nexusbytes status

Seems nexusbytes is going downhill. OGF reports that owner handed control of support/management to another person. No official announcement.

Who has production grade code on nb servers I suggest immediate move. Good luck.

Comments

• It’s a tad more nuanced than this. I’m sure you didn’t read everything.

@seriesn has personal problems, these now touch everyday operations and he’s outsourced those to @Jord while keeping ownership.

While I cancelled my servers at NB when Jay went AWOL for the first time, I think giving @Jord control means the company is not yet dead.

• Thanks for the mention, NexusBytes isn't going anywhere, Jay is taking a step back, while I take over and run the business until he's well again, an announcement will be going out, but everything is being sorted with getting things back on track.

Thanked by (3)debaser umzak g4m3r

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• I have stopped posting NexusBytes affiliate links until I receive the payout.
    After that, I'm unsure whether I would recommend them again.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Hello @Jord,

Thanks for the updates.

There is an old ticket that has never been read (#350854). I understand that there must be too many things on your plate but I would be very grateful if you could take a look.

Cheers.

• @yoursunny said:
    I have stopped posting NexusBytes affiliate links until I receive the payout.

I'm sorry to hear that, I will check this and see what I can do!

@swat4 said:
    Hello @Jord,

Thanks for the updates.

There is an old ticket that has never been read (#350854). I understand that there must be too many things on your plate but I would be very grateful if you could take a look.

Cheers.

I'm sorry to hear that, I will make sure all tickets are taken care of, I will have full access tomorrow, so will take a look when I can, is this for support/billing or sales, please?

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2022

@Jord said:

@yoursunny said:

Panda Man,

Best wishes for the road ahead.
    On a lighter note, your response made me think for a minute... is that jb of the OGF fame responding?

Edit: NB matter was flagged to admins/ mods this morning my time.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/92567/#Comment_92567

• @Jord said:

I'm sorry to hear that, I will make sure all tickets are taken care of, I will have full access tomorrow, so will take a look when I can, is this for support/billing or sales, please?

It is about billing but it is not that urgent anymore so long as NexusBytes would not close door.

Again, I understand how difficult the situation is - I will be flexible and open minded regarding the solution. Many thanks.

• @vyas said:

@Jord said:

@yoursunny said:

Panda Man,

Best wishes for the road ahead.
    On a lighter note, your response made me think for a minute... is that jb of the OGF fame responding?

Edit: NB matter was flagged to admins/ mods this morning my time.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/92567/#Comment_92567

Thank you, huh? I don't follow haha.

@swat4 said:

@Jord said:

It is about billing but it is not that urgent anymore so long as NexusBytes would not close door.

Again, I understand how difficult the situation is - I will be flexible and open-minded regarding the solution. Many thanks.

I do apologise for that, I will make sure this is taken care of, for you.

• I hope everything gets better. I resist to move away from NB.

• @imok said:
    I hope everything gets better. I resist to move away from NB.

Nobody can blame anyone who has moved, but I'm rooting for NB to bounce back but they need to repair the reputation with more than a few empty promises and sales this time

Thanked by (1)Asim
  • @Jord how do you manage your time? Will we see a drop in quality of support for BillingServ and SmallWeb?

• @webcraft said:
    @Jord how do you manage your time? Will we see a drop in quality of support for BillingServ and SmallWeb?

Awh hell naw. It will be the first few months where I’m catching up on stuff, then from there it will be better, everything will be taken care of, from SmallWeb to BillingServ, I have time for everything I do, I wouldn’t have taken it on if I didn’t. But thank you :)

• @swat4 said:
    Hello @Jord,

Thanks for the updates.

Cheers.

You have been responded to good sir :)

• @Jord said:
    I have time for everything I do, I wouldn’t have taken it on if I didn’t.

I must be doing something wrong. I'm doing things I don't have time for and take on more things than I've time for. Haha no but it's quite a big task you've taken on yourself now I suppose, recalling all the topics about NBs recent non-existent support. ;)

• @webcraft said:

@Jord said:

I must be doing something wrong. I'm doing things I don't have time for and take on more things than I've time for. Haha no but it's quite a big task you've taken on yourself now I suppose, recalling all the topics about NBs recent non-existent support. ;)

I like a good task, once I get my teeth into something I don’t like to let go, watch this space. I hope everyone will be happy with the changes over the next few weeks/months.

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@Jord said:

@webcraft said:

@Jord said:

I like a good task, once I get my teeth into something I don’t like to let go, watch this space. I hope everyone will be happy with the changes over the next few weeks/months.

What count as "user" for billingserv ? does it have downloadable service ?

• @yokowasis said:

@Jord said:

@webcraft said:

@Jord said:

You cannot download BillingServ, it is SaaS, so hosted in the cloud. If you mean whether you can sell downloadable products, maybe there's a module for this.

• @yokowasis said: What count as "user" for billingserv ? does it have downloadable service ?

We count any user that is active within your instance, so if you no longer want a user to be counted, you would need to remove them.

