 1st, 2022, to continue our evolution we are partnering with Dynamic Hosting. Going forward, Dynamic Hosting will be managing all monitoring, technical support, and billing services accordingly.

We genuinely appreciate your business over the years, much of our growth can be attributed to amazingly dedicated customers like you. In the coming days, you will receive a detailed email containing details from Dynamic Hosting on how to contact technical support, customer service and account management.

FAQ:

What happens to my account?

Initially, nothing at all. However, in mid-July communications will begin going out to schedule a migration of your account to a new platform. As part of the Partnership with Dynamic Hosting our hosting infrastructure is being upgraded to the latest technologies. This upgrade will require a migration to the new platform that our support team will manage for you during a scheduled maintenance window that suits you.

How will I interact with my account?

The same client area account that you currently use will remain available to you (i.e. https://my.hostmantis.com/clientarea.php ). In August an upgrade to that system will also occur during a brief maintenance window. However, there should be no functional change for you.

Support Information (For Use After July 1, 2022)

[email protected] - Technical Support - 866-567-8464 option 2

[email protected] – 866-567-8464 Ex 954 – Billing/Account Management

Will my credit card be migrated?

At this time, it will not, Dynamic Hosting will set up your account on their system and request updated billing information. Once complete, as of July 1, 2022, all future invoices will be paid to Dynamic Hosting and HostMantis invoices will cease.

Will my pricing change?

Not at all, all pricing and services provided by HostMantis will be the same after the transition to Dynamic Hosting.

Thank you for your continued patronage,

HostMantis Sales
[email protected]

Thanked by (3)_MS_ bikegremlin jureve

Comments

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited June 2022

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited June 2022

Backups are always at hand, always ready to move, regardless of the provider.
    Just got back from the gym and read the news (a 10 days notice - classic! :) ) - updated my reviews with the info, doing my research on the new owner (doesn't look too promising), and getting ready to test MDDhosting "Elastic reseller," while @MikePT MyW hosting is a tried and tested solution in case I need to move fast.

Edit:
    Dynamic Host offers no reseller hosting.
    This will be fun... :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• vyasvyas OG
    edited June 2022

A. good riddance
    B. Glad I exited in June

So either HM are ready to get acquired / sold to a bigger player (read: Premium player) and are offloading LE customers, or they have some other plans.

Dynamic Hosting will be managing all monitoring, technical support, and billing services accordingly.

In either case, I wish them well.

Edit: What is the response in OGF like? Haven't been there is a while

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Considered @MikeA shared offering. It’s quite nice :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • "FREE Cybersecurity Audit" LOL. What makes them qualified to provide security audits to their client's websites?! :lol:

Thanked by (2)Ympker nullroute
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@vyas said:
    A. good riddance
    B. Glad I exited in June

So either HM are ready to get acquired / sold to a bigger player (read: Premium player) and are offloading LE customers, or they have some other plans.

Dynamic Hosting will be managing all monitoring, technical support, and billing services accordingly.

In either case, I wish them well.

Edit: What is the response in OGF like? Haven't been there is a while

It basically sounds like an acquisition even though they call it "partnering".

• LOL @ "Partnership"

• Never used them, although followed the drama on pricing changes what are they like as a company?

Is this all bs?

• I just messaged my daughter her new name is rpm. She just said "cool, send me some money for booze".

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited June 2022

@AaronSS said:
    Considered @MikeA shared offering. It’s quite nice :)

LESWEB50 gives 50% off recurring still. $19.99/y or $1.99/m starting price.
    https://extravm.com/webhosting.php

Thanked by (3)AaronSS Ympker sonic

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• It seems HostMantis got sold to DynamicHosting. Web Hosting companies are getting sold like Real Estate.

STROMONIC.COM - Web Hosting, Reseller, Managed WP, VPS, GPU & Dedicated Servers!
    Data Centers: India, Finland, Canada, Bulgaria, United States
    Custom Quotation: [email protected]

• @stromonic said: It seems HostMantis got sold to DynamicHosting. Web Hosting companies are getting sold like Real Estate.

No it's like @vyas said - they're probably preparing to sell (by offloading the low-end paying clients so their books look more attractive).

• deankdeank OG
    edited June 2022

So, they are chopping off low-end customers and sold clients to Dickhead.ca?

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @MikeA said:

@AaronSS said:

Which server provider/which location do you use for shared hosting in Europe?

• edited June 2022

@debaser said: Which server provider/which location do you use for shared hosting in Europe?

Looks like OVH to me :)

• @AaronSS said:

@debaser said: Which server provider/which location do you use for shared hosting in Europe?

Yeah, probably. Hopefully it’s not in a wooden shed à la OVH SBG.

edited June 2022

@debaser said:

@AaronSS said:

@AaronSS said:

Web hosting in Europe is on Hetzner (DE).

Thanked by (1)debaser

Yours truly.

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited June 2022

@MikeA said:

@debaser said:

@AaronSS said:

@AaronSS said:

Web hosting in Europe is on Hetzner.

Good to know. I’ve got a subscription at Hostmantis till 2024, but I’m not betting on it running that long. And their usage of OVH has got me worried sometimes.

If anyone else has a good DirectAdmin offer, throw them at me so I can compare (nothing personal, Mike 😉).

