Who is interested in 1 TB IPV6 NL Storage VPS @ 60€/2-years with pre order?

mxmlamxmla Hosting Provider

Hi!

We had a few requests for Storage VPS and would like to know who is interested as well.

Specs would be:

STORAGE: 1 TB HDD (ZFS RAID-Z2)
Intel® Xeon® Gold 6152
BASE CLOCK: 2.1 GHZ
BOOST CLOCK: UP TO 3.7 GHZ
CORES: 1 (faire use)
RAM: 2 GB DDR4 2666 MHZ ECC
UPLINK: 1 GBIT
TRAFFIC: 24 TB per year
IPV6 SUBNET: /64

@ 60€ excl. EU VAT / 2 years

Stacking would be possible.

It would be necessary to place a pre order with delivery around mid of August, could be refunded as long as VPS is not provisioned.

If you have additional questions please let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

mxmla

Storage VPS
  1. Interested?45 votes
    1. Yes!
      31.11%
    2. No!
      68.89%

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

im up if there's IPv4 included..

Thanked by (3)fan mxmla pikachu

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Paypal ?

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • mxmlamxmla Hosting Provider

@cybertech said:

IPv4 would be additional 24€ excl. EU VAT for 2 years…. :/

@vyas said:
    Paypal ?

Would be Credit Card or Bitcoin, sorry…

• edited July 2022

how much if it includes ipv4?

edit: already answered

Thanked by (1)mxmla

benchmark score of the vps I've ever had

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@mxmla said:

@cybertech said:

@vyas said:
    Paypal ?

noted with thanks..

Thanked by (1)mxmla

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2022

@mxmla said:

@cybertech said:

@vyas said:
    Paypal ?

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • it has to be cheaper to catch my interest. €2.5 /month /TB is expensive

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • Possible with NAT ipv4?

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • @mxmla said:

@cybertech said:

At this price, one may as well take a €12/year 1GB or €24.50/year 4GB dual stack box, and then share one IPv4 between two boxes.
    This arrangement could also emulate Slice+Slab via iSCSI.

Thanked by (1)mxmla

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I'm interested in ipv6 only storage but I buck the trend around here. That's more storage than I need.

Keith

Thanked by (2)yoursunny mxmla
  • ipv6 only cannot even apt install without extra config. I am out.

Thanked by (1)mxmla

Action and Reaction in history

• At least throw in a NAT IPv4 with the ability to use custom domains with a managed HTTPS proxy on your end, and that would get me interested.

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • Asking for a friend, how much for 20 years pre-paid?

Thanked by (1)mxmla

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• Honestly feels to expensive for no iv4. Would need to be like 2eu/tb/month max. Maybe go for a raid z1 array to cut costs a bit?

Thanked by (2)chimichurri mxmla

Recommended hosts:
    Letbox, Data ideas, Hetzner

• I'm ok with ipv6 only but pricing is awkward. Too low to be sustainable for seeders who want heavy iops and network. Too high to be attractive for hoarders who sit on piles of cold archives with little outbound traffic.

Thanked by (2)chimichurri mxmla
  • edited July 2022

@mxmla said:

If there is an option to order these storage VPSes with IPv4 at given price (12€/year per IP) I would definitely order.

Considering pretty decent hardware, raid storage, Serverius datacenter, I doubt that it's fair to judge based only on Tb per euro. Same spec storage VPS in the same datacenter from other reputable providers cost more even with seasonal promo codes, let alone full price.

Thanked by (2)nick_ mxmla
  • mxmlamxmla Hosting Provider

@coo said:
    Possible with NAT ipv4?

We might consider it, thanks for your feedback!

@elliotc said:
    ipv6 only cannot even apt install without extra config. I am out.

We have a few hundred IPv6 only VPS Customers without problems :) Thanks for your feedback!

@stevewatson301 said:
    At least throw in a NAT IPv4 with the ability to use custom domains with a managed HTTPS proxy on your end, and that would get me interested.

