I sent two tickets,Hosthatch charged me $5 Failure to pay the fine within 48 hours will delete

edited July 18 in General

Hosthatch is the cheapest storage provider
I like their service very much
Until this migration
image.png


My server will expire soon. I want to switch to two-year payment
Enjoy the discount I bought the server at that time
Accidentally issued two tickets
Hosthatch creates an invoice and requires payment within 48 hours
And threatened me by deleting the server, which shocked me
Do you have this situation?
After I read all TOS of hosthatch
No relevant content found
Can you give me a reasonable explanation?

I still like you very much
I don't want to make a bad impression on you because of this kind of thing :)
@hosthatch

Tagged:
«134

Comments

  • By the way, it took them only five minutes to create the invoice

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

    Hi there,

    We're really trying hard to provide better support for our promotional plans. But cases like this make it harder to do so.

    @qita said: Accidentally issued two tickets

    There is nothing accidental about you opening a ticket asking for something, getting politely refused, and then the next day opening another ticket about the exact same thing hoping to get a different outcome because it might go to a different support agent.

  • XenicXenic OG
    edited July 17

    I seriously laught when I've read that, but I can understand HostHatch also a bit, I know how annoying this is.

    Thanked by (1)yoursunny

    Greetings from 🇩🇪 North Rhine-Westphalia, Xenic.

  • @qita said:
    By the way, it took them only five minutes to create the invoice

    It would be automated. Pay the 5USD and get on with life :)

  • @hosthatch said: opening another ticket about the exact same thing hoping to get a different outcome because it might go to a different support agent

    OP did get a different outcome after all.

    Ended up with a $5 invoice :smiley:

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • Hold on. WTF???

    Customers can be a PITA, but actually look at that invoice. It is for immediate payment of $5 (due date same as invoice) with a note that if it's not paid within 48 hours his existing, already paid for, service will be terminated immediately.

    IMHO, no matter how much of an irritation support tickets are, there's no way that's acceptable. I could almost see it being borderline acceptable at the next billing period, but extorting someone by threatening to cancel their service if they don't pay with 2 days notice, and that over the weekend, doesn't seem acceptable from any provider.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

    @ralf said:
    Hold on. WTF???

    Customers can be a PITA, but actually look at that invoice. It is for immediate payment of $5 (due date same as invoice) with a note that if it's not paid within 48 hours his existing, already paid for, service will be terminated immediately.

    IMHO, no matter how much of an irritation support tickets are, there's no way that's acceptable. I could almost see it being borderline acceptable at the next billing period, but extorting someone by threatening to cancel their service if they don't pay with 2 days notice, and that over the weekend, doesn't seem acceptable from any provider.

    That is a completely understandable opinion, and you're welcome to open up your company, provide a $15/year promotional service that you barely make any money on, and have a better policy for what you consider acceptable and not acceptable as support abuse. I will be your first customer.

  • o_O

    so say we all

  • @hosthatch said:

    @ralf said:
    Hold on. WTF???

    Customers can be a PITA, but actually look at that invoice. It is for immediate payment of $5 (due date same as invoice) with a note that if it's not paid within 48 hours his existing, already paid for, service will be terminated immediately.

    IMHO, no matter how much of an irritation support tickets are, there's no way that's acceptable. I could almost see it being borderline acceptable at the next billing period, but extorting someone by threatening to cancel their service if they don't pay with 2 days notice, and that over the weekend, doesn't seem acceptable from any provider.

    That is a completely understandable opinion, and you're welcome to open up your company, provide a $15/year promotional service that you barely make any money on, and have a better policy for what you consider acceptable and not acceptable as support abuse. I will be your first customer.

    You might feel justified in your actions, but it surely takes seconds to just close a support ticket. Regardless of whether you think their request was pointless or not, that does not justify cancelling their already paid-for service with just a weekend's notice not because they violated any terms of service, but because they caused you to have to spend a few seconds reading a ticket that you felt was beneath you.

  • https://hostloc.com/thread-1048018-1-6.html

    Cancel this one and buy new chicken from dalao?

    1 of 1 my VirMach VPS is live in Miami, but you should go with Webhosting24 or LevelOne. (paid links)

  • Yeah, I think you're misunderstanding where the problem lies here HH - You sell a service, advertise it and then scream and cry over one ticket too many.... That's like the strangest concept to me.

    However I see your point at the renewal question being asked twice... Why not merge the ticket and point out the previous answer? I get it, its frustrating but only you chose to market to the lowend market and make next to no money 😆 You shouldn't really have a meltdown at customers because you setup a business plan that wasn't thought through.

    Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint qita ialexpw

    I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    Thank you for providing some weekend humor. Your rant has been doubled

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • HostHatch used to run a bakery, cost of a loaf of bread doubled if you stepped on more than 4 floor tiles between the door and the till due to increased wear and tear.... If only he'd factored the cost of floor tiles into his business model 😛

    Thanked by (3)ralf yoursunny qita

    I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider
    edited July 17

    @chris said:
    Yeah, I think you're misunderstanding where the problem lies here HH - You sell a service, advertise it and then scream and cry over one ticket too many.... That's like the strangest concept to me.

    No idea who pissed you off buddy. You're welcome to choose the former scammer who seems to be running a "successful" company nowadays instead of us. He will write 3 paragraphs of politeness even if you just say hello to him, but we aren't running with the money we made by scamming people a few years ago, so our tolerance for abuse is much lower.

    We do the same thing with a bunch of other things as well. For example, users from one country used to create multiple accounts with a single service each to later sell them and avoid the $10 transfer fee. We started regularly charging them $15-20 per service (instead of the regular $10) to merge all those services into one account, or suspend all of them. There was a lot of drama created on a forum when we started doing this because it seemed unfair. Eventually, though, almost no one creates multiple accounts anymore for that reason.

    However I see your point at the renewal question being asked twice... Why not merge the ticket and point out the previous answer?

    Because it's in bad taste. It's not a simple "accident" of sending two tickets. We're generally nice people if you are nice to us.

  • If you feel wronged, sue.

    I realize the damage is too small to make it worth your time, but add in mental damage. Say in the court that you had a fight with your partner over this and that you ended up bashing two very expensive vases over the matter.

    Sue. Do the world a favor, and sue.

    ♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

  • @chris said:
    However I see your point at the renewal question being asked twice... Why not merge the ticket and point out the previous answer? I get it, its frustrating but only you chose to market to the lowend market and make next to no money 😆 You shouldn't really have a meltdown at customers because you setup a business plan that wasn't thought through.

    Should he include additional support time at his next offers and double the price? Imo the behavior of the OP is bold and I wonder why so many defend it. If I remember people posting they're waiting months to get a reply, these kind of tickets (definitely not just this single one, rather a couple hundret all together) add to the queue. If hosthatch was just closing the ticket, the topic would be like "hosthatch closing my tickets w/o reply" instead.

  • I need that GIF of the guy eating popcorn, watching the show!

  • No idea who pissed you off buddy. You're welcome to choose the former scammer who seems to be running a "successful" company nowadays instead of us. He will write 3 paragraphs of politeness even if you just say hello to him, but we aren't running with the money we made by scamming people a few years ago, so our tolerance for abuse is much lower.

    Nobody "pissed me off" I'm quite a happy chap sat in my garden enjoying the lovely weather!

    Don't know your company that well, never really appealed to my specific needs but your offers look cool and I like the company from afar....

    Don't know who the scammer you mention is, but I doubt I need his/her services either! Your classification of abuse, alongside your business planning is what encouraged me to poke fun at the whole scenario.... Please don't misunderstand or misquote me - I think the pair of you are coming across as a little bit silly!

    Its more handbags at dawn than abuse though 🤣 To further clarify my point I'm not taking sides.... Or running off with a scammer.... I just think the way you conduct your business has a few flaws but I wish you both well :)

    Thanked by (1)hosthatch

    I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

  • @webcraft said: If hosthatch was just closing the ticket, the topic would be like "hosthatch closing my tickets w/o reply" instead.

    yes. that's why one would expect the answer to the second ticket be a short premade text block, pointing out that opening the next one will incur cost and risk of getting suspended.
    issuing no warning here and making up an invoice out of thin air, is most likely breaking the contract and against customer protection laws in most countries. sorry, but that's just a bullshit business practise.

    I like Hosthatch, their services and sales. a lot of people do. and most of those people also gave a lot of breathing room towards Hosthatch when it came to provisioning times and broken time lines and such.
    one would expect that to be appreciated and favor returned, even if someone is 'stupid' enough to put in a second ticket like OP.

    don't be those guys @hosthatch , as others said, you chose to enter the lions den with your offers like that and you are around long enough to saw this coming. don't make up rules as you go that make you look shady and like you don't care for your contractual obligations you entered.

  • You know he could have just replied "This offer was only available last year". That would have been fine.

    Saying, "you know what, I think you're trying to take advantage, and so I'm increasing your price from the next renewal" would have been a crappy move, but still up to the provider to renege on a recurring deal.

    But to charge a fee equal to 4 months service for asking a question twice is excessive. Extorting payment by threatening to prematurely ending his service over the weekend if he doesn't pay up. That's the sign of someone who needs to learn to chill.

    To then top that off by explaining how he's casually racist and regularly charges people from one country extra fees, but says he's still "generally nice". I mean wow.

    I decided to have a look at their TOS. I can't see anything about HH reserving the right to add charges on a whim because they feel slighted, but I did see this which made me chuckle: "HostHatch warrants that the Service(s) shall be provided in a workmanlike and professional manner."

    @webcraft said:
    Imo the behavior of the OP is bold and I wonder why so many defend it.

    To me it looks like the OP misread the original offer (from the screenshot in the link @yoursunny provided) and because he's now going into the second year of service, he's asking if he's eligible for the discount. He certainly doesn't seem to be trying to scam or anything. Maybe cheeky asking if he can get a discount later, but then look at the forum and see how many time people ask cheeky questions about expired offers and end up getting the discount. It doesn't really look like the OP actually did anything to justify HH's ire.

    Thanked by (1)qita
  • @ralf said:
    Maybe cheeky asking if he can get a discount later, but then look at the forum and see how many time people ask cheeky questions about expired offers and end up getting the discount.

    It's a difference if you ask this in a forum or if you create a support ticket for it. Support tickets cause overhead at staff being dedicated to help peoeple where as in the forum it's mostly answered by other members or left as it is (what you can't do with a support ticket as I pointed out in my previous answer).

    @Falzo said:
    issuing no warning here and making up an invoice out of thin air

    If he sends a warning for this one, on the next issue he opens two tickets for, there'll be discussion about that he has warned him because of the previous issue and that it'd be two completely separated things. If I recall some previous threads/comments, warnings wouldn't reduce the overhead because some clients are really reluctant.

    Thanked by (1)qita
  • Do they have Paypal?

    If they do, you could charge them if you know their paypal address. Since they are charging 5 bucks per a ticket, charge them through paypal, 500 bucks per mental breakdown you've had due to this incident.

    ♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

  • @chris said: Don't know who the scammer you mention is

    Racknerd. They used to operate Alpharacks which was a nearly-scam operation with extremely oversold servers that they bought off of Quadranet posing as external customers, while being employed by them.

    Thanked by (2)ralf ariq01
  • Racknerd. They used to operate Alpharacks which was a nearly-scam operation with extremely oversold servers that they bought off of Quadranet posing as external customers, while being employed by them.

    Ahhh thanks for that clarification Steve! Although I'm not sure of the relevance of it originally being brought up by HH..... Maybe the sun got me and I'm not thinking correctly 😛

    I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

  • AKA the purple daddy, I believe.
    There are more ... direct nicknames for him though.

    ♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

  • @deank said:
    Do they have Paypal?

    If they do, you could charge them if you know their paypal address. Since they are charging 5 bucks per a ticket, charge them through paypal, 500 bucks per mental breakdown you've had due to this incident.

    OP does not have PayPal.
    The chicken in question was obtained by modifying the email address on the account, without going through provider's transfer ticket process and payment of $10 transfer fee.

    https://hostloc.com/thread-1048001-1-1.html

    OP is currently collecting "evidence" to post a drama thread on OGF.

    https://hostloc.com/thread-1048033-1-1.html

    问:小鸡出不出
    撕逼完马上出
    新的不收了

    Translation:
    If you may ask, am I gonna sell the chickens?
    After posting drama threads, I'll sell them right away.
    I don't plan to buy any new chickens.

    Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

    1 of 1 my VirMach VPS is live in Miami, but you should go with Webhosting24 or LevelOne. (paid links)

  • End be like

    For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

  • deankdeank OG
    edited July 17

    Time to create an alternative, something like ... PushPal?

    That sounds a bit wrong.

    Thanked by (2)yoursunny bikegremlin

    ♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

    @ralf said: You know he could have just replied "This offer was only available last year"

    That is exactly what we did, but interesting to see the default assumption that we're evil and have no common sense. That might be because the OP has chosen to share very specific details, which doesn't include the first ticket, where we told him exactly that.

    This, added with the fact that the OP claims to "accidentally" have created two tickets when we know for a fact that it is not the case, just makes it worse.

    If I read the OP's post and didn't have any other details, I would also assume by default that the provider is being the asshole here.

    If it was someone else on shift, they might have handled it differently and possibly said "we see what you are trying to do and it is not appreciated, so please don't do it again or we will have to charge you for trying to abuse an already highly discounted promotion".

    Anyway, I'm glad you guys got your weekend's drama out of this, but most providers will handle this behavior in a similarly aggressive manner to demotivate other people from attempting the same thing (DO/Vultr ban people when they try to create multiple accounts to abuse their one-time per customer promos, etc).

    @chris said: Although I'm not sure of the relevance of it originally being brought up by HH.

    @yoursunny said:
    https://hostloc.com/thread-1048018-1-6.html

    That is who the OP is comparing us to on his other post, hence the relevance.

  • hosthatchhosthatch Hosting Provider

    @ralf said: To then top that off by explaining how he's casually racist and regularly charges people from one country extra fees

    ?

This discussion has been closed.