Looking for recurring Time4VPS / Hostens offer

Hello. Looking for recurring Time4VPS / Hostens offer. Wanted KVM VPS that was 20 EURO per year or may be cheaper but you can proposе other interesting recurring offers from them. Thanks.

Comments

• Now that goes way back. That company was acquired a year or so ago and all the prices went up, I think. They were never that great to begin with, though they were sometimes low priced. I'd say just find something else that you like.

• @willie said:
    Now that goes way back. That company was acquired a year or so ago and all the prices went up, I think. They were never that great to begin with, though they were sometimes low priced. I'd say just find something else that you like.

You are right, but for me their network is very well optimized. My ISP works very badly with most VPS in the evening. For example, I have used Virmach NL, Virmach DE, Netcup, Online.net NL, Online.net FR, Php-friends (now) and tested a huge number of other providers. Almost everyone works poorly in the evening. And this is the fault of my Internet provider, as it seems to me, this is due to the fact that there is not enough bandwidth at the exchange points from foreign providers. For example Time4VPS or FriendHosting (LV) works well. They are expensive compared to offers from Netcup, Php-friends and others. So I decided to use Time4VPS and FriendHosting (LV) as a buffer between my Php-friends VPS, I forward ports (22, 80, 443, others) through wireguard on FriendHosting (LV). I have been using this for about 3 months and it works very well. At the same time, I have a very cool offer from Php-friends and I need the cheapest VPS from Time4VPS or FriendHosting (LV).

• coldcold OG
    edited August 2022

https://my.hosteons.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0 21$

they have also OVZ offers

OVZ256MB
    From $12.00/yr

• @cold said:
    https://my.hosteons.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0 21$

they have also OVZ offers

OVZ256MB
    From $12.00/yr

Thanks, but LV is Latvia not Las Vegas

• Have you tried Hetzner (Finland) or OVH (Poland)? No idea if that would work any better for LV but might be something to try.

• ofitofit OG
    edited August 2022

@willie said:
    Have you tried Hetzner (Finland) or OVH (Poland)? No idea if that would work any better for LV but might be something to try.

Finland too far from me, OVH (Poland) have bad routing (go to other country than to me while Poland have direct connection to me). Thanks.

• edited August 2022

Do they (time4vps) allow server transfers?

I have their "Linux-2 KVM" with KVM50 promo bought.
    Processor: 1 x 2.6 GHz
    Memory: 2048 MB
    Storage: 20 GB
    Bandwidth: 1000 Mbps (Monthly limit: 4 TB)
    +Plus 1 Gbps port speed upgrade (addon, may be that possible to remove, not sure)

EUR30.95/yr

That is what you looking for or I'm wrong?

• @SashkaPro said:
    Do they (time4vps) allow server transfers?

I have their "Linux-2 KVM" with KVM50 promo bought.
    Processor: 1 x 2.6 GHz
    Memory: 2048 MB
    Storage: 20 GB
    Bandwidth: 1000 Mbps (Monthly limit: 4 TB)
    +Plus 1 Gbps port speed upgrade (addon, may be that possible to remove, not sure)

EUR30.95/yr

That is what you looking for or I'm wrong?

Yes this but i wanted cheaper deal, on beginning of year it cost 20 EUR/year and before this year even cheaper. on Hostens it cost $21,6/ per year if pay 3 years + 1Gbit/s add-on will cost ~ $25/year. Until what date it is paid?

• @ofit said: on beginning of year it cost 20 EUR/year and before this year even cheaper

don't consider time4vps earlier :(

That deal bought 2022-06-22 (and expires 2023-06-22).

• @SashkaPro said:

@ofit said: on beginning of year it cost 20 EUR/year and before this year even cheaper

don't consider time4vps earlier :(

That deal bought 2022-06-22 (and expires 2023-06-22).

ok. I will wait other offer if find nothing interesting i will contact to you. Thanks.

• Hey @ofit you probably aren't looking still but it seems Time4VPS have a deal till end of tomorrow.

Thanked by (2)vero ofit
  • @ofit said:
    Hello. Looking for recurring Time4VPS / Hostens offer

@willie said:
    Now that goes way back. That company was acquired a year or so ago and all the prices went up, I think. They were never that great to begin with, though they were sometimes low priced.

Saw your remark regarding the network, but I'd also suggest avoiding Time 4 VPS by all means.

Long story short, but even before the acquisition they were one of the very few VPS providers, whose offer I didn't renew right after the first year with them.

• @tarasis said:
    Hey @ofit you probably aren't looking still but it seems Time4VPS have a deal till end of tomorrow.

They offer good discount indeed ATM. The longest order period is two years, discount also applied for SSD storage and 1Gbps uplink, which come as additional options. I don't remember they ever offered such reductions. So it is good opportunity for "temporary" project or if you're fine to move your data from time to time.

Other than that - this company almost tripled their prices in a span of one and half year for local market. I wouldn't consider buying anything from them anymore, actually I'm slowly moving my stuff away - domains, some old web hosting accounts etc (it was there from like 12 years ago). I guess they have become the most expensive provider in our country. Their net profit is 30% from turnover. They might have started losing their customers as they offer web hosting very cheaply now (0.75€/y, never saw that before), but only for the first year.

• @tarasis said:
    Hey @ofit you probably aren't looking still but it seems Time4VPS have a deal till end of tomorrow.

Thanks you @tarasis . I searched for cheap reccuring offer but couldn't find it. The only solution is to buy on promo sales. I bought Time4VPS on sale in the summer for 2 years. So I don't know if I need another one. This VPS is used for port forwarding, which is configured in 20-30 minutes. So I can change VPS quite often.
    Hostens also offer a good price for a 3 year plan, although who knows if I need it in a year or 2 years. In addition, my provider can easily change the routing and this VPS will become useless for me, as happened with FriendHosting (LV), ITL, Veesp 2 months ago. At the moment only Time4VPS / Hostens (LT), YourServer (LV), Melbicom (PL, LT), G-Core (PL) Vult (PL) works well for me on evening. But Poland can works bad on some days. The cheapest one is still Time4VPS / Hostens (LT) at the moment if you buy on promo sale ~16-20/year euro and ~20-25/year euro on 1Gbit port.
    Thank you for writing. You can write if you come across a sale at Time4VPS / Hostens (LT).

Thanked by (1)tarasis
  • @DataRecovery said:

@ofit said:
    Hello. Looking for recurring Time4VPS / Hostens offer

@willie said:
    Now that goes way back. That company was acquired a year or so ago and all the prices went up, I think. They were never that great to begin with, though they were sometimes low priced.

Saw your remark regarding the network, but I'd also suggest avoiding Time 4 VPS by all means.

Long story short, but even before the acquisition they were one of the very few VPS providers, whose offer I didn't renew right after the first year with them.

I don't like their policy of non-reccuring offers either. And the use of old equipment under the guise of new. For example, the site claims that Intel® Xeon® Gold 6132 is used, but in fact it uses Intel Core (Broadwell, IBRS) or Intel Xeon (Skylake, IBRS).
    I had an interesting moment with them. There was a summer promo sale with 70% OFF. I bought one VPS for a month to test the network, processor, disk in advance. So it was on an Intel Xeon processor (Skylake, IBRS) and gave out ~ 700-800 in Geekbench 5. A week later, when the promo sale was already ending I bought anyother VPS for 2 years, I got it on an Intel Core processor (Broadwell, IBRS) and gave out ~ 500-550 in Geekbench 5. I was shocked. Not only does the processor not match the declared, but the performance is also less. Wrote in support to transfer to another server, so nothing has changed. As a result, I asked to add these two years to the monthly VPS I had bought before. But even it constantly shows ~ 3-3.5 processor load on a VPS that has nothing installed (they fixed it for 6 month later). In general, the impressions left a lot, but not in a positive way. I use my VPS for port forwarding through wireguard so I generally turned a blind eye to it because of the cheapest offer on the market.
    And it is worth mentioning storage VPS on OVZ6 in 2023. Default 100Mbit/s network. And slow disk on KVM or OVZ7 VPS.

• @SashkaPro Hello. The renewal price is still EUR30.95/yr? or did they raise prices on a recurring offer?

• @ofit said:
    @SashkaPro Hello. The renewal price is still EUR30.95/yr? or did they raise prices on a recurring offer?

Sorry for late answer but no :(
    76.87 EUR for VPS with 1000 Mbps update :(

Thanked by (1)ofit
  • ofitofit OG
    edited February 2023

@SashkaPro said:

@ofit said:
    @SashkaPro Hello. The renewal price is still EUR30.95/yr? or did they raise prices on a recurring offer?

Sorry for late answer but no :(
    76.87 EUR for VPS with 1000 Mbps update :(

Hello. Thanks for answer. Look like no more recurring offers even for old offers.

• Time4VPS has 75% OFF discount

• @ofit said: Time4VPS has 75% OFF discount

not recurring, and they have this:
    https://www.time4vps.com/knowledgebase/our-vps-storage-subsystems-limitations/

✨🎁 Low end deals Telegram tracker: https://t.me/lowendweb

• mannenmannen Hosting Provider

Care to give more information about your country and isp?

RIPE LIR

• @ofit said:
    My ISP works very badly with most VPS in the evening. For example, I have used Virmach NL, Virmach DE, Netcup, Online.net NL, Online.net FR, Php-friends (now) and tested a huge number of other providers. Almost everyone works poorly in the evening. And this is the fault of my Internet provider, as it seems to me, this is due to the fact that there is not enough bandwidth at the exchange points from foreign providers.

Wouldn’t it be easier to switch to another ISP?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited February 2023

They offer upgrade when you but which also have discount I took VPS without it and seen disk is so slow for my need and caceled service and tool new one with few eur more
    3 core 8GB with 5x more iops and 1Gbit YABS:
    `# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-12-29

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Fri Feb 24 11:43:50 AM EET 2023

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor : Intel Xeon Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
    CPU cores : 3 @ 2593.906 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 7.8 GiB
    Swap : 0.0 KiB
    Disk : 78.6 GiB
    Distro : Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
    Kernel : 5.15.0-47-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 3.99 MB/s (999) 63.98 MB/s (999)
    Write 4.02 MB/s (1.0k) 64.40 MB/s (1.0k)
    Total 8.02 MB/s (2.0k) 128.39 MB/s (2.0k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 246.42 MB/s (481) 244.96 MB/s (239)
    Write 259.52 MB/s (506) 261.28 MB/s (255)
    Total 505.94 MB/s (987) 506.25 MB/s (494)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 920 Mbits/sec 931 Mbits/sec 33.4 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy 940 Mbits/sec 38.7 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 919 Mbits/sec 942 Mbits/sec 35.6 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 901 Mbits/sec 710 Mbits/sec 51.0 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 869 Mbits/sec 104 Mbits/sec 102 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 839 Mbits/sec 142 Mbits/sec 137 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 659 Mbits/sec 105 Mbits/sec 158 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 908 Mbits/sec 930 Mbits/sec 33.1 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) busy 924 Mbits/sec 32.0 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 908 Mbits/sec 926 Mbits/sec 35.4 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 906 Mbits/sec 906 Mbits/sec 50.0 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 868 Mbits/sec 120 Mbits/sec 102 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 830 Mbits/sec 136 Mbits/sec 137 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 807 Mbits/sec 108 Mbits/sec 158 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 641
    Multi Core | 1816
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20734356`

• @debaser said:

@ofit said:
    My ISP works very badly with most VPS in the evening. For example, I have used Virmach NL, Virmach DE, Netcup, Online.net NL, Online.net FR, Php-friends (now) and tested a huge