Thanked by (2)MikeA Ympker
  • @MikeA said:

@AaronSS said:

I really love @MikeA but I cry to sleep every night knowing that he doesn't have reseller plans. :'(

@casadebamburojo said:

@MikeA said:

@AaronSS said:

I really love @MikeA but I cry to sleep every night knowing that he doesn't have reseller plans. :'(

I have thought about it throughout the past month or two, it might be something that I offer on a case by case basis to individuals that I deem would use it for the right purpose. I've just always been afraid of people using reseller plans for profit purposes and not caring what or who they put on them. I would not let reseller hosting ruin reliability/performance for shared hosting clients, so I've never done it so far.
    I totally get people wanting reseller for their own sites, or small business sites that need isolation (or just to have the account data separate).

Yours truly.

• Maybe host resellers on a separate node?

edited June 2022

@AaronSS said:
    Maybe host resellers on a separate node?

This is the way

But less efficient

Edit: But still offering reseller would mean providing the same quality of service as shared hosting, which wouldn't be as simple.

Thanked by (2)AaronSS Ympker

Yours truly.

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

It was good while it lasted, anyway, I'm going to self-host my website, fuck HM

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

@MikeA said:

@casadebamburojo said:

@MikeA said:

@AaronSS said:

I have thought about it throughout the past month or two, it might be something that I offer on a case by case basis to individuals that I deem would use it for the right purpose. I've just always been afraid of people using reseller plans for profit purposes and not caring what or who they put on them. I would not let reseller hosting ruin reliability/performance for shared hosting clients, so I've never done it so far.
    I totally get people wanting reseller for their own sites, or small business sites that need isolation (or just to have the account data separate).

Consider making resource limits on a per-whole-account basis.
    As explained here:
    https://io.bikegremlin.com/23094/hostmantis-enterprise-reseller-hosting-review/#3

I'm running over a dozen websites on these resources with no problems whatsoever (not per website, but total - and hardly ever used more than half in total):
    50 GB NVMe SSD
    2.5x CPU Cores (SloudLinux limit of "250%")
    4 GB RAM

Implementing per whole reseller account limits kicks the ball to the client - it's up to them to worry if any one client is hogging the resources.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

@bikegremlin I know, I would never impose account limits to the reseller as a whole, when companies changed to doing that I know it was stupid just like everyone else lol.

Yours truly.

edited June 2022

@MikeA said:
    @bikegremlin I know, I would never impose account limits to the reseller as a whole, when companies changed to doing that I know it was stupid just like everyone else lol.

But it solves this problem to a great degree:
    "'I've just always been afraid of people using reseller plans for profit purposes and not caring what or who they put on them"

@bikegremlin said:

@MikeA said:

"'I've just always been afraid of people using reseller plans for profit purposes and not caring what or who they put on them"

In the end its the host responsibility to maintain stability no matter what. I never thought limiting a reseller and all of their sub-accounts to their main account limits was a good idea. If a reseller had 10 accounts and they were all limited to 2 cores, that sounds horrible.

In the end the solution really is to just not overload the servers.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

Yours truly.

@MikeA said:

@bikegremlin said:

@MikeA said:

In the end its the host responsibility to maintain stability no matter what. I never thought limiting a reseller and all of their sub-accounts to their main account limits was a good idea. If a reseller had 10 accounts and they were all limited to 2 cores, that sounds horrible.

In the end the solution really is to just not overload the servers.

Yes. Most reseller hosting providers limit resources per a created sub-account, not per a whole reseller account. Probably for a reason.

It's definitely better for re-selling.

The per-whole-reseller limits are better for allowing more flexibility on a per-account basis (setting your own per-account limits).

In the end, it's a game of big numbers and it boils down to the total server's capacity - regardless of how you cut it.

For example:

MDDhosting has 5 "cores" and 5 GB of ram on their lowest reseller hosting tier, for the whole account.

HostMantis has 1 "core" for their cheapest reseller account.

I've had good results using HM's 2.5 "core" 4 GB RAM tier.
    Hosting over a dozen sites with those resources and the performance is better than MDDhosting (based on generic tests, didn't move any live sites to MDD yet).

So MDD gives me more resources "on paper," but when I measure website performance (and check the server load info), it turns out their server has a higher overall load and a bit lower performance (far from what I'd call bad, just not as good).

Brixly offers generous per sub-account resources (i.e, not per a whole reseller account), yet their performance was just slightly better than HostMantis (but they don't play well with Cloudflare and aren't looking to fix that from what I could tell - that was a deal-breaker for me).

Suppose it boils down to monitoring the server load and responsible overselling (without overselling, the prices for the clients go over the roof, so I don't think that's bad - if done responsibly).

I could be wrong, but to me it seems that limiting resources per a whole reseller account makes these overselling calculations simpler for the providers.

Thanked by (1)MikeA

• @MikeA said:

This is my use case. I just basically want different websites to be on their own accounts both for security and for organizational purposes (personal vs. clients, per-client, etc.) At the end of the day, I'll be the only one accessing all user accounts.

@MikeA said:
    I have thought about it throughout the past month or two, it might be something that I offer on a case by case basis to individuals that I deem would use it for the right purpose.

Here's hoping you'll consider this! Cheers! =)

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

I've just been using purple daddy's reseller hosting for my personal websites :)
    I don't use shared hosts for anything important

I am a representative of Advin Servers