@webcraft said:

@yokowasis said:

@Jord said:

@webcraft said:

@Jord said:

You cannot download BillingServ, it is SaaS, so hosted in the cloud. If you mean whether you can sell downloadable products, maybe there's a module for this.

That's correct, everything is hosted for you, we do have a digital downloads system, which is basic, this is being expanded upon shortly, to offer greater protection and more features. For example Link Generation with expiry and so on. More details to be released soon, we will have a close integration with Bunny.net too. For better speeds and reach.

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@Jord said:

@yokowasis said: What count as "user" for billingserv ? does it have downloadable service ?

We count any user that is active within your instance, so if you no longer want a user to be counted, you would need to remove them.

@webcraft said:

@yokowasis said:

@Jord said:

@webcraft said:

@Jord said:

That's correct, everything is hosted for you, we do have a digital downloads system, which is basic, this is being expanded upon shortly, to offer greater protection and more features. For example Link Generation with expiry and so on. More details to be released soon, we will have a close integration with Bunny.net too. For better speeds and reach.

Does it mean i have to actively delete customer account who doesnt have any more service with me ?

• @yokowasis said:

@Jord said:

@yokowasis said: What count as "user" for billingserv ? does it have downloadable service ?

@webcraft said:

@yokowasis said:

@Jord said:

@webcraft said:

@Jord said:

Does it mean i have to actively delete customer account who doesnt have any more service with me ?

Any active user within the system is counted towards the user limit, we are in the process of adding an option to set users to inactive/closed, which wouldn't count towards the active user limit. I hope to have this released within our next release cycle, which will be this week.

• @Jord said:

:) Thanks for acknowledging the ticket. Awaiting the next step.

Cheers.

• Hi @Jord , glad to hear that you’re taking over operations at NB.
    I’m a bit dissatisfied with my current shared hosting (nothing bad, just isn’t as fast as I want), so I’m willing to try something new. NB specs and pricing look very attractive currently, despite the recent complaints. However, I can’t seem to get a reply for my ticket. Just a couple presale questions. Provided you just took over NB, it’s understandable that tickets such as mine aren’t a priority right now. However, if you have the time, do you mind answering some questions for me?
    I’d like to know more about the hardware being used, like CPU model, total server RAM, etc. Also, do you offer Redis and/or Memcached with hosting plans? Can you provide a test IP?

• @swat4 said:

@Jord said:

:) Thanks for acknowledging the ticket. Awaiting the next step.

Cheers.

Sorry for the wait here, will get this taken care of.

Thanked by (1)swat4

• @phuctran said:
    Hi @Jord , glad to hear that you’re taking over operations at NB.
    I’m a bit dissatisfied with my current shared hosting (nothing bad, just isn’t as fast as I want), so I’m willing to try something new. NB specs and pricing look very attractive currently, despite the recent complaints. However, I can’t seem to get a reply for my ticket. Just a couple presale questions. Provided you just took over NB, it’s understandable that tickets such as mine aren’t a priority right now. However, if you have the time, do you mind answering some questions for me?
    I’d like to know more about the hardware being used, like CPU model, total server RAM, etc. Also, do you offer Redis and/or Memcached with hosting plans? Can you provide a test IP?

Hey @phuctran, I'm sorry to hear you've not had a response; I'm currently going through everything, which is taking me a little bit of time, I can certainly answer your questions for you,

It depends on which location you're after, all our locations use Ryzens, but we have a mix of 3900x, 3950x, 5900x and 5950x. All with 128GB of RAM and different levels of NVMe, all Gen 4 I believe and 2TB+

We don't currently offer Redis/Memcached, but we are looking at adding the DirectAdmin pro pack, so I'll see when this will be done.

You can find our LG here: https://lguk.nexusbytes.com/ you can click through the different locations,

Please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• @Jord said:
    We don't currently offer Redis/Memcached, but we are looking at adding the DirectAdmin pro pack, so I'll see when this will be done.

Will you stop using CloudLinux OS then?

• @webcraft said:

@Jord said:

Will you stop using CloudLinux OS then?

We don't currently have any plans to remove CloudLinux OS at the moment; once I have everything sorted and all the tickets out, I will take a further look into the Pro Pack and see if we can add that to our offering too.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited July 2022

Redis is unsafe to use in a shared/reseller hosting environment, unless the provider manages to isolate each Redis instance, for each customer/DA account.

I hope cPanel/DA/CloudLinux guys write a cPanel/DA plugin that makes spinning up dedicated Redits instances available.

Memcached is not as good, but still better than having no object cache.

Currently, LiteSpeed doesn't work with Memcached (since this April).

Thanked by (1)atomi

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @yoursunny said:

My withdraw request ticket has been answered on July 21, three weeks after it's opened.
    Payout hasn't arrived yet.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• My 🎟 were answered the dame day, within a matter of hours

Matter not resolved, minor issue- unable to access virtualiser for the “free” NAT backup VPS…but they dod try to help. Arrival of @Jord on the scene has improved matters in deed

• I worry as a SmallWeb customer what this means for me if there is a problem. No issues so far, but I just hope I don't get left behind since the NB acquisition.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.