Hosthatch Amsterdam VM data loss

edited June 2022 in Outages

Hi there,

just the received this message from Hosthatch:

Hello,

This email concerns your server named host.com

In the late evening hours of yesterday, we were alerted to an issue affecting one of our nodes in Amsterdam.

Unfortunately even with our best efforts, we were not able to restore it to it's previous working state.

We have deployed a new VM for you with the same operating system and IPv4/IPv6 address. We ask that you restore your VM from backups at this time.

For the inconvenience, we will provide compensation equivalent to 3 months of service. This will be automatically added to your account in the next 48 hours.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and stand by for any questions that you may have.

Kindest Regards,
Your HostHatch team

I've noticed that my VM went down last night and was in state offline. I could turn it on but it didn't have network connectivity. Data was still accessible, though, so I didn't worry too much. And now this. I didn' really have any important data on it, but setting it up from scratch is a bit annoying. Would have been nice if they could still make the old VM available to transfer any remaining data..

This was a 5TB Black Friday deal from last year. Anybody else affected by this?

Cheers,
Michael

Thanked by (1)Janevski

Comments

• Another 'old design' storage server nuked itself?
    I really hope you people have backups of those backups.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• No, I think that was a "new design" server :-)
    At least it has been provisioned on the new cloud.hosthatch.com platform.

• Hosthatch seems to go downhill pretty quickly now with all theses issues. They were always a tried and true low end provider for me, but I can't see myself buy new services from them any time soon. Even not outside of promotions (which means better service).

Still have two running servers with them, but those will be cancelled next month and next year.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

I received a similar email.
    Mine was using the new hardware build with AMD processor.

• oof, sounds like a bicycle crashed into a dyke :(

• How are you... online?

• Mine in the Netherlands is unaffected. It's a BF deal from 2020. But after seeing HH's recent incidents, I'm considering moving to Naranja.tech the next time they have a sale.

• @nick_ said:
    Mine in the Netherlands is unaffected. It's a BF deal from 2020. But after seeing HH's recent incidents, I'm considering moving to Naranja.tech the next time they have a sale.

Their Network has issues since a while, I would not suggest it.

Thanked by (3)nick_ FrankZ lemoncube
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Neoon said: Their Network has issues since a while, I would not suggest it.

I've been seeing the same thing. Thank you for confirming it's not just me.

Thanked by (1)Neoon

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited June 2022

@FrankZ said:

You can see it on the smokeping, however, what the smokeping does not show, is the the spikes to 1000ms and beyond.
    Where the packet loss also ready gets really really bad, up 80%.

Loss pattern: 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 35%, 95%, 80%
    RTT: 8ms, 8ms, 8ms, 8ms, 8ms, 11ms, 716ms, 976ms, 847ms

Thanked by (2)FrankZ nick_
  • edited June 2022

I have a Chicago 10TB storage plan with HostHatch, most of data stored on which corrupted after the Chicago outage. The price-performance ratio is decent, however I have lost the confidence to continue using their service :'(

• Would you mind commenting on these recent involucrations @hosthatch?

I've always been a happy customer, but I think it's getting out of hand these days and a statement about what's the deal with all these incidents would go a long way.

• @i4P1 said:
    I have a Chicago 10TB storage plan with HostHatch, most of data stored on which corrupted after the Chicago outage. The price-performance ratio is decent, however I have lost the confidence to continue using their service :'(

If you plan to let it go, please let me know

• @bdl said:
    oof, sounds like a bicycle crashed into a dyke :(

I get it that in Australia you've got neither bicycles nor dykes, but what you're describing is about 11 times more painful than losing all your data.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • iandkiandk Hosting ProviderOG

@localhost said:

@i4P1 said:

Are you also interested in a BF2021 Flash Storage 500GB in Stockholm?
    Paid until 2025-01-08

AMD EPYC / NVMe / 10GBPs KVM in Frankfurt - https://v6node.com
    Looking for an unbeatable AMD EPYC Baremetal Server in Frankfurt? Drop me a PM

• @debaser said:

@bdl said:
    oof, sounds like a bicycle crashed into a dyke :(

I get it that in Australia you've got neither bicycles nor dykes, but what you're describing is about 11 times more painful than losing all your data.

best comment ever B)

Thanked by (2)debaser FrankZ
  • Ahh, but there are dykes in Oz; just ask them gals. :anguished:

Thanked by (1)bdl

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @iandk said:

@localhost said:

@i4P1 said:

Paid until 2025-01-08

I have the same... thnx

• rootroot OG
    edited June 2022

@localhost said:

@iandk said:

@localhost said:

@i4P1 said:

Paid until 2025-01-08

I have the same... thnx

Don't worry. I guess will get lots of offers in the next couple of months when people will start leaving HostHatch. So far 3 locations got involucrated.

Thanked by (1)localhost

How are you... online?

• @Neoon said:

@FrankZ said:

You can see it on the smokeping, however, what the smokeping does not show, is the the spikes to 1000ms and beyond.
    Where the packet loss also ready gets really really bad, up 80%.

Loss pattern: 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 0%, 35%, 95%, 80%
    RTT: 8ms, 8ms, 8ms, 8ms, 8ms, 11ms, 716ms, 976ms, 847ms

well, the ticket got auto closed, #rip.
    He does not seem to give a fuck.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Thanked by (1)ralf

How are you... online?

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

Welcome to LossHatch

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

• @iandk said:

@localhost said:

@i4P1 said:

Paid until 2025-01-08

I am! Shoot me a PM

• And now the newly setup VM is offline again since 2h. I can't even reach it from the control panel, the status shows offline and when I turn it on it switches to unknown.

This is worrying.. I'm loosing millions here ;)

• @ottmi said:
    And now the newly setup VM is offline again since 2h. I can't even reach it from the control panel, the status shows offline and when I turn it on it switches to unknown.

This is worrying.. I'm loosing millions here ;)

Ouch! Hopefully it's sorted soon!

• @ottmi said:
    This was a 5TB Black Friday deal from last year. Anybody else affected by this?

See, i've been always asking myself how providers can afford infinite amounts of terrabytes at low low prices, well this explains it.
    They can't.
    They just sell more than they have and erase the whole thing when it's real limits had been reached.
    Then the cycle starts again on a fresh install.

Hope you keep your infinite terrabyte backups, so you can restore.

• Is there an outage in NL today?

Hetrixtools is showing my storage server in NL down since 08:02 (UTC). Anyone else having problems?

• @beagle said:
    Is there an outage in NL today?

Hetrixtools is showing my storage server in NL down since 08:02 (UTC). Anyone else having problems?

Yeh. Me too. Tried starting the vps from panel but it doesn't work...

Thanked by (1)beagle
  • @beagle said:
    Is there an outage in NL today?

Does today end in a y?

• @beagle said: Anyone else having problems?

I had

@localhost said: Tried starting the vps from panel but it doesn't work...

that worked for me but I tried after 6 hours of downtime

AU was down for half an hour, seems like the network, and VPS was not rebooted