We will consider the IPv4 NAT part but Proxy wouldn't be part of it sorry, thanks for your feedback!

@deank said:
    Asking for a friend, how much for 20 years pre-paid?

B)

@willie said:
    I'm ok with ipv6 only but pricing is awkward. Too low to be sustainable for seeders who want heavy iops and network. Too high to be attractive for hoarders who sit on piles of cold archives with little outbound traffic.

Thanks for your feedback!

@cyberpunk said:
    If there is an option to order these storage VPSes with IPv4 at given price (12€/year per IP) I would definitely order.

Considering pretty decent hardware, raid storage, Serverius datacenter, I doubt that it's fair to judge based only on Tb per euro. Same spec storage VPS in the same datacenter from other reputable providers cost more even with seasonal promo codes, let alone full price.

Thanks for your feedback!

We are still interested in additional feedback and thank everyone who voted and commented.

• @cyberpunk said: Considering pretty decent hardware, raid storage, Serverius datacenter, I doubt that it's fair to judge based only on Tb per euro.

It's also the 2 years up front. It would be more interesting month to month, or quarterly or even per 6 months. Otherwise it's a bit scary: am I mistaken or is mxmla a new provider? Having seen a few stalwart LES and LET providers collapse leaving multi-year plan users holding the bag, and another well regarded one currently teetering, I'm queasy about anything else like this, especially since I'd want multiple TB.

Hetzner StorageBox is under €2/TB in the larger sizes and it's month-to-month from a company with a lot more resources. I'm drifting towards consolidating all my backups there, especially since they let you have geo redundancy now (choice of DE or FI locations).

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • @willie said:

It's also the 2 years up front. It would be more interesting month to month, or quarterly or even per 6 months. Otherwise it's a bit scary: am I mistaken or is mxmla a new provider? Having seen a few stalwart LES and LET providers collapse leaving multi-year plan users holding the bag, and another well regarded one currently teetering, I'm queasy about anything else like this, especially since I'd want multiple TB.

Hetzner StorageBox is under €2/TB in the larger sizes and it's month-to-month from a company with a lot more resources. I'm drifting towards consolidating all my backups there, especially since they let you have geo redundancy now (choice of DE or FI locations).

I agree, when the whole purpose is a cold storage for backups then Hetzner is unbeatable together with Backblaze.

What I meant is that exact same spec storage VPS in exact same DC is priced around €10/month (of course with IPv4 at that price, and during BF/CM its usually 50% off). So I'd say, its a fair gamble, pay for 6 months with an established long-running provider or for 24 months for the same thing but with a new provider:)

• I just don't see it, €10/m just isn't attractive in this day and age. The alternative to paying €60 for 2 years isn't €10/m, it's any number of other possibilities such as Servarica's own ipv6 plan which is about US$ 2.50/m with 1TB disk (see Oppossum plan here: https://clients.servarica.com/store/black-friday-2021 which is actually 2022 despite the url). Right now I have 2TB(?) with Hosthatch or I'd be considering that Serverica offer.

• Thanks for the offer.
    This Storage VPS might be even more interesting if the network could be optionally configured somehow internally between the Epyc/Ryzen VPS in the same data center. Maybe benefits low latency, less noise between the machines... maybe even unmetered internal traffic possible (and faster)? Also no public IPs necessary... maybe not even any external traffic... Cheaper then? :-)
    Regarding the price... sure currently you could get 2$/m/TB in Canada with ipv4 and 2C/2G. But the little extra might be worth it with the mentioned location bonus (if you already have a mxmla-VPS here)... The only downside is the long term commitment... in case the performance might not be as expected. I might actually consider playing around with the entry tier...

• @elliotc said:
    ipv6 only cannot even apt install without extra config. I am out.

Really? I run a lot of ipv6 only servers and I can not recollect having any problems with apt.