Any reviews from ReliableSite.net?

nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

Hi, any feedback on ReliableSite's network/DDoS protection experience in 2022? I intend to hire some servers with them but the reviews on the internet are 2 years old or more or do not contain very accurate information.

My experience with them in 2019 was disappointing, they had unexplained downtimes and their ddos protection was weak.

The location I want to hire is Miami.

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

I have a few Ryzen servers with Radic/RS. The network is great, DDoS protection generally works well now. I know what you mean about the random periods of downtime, I assume it's due to attacks on the network, but they're pretty rare now and short, and sometimes I think it's something to do with the DDoS protection blocking monitoring traffic or networks. I don't think I've had any anytime recently though.

I would and have recommended RS to people for dedicated servers, and don't regret recommending them.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• ReliableSite_RadicReliableSite_Radic Hosting Provider

Thanks for the feedback Mike!

Thanked by (1)nullroute
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Hosting ProviderOG

Haven't used them before, however spoke with Radic on a number of times in the past and they do quite a great job.
    I know they had some issues as Mike said when first getting the ddos protection into place which typically is a problem for most companies as you start to learn and filter different traffic etc.

I recall hearing back in 2019 about those issues and have since the past year or two not heard about people having those issues any longer. Worth giving them another shot.

PureVoltage - Custom Dedicated Servers Dual E5-2680v3 64gb ram 1TB nvme 100TB/10g $145
    New York Colocation - Amazing pricing 1U-48U+

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@PureVoltage said:
    I know they had some issues as Mike said when first getting the ddos protection into place which typically is a problem for most companies as you start to learn and filter different traffic etc.

And to be fair the hardware you get for the price (unless you want custom hardware) is great, there's very few network providers I actually would trust putting anything that gets attacks on and knowing that it won't be null routed for 24h~.

@nullroute If you want a VM to test in either location let me know and I'll setup one for a few days. I use Miami mainly for BR and other traffic in that region and know customers there don't have any issues.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• The network is very good and never slows down. The downtimes are admittedly annoying. My most recent long downtimes were on March 30th and May 17th. Others have been less than an hour. I don't know why they occur.

I've setup a failover to rotate my DNS to a backup server whenever this happens:
    https://github.com/mwt/monitor-dnsupdate-cf

As a result, my monitoring service says I have 100% uptime.

I also have a shared hosting plan with MyW which I know is in the RS LA data center. This always seems to be up.

I haven't had any hardware failures yet, but the support is pretty fast. I think they'd probably be able to replace drives pretty quickly.

Thanked by (1)nullroute
  • AndreiAndrei Services Provider

I've got a new server from RS this January, as part of our new deployment of uptime monitoring nodes.

I have to say I'm quite happy with it so far. Having 100% uptime over the past 6 months:
    https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/8317d251043c87c3822902ad49d4f564/

I hope this trend continues.

Thanked by (1)nullroute
  • @mwt said:
    The network is very good and never slows down. The downtimes are admittedly annoying. My most recent long downtimes were on March 30th and May 17th. Others have been less than an hour. I don't know why they occur.

I've setup a failover to rotate my DNS to a backup server whenever this happens:
    https://github.com/mwt/monitor-dnsupdate-cf

As a result, my monitoring service says I have 100% uptime.

I also have a shared hosting plan with MyW which I know is in the RS LA data center. This always seems to be up.

I haven't had any hardware failures yet, but the support is pretty fast. I think they'd probably be able to replace drives pretty quickly.

Does the server a & b need to be domains or I can use IP?

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

My experience with support was terrible, anyway, after adding ipv6 to the servers I was surprised that 2 dedicated servers had their disks corrupted (more than 24hrs for reinstallation and backup sending).

The latency from Miami to Latin America is perfect, I get a ping of less than 110ms in Sao Paulo.

And ipv6 on almost all servers is inaccessible in half the world, it looks like a problem on your network, I won't ask them to adjust it again because the last time they configured ipv6 I had this big downtime and problem with support.

Overall score 6 out of 10 for RS.

All these issues I cited would be resolved if Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and ipv6 were automatically deployed by the server delivery system. Its servers page interface is still identical from 2019, that looks like a 90's webpage lol

• @Ryujin said:
    Does the server a & b need to be domains or I can use IP?

I wrote it to use CNAME records. You can use it as is if you make subdomains like www-a.website.tld and www-b.website.tld. It's probably easy to use an A record instead. I went with CNAME so that I could set A and AAAA at the same time.

• Performance wise the servers are good. Their networking on the other hand is terrible. Heres a bench.sh screenshot from a dedicated server in their New York location. Keep in mind they advertise a 1Gbps connection. These speeds remained the same for three days period. I got a download speed of 60KBps from their server in India. While Linode and Aws servers had no such issues.

• Ah shit, here we go again.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • edited June 2022

This thread of lovejet's was closed on OGF: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180047/is-reliablesite-net-reliable

Also, I'm pretty impressed he managed to download at 10Gbps and yet still wants to moan about the network connectivity!

• @ralf said:
    Also, I'm pretty impressed he managed to download at 10Gbps and yet still wants to moan about the network connectivity!

For a website, the upload speeds matter more than the download speeds. A website does not download from the users, It uploads to the users.

Thanked by (1)nullroute
  • LetMeBeSadLetMeBeSad Hosting ProviderOG

Technically, website does not upload. Learn termins. You're crying with 0 knowledge.

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Spaceberg.cc - Your favorite Seedbox provider!

• @LetMeBeSad said:
    Technically, website does not upload. Learn termins. You're crying with 0 knowledge.

Well, we know what he wanted to say.

• @LetMeBeSad said:

By website, I meant the server where it is hosted.

Thu Jun 30 04:33:18 PM -03 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 12 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 16 @ 3600.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 125.7 GiB
    Swap       : 76.0 GiB
    Disk       : 911.7 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-39-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 489.22 MB/s (122.3k) | 1.52 GB/s    (23.8k)
    Write      | 490.51 MB/s (122.6k) | 1.53 GB/s    (23.9k)
    Total      | 979.74 MB/s (244.9k) | 3.06 GB/s    (47.8k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.37 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.30 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Write      | 1.45 GB/s     (2.8k) | 1.39 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Total      | 2.83 GB/s     (5.5k) | 2.69 GB/s     (2.6k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 878 Mbits/sec   | 519 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 872 Mbits/sec   | 443 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 874 Mbits/sec   | 716 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 384 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 920 Mbits/sec   | 931 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 840 Mbits/sec   | 396 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 909 Mbits/sec   | 886 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1181
    Multi Core      | 6657

The network looks good in Miami, I hope never to contact reliablesite support again, they are terrible. I requested a 1 ipv6 for each server and it seems that there is some routing problem on their side, when I asked to check they had the feat of managing to corrupt 2 dedicated servers and break the raid configuration.

I will only contact support again when I really need ipv6 in production. Network/uptime performance is currently acceptable.
    The support team really needs an overhaul, @ReliableSite_Radic should take a closer look at what goes on behind the scenes at RS support.

• when I asked to check they had the feat of managing to corrupt 2 dedicated servers and break the raid configuration.

I have trouble seeing how this could even happen. Hardware raid or software?

• InternxtInternxt Services Provider

@skorous said:

when I asked to check they had the feat of managing to corrupt 2 dedicated servers and break the raid configuration.

I have trouble seeing how this could even happen. Hardware raid or software?

Something like taking out disk from server without removing it from array ?

Thanked by (1)nullroute

Internxt.com - Zero Knowledge End to End Encryption - Privacy Focused Cloud Storage
    Internxt Send - Encrypt and send files in total privacy

• @Internxt said:

To add an ipv6 address? Why even touch the hardware for a software issue? Makes no sense.

@skorous said:

@Internxt said:

To add an ipv6 address? Why even touch the hardware for a software issue? Makes no sense.

That's what they did. Really.

• @nullroute said:

That's what they did. Really.

How bizarre.

Thanked by (2)MikeA nullroute
  • @lovejeet said:
    Performance wise the servers are good. Their networking on the other hand is terrible. Heres a bench.sh screenshot from a dedicated server in their New York location. Keep in mind they advertise a 1Gbps connection. These speeds remained the same for three days period. I got a download speed of 60KBps from their server in India. While Linode and Aws servers had no such issues.

Did you also post this on Reddit? I just saw it while scrolling.

STROMONIC.COM - Web Hosting, Reseller, Managed WP, VPS, GPU & Dedicated Servers!
    Data Centers: India, Finland, Canada, Bulgaria, United States
    Custom Quotation: [email protected]

• Did you also post this on Reddit? I just saw it while scrolling.

And about 300 other places

• And about 300 other places

Eventually