Theme Selektor is here, Night? Day? your choice!

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited November 2019 in General

Thanks again to @Solaire he has fixed things up so that you can now choose to have a night or day theme yourself based on your own preference !

(borrowed image, thanks @Adam )

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Tagged:

Comments

• AdamAdam OG
    edited November 2019

Help for people!
    Thanks @Solaire and @AnthonySmith for sorting this!

Removed image cos Anthony stole it

Thanked by (2)Solaire mikho
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

You are a god among mortals, thanks for the effort @Solaire! :)

Thanked by (1)Solaire

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Cheers guys. Let me know if anything's wrong with the Dark theme so I can polish it up over the next few days :)

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Adam let @Solaire know the issue you are having here please :)

Thanked by (1)Adam

• AdamAdam OG
    edited November 2019

Hello @Solaire today I was promised a dark theme. I applied the theme and I was over joyed with it.

Then just like been pistol whipped it was taken away from me and I was left with light in my life.

Here:

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • @AnthonySmith did you disable the plugin by any chance? :)

Nope, 10char

• That's odd, the previously selected theme doesn't seem to be loaded anymore either so it seems the plugin is either disabled or malfunctioning. Any pointers in the error logs?

re-added it, I did f'k up the permissions when I first uploaded it so maybe that was the cause.

Thanked by (1)Solaire

• Ant has fixed it!

• @AnthonySmith said:
    re-added it, I did f'k up the permissions when I first uploaded it so maybe that was the cause.

All right, let's keep an eye out. If it happens again it's time to debug.

• On my iPad I can’t get in my profile. The colour of the icon changes, but nothing happens. As if there’s no action defined.

• AdamAdam OG
    edited November 2019

Have you clicked the little man?
    I see now, The menu doesn't come up.

Thanked by (1)debaser
  • @debaser said:

On my iPad I can’t get in my profile. The colour of the icon changes, but nothing happens. As if there’s no action defined.

Do you have the iOS and browser version for me please? Can't reproduce on Android / Chrome.

• Guessing this doesn't come up.

• Oh I just reported the same to Ant on the iPhone.

I just purged the cloudflare cache completely, hopefully that will help some people, please do a hard refresh on your device.

• @debaser said:

On my iPad I can’t get in my profile. The colour of the icon changes, but nothing happens. As if there’s no action defined.

Works on the main thread list but not when viewing a thread?

Thanked by (1)debaser
  • @Solaire said:

@debaser said:

Do you have the iOS and browser version for me please? Can't reproduce on Android / Chrome.

iPadOS 13.2.2, Safari 13.0.2

• @Phill said:

@debaser said:

Works on the main thread list but not when viewing a thread?

Yup.

• @AnthonySmith please make the navbar fixed, so by scrolling it will stick.

• @debaser said:

@Solaire said:

@debaser said:

iPadOS 13.2.2, Safari 13.0.2

Thanks, I'll take a look :). Need to spin up a VM for that so it'll take some time. Meanwhile, please use the following like to get to your profile: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/profile/edit

• @debaser Forgot to ask if you can try in incognito mode to rule out caching issues.

@Neoon said:
    @AnthonySmith please make the navbar fixed, so by scrolling it will stick.

I really appreciate your opinion and confidence in me :)

• @Solaire said:
    @debaser Forgot to ask if you can try in incognito mode to rule out caching issues.

Same in a private tab

Thanked by (2)Solaire debaser
  • debaserdebaser OG
    edited November 2019

@Solaire said:
    @debaser Forgot to ask if you can try in incognito mode to rule out caching issues.

No difference.

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • edited November 2019

@solaire
    On Dark Theme , the page numbers and the 'cells' containing them are both VERY white, thus effectively whitewashing them to be unreadable (test on c'est pit). I guess this is can be fixed by making the text color slightly more grey, if the cells cannot be fixed.

Also, I don't know how tunable the color attributes are, but the color palette on the dark 'Minimalistic Neutral' theme over at HostBalls is a nice compromise.
    (Light greyed text on Graphite)
    EDIT: turns out I was not using Dark over on HB. It was something called 'Minimalistic Neutral'. I loved it.

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • SolaireSolaire OG
    edited November 2019

@debaser @Phill Thanks! Looks like Safari 10.0 on OS X is flat out refusing to display anything at all. Seems to be a generic issue with Vanilla 3.x with no reported fixes. More on this later, I don't have the time to look into the Vanilla core at the moment.

@vimalware said:
    Also, I don't know how tunable the color attributes are, but the color palette on the dark theme over at HostBalls is a nice compromise.
    (Light greyed text on Graphite)

They are quite tunable, but I guess everyone has their own opinion on what color to prefer :) . I'll definitely look into the page number cells. But for now I think we're just going to stick with dark and light, else we'll end up with a different theme for everyone. Appreciate the feedback, though!

Thanked by (2)vimalware debaser
  • In chrome mobile the top left drop down menu still appears white:

Thanked by (1)Solaire

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @vimalware @terrorgen Cheers, I've submitted a patch. Whenever Ant has time both issues will get sorted :)

Thanked by (2)vimalware uptime
This discussion has been closed.