Find your next server with ease using Server Hunter

ServerHunterServerHunter Services Provider
edited July 2022 in General

Hi!

Some of you might have already come across our website before, but 4 years after launching we're still in active development and adding new providers on a very regular basis. :)

For those of you who don't know us yet, Server Hunter was created to help solve the issue of finding the right server for your needs. Instead of going through hundreds of forum topics and google results to find a server in Singapore with IPv6 and 8 GB of RAM, it's now just a quick search away.

If you have a specific search you want to monitor, you can just click the notification bell at the right top of the results. And if you happen to find a specific server that is out of stock, you can just click "Notify me" and our Discord bot will send you a message within 60 seconds of it coming back in stock.

A few weeks ago we completely overhauled the search interface, allowing you to just enter your query instead of having to click all filters manually. While we're still working on improving the UX even more, this should be a good step forward.

We would love to get your feedback to see if there is anything we can do to improve the website for your needs. While I can't promise we can implement every single suggestion, it does help us immensely to get different perspectives.

As always, you can find us at https://www.serverhunter.com/

Hope you find it useful! :)

Easily browse and compare over 38,000+ servers from over 500 different providers: https://www.serverhunter.com/
All pricing, specifications and stock is automatically updated. Use our Discord to get instant notifications when it's in stock.

Tagged:

Comments

• Do you plan on sections/ features like
    "Hunt of the week or Hunt of the Day?"

That will make things exciting more...

Best wishes with the project- have used it a few times in the past.

Thanked by (2)ServerHunter pikachu
  • ServerHunterServerHunter Services Provider
    edited July 2022

@vyas said: Do you plan on sections/ features like "Hunt of the week or Hunt of the Day?"

Definitely! We've been struggling with what to do with the homepage (when there hasn't been a query entered yet), and this is one of the ideas that's on the list. The only problem is how to define if something is a good deal or not, because any automated system will be biased towards the cheapest offers without taking into consideration things like location premiums.

It'll most likely be based on submissions and votes, we just have to make sure that every provider has an equal chance. :)

Easily browse and compare over 38,000+ servers from over 500 different providers: https://www.serverhunter.com/
    All pricing, specifications and stock is automatically updated. Use our Discord to get instant notifications when it's in stock.

• @ServerHunter said:

@vyas said: Do you plan on sections/ features like "Hunt of the week or Hunt of the Day?"

Definitely! We've been struggling with what to do with the homepage (when there hasn't been a query entered yet), and this is one of the ideas that's on the list. The only problem is how to define if something is a good deal or not, because any automated system will be biased towards the cheapest offers without taking into consideration things like location premiums.

It'll most likely be based on submissions and votes, we just have to make sure that every provider has an equal chance. :)

OT
    Put an image of a hot chica next to each server spec, have the folks vote. You will get more responses.
    Best wishes

• https://code-cats.com/blesta/serverhunter/

For those looking to add some rarities to their offerings - Don't use server hunter myself but may help others!

Thanked by (1)ServerHunter
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

nice website that i use from time to time πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Quick gander at your site - I'd like to see user submitted yabs, ideally you could take the average scores for each benchmark and average it :)

@chris said:
    Quick gander at your site - I'd like to see user submitted yabs, ideally you could take the average scores for each benchmark and average it :)

We have done some work on this, the only issue is that it’s extremely trivial to fake the benchmark results, so we will need to add some kind of verification or run the benchmarks ourselves.

Will probably release this in a month or two and just see how it goes first. :)

Thanked by (3)pikachu chris webcraft

• @ServerHunter said:

@chris said:
    Quick gander at your site - I'd like to see user submitted yabs, ideally you could take the average scores for each benchmark and average it :)

We have done some work on this, the only issue is that it’s extremely trivial to fake the benchmark results, so we will need to add some kind of verification or run the benchmarks ourselves.

Will probably release this in a month or two and just see how it goes first. :)

@cybertech is your man. and the collection of the YABS from LES (and T) at your disposal. Of course there has to be a big fat disclaimer that I am sure you can work out.

• Will probably release this in a month or two and just see how it goes first. :)

I have to say I am shocked by your response - I expected a corporate version of a false hope prophecy πŸ˜› So kudos to you for coming here asking for opinions and meaning it.... Most are just empty promises in order to advertise!

Love hearing that its being considered - currently the review process is open to similar abuse I suppose? Whilst I agree faking them is an issue - if its noticeably different for the average user and they then went to support and said Hey {insert summer host} this is wildly different.... Then the trust is already gone imo plus the inherent fluctuations between fake and real submissions would be an issue many here would spot - I'd see that as a company to avoid as I have done with a couple of low end sellers πŸ‘€

On your site, I can see a couple with reviews that are quite clearly not right from a quick search so I would assume there's a degree of risk to trusting either method - either way I appreciate your openness to the idea and if you accept yabs submissions I will start doing them to contribute where possible!

edited July 2022

@chris said: Love hearing that its being considered - currently the review process is open to similar abuse I suppose?

We require that they upload evidence that they did make a genuine purchase (e.g. a redacted invoice or PayPal email) and we did use this verification to block 483 reviews to date. Other than that, there's indeed nothing we can do. :(

@chris said: On your site, I can see a couple with reviews that are quite clearly not right from a quick search so I would assume there's a degree of risk to trusting either method - either way I appreciate your openness to the idea and if you accept yabs submissions I will start doing them to contribute where possible!

Feel free to DM anything that looks out of the ordinary, but they most likely were genuine (even if the content suggests otherwise).

And I think the way to go is to allow all benchmarks but have trusted reviewers who will get highlighted accordingly. :)

• And I think the way to go is to allow all benchmarks but have trusted reviewers who will get highlighted accordingly. :)

Not sure how many companies would be willing to - but maybe they could provide access over different intervals at random to a machine to trusted reviewers?

I mean its never going to be a perfect science but have a "Enrolled in trusted review program" tag for providers? I'm just throwing ideas out there of course the logistics could be a PITA but community involvement could be cool and increase interaction!

I certainly couldn't dedicate time to that but I'd love to see something like that!

• edited July 2022

I do see lots of broken links where the provider is dead, no more providing the mentioned package and it is still linking in your website.

also I reported few and they still exist in place for long time.

But, I still use your website as it is very helpful

edited July 2022

@chris said: Not sure how many companies would be willing to - but maybe they could provide access over different intervals at random to a machine to trusted reviewers?

Sounds good, I'll let you know once we've made some progress on this. :)

@image_host said: I do see lots of broken links where the provider is dead, no more providing the mentioned package and it is still linking in your website. also I reported few and they still exist in place for long time.

It looks like our automated script that should take providers that have a broken website for 7+ days offline hasn't been functioning properly, I've just gone through the reports and manually disabled four of them. The script should take care of any I missed in about 7-8 days.

Be sure to keep the reports coming, we'll try to stay on top of them. :sweat_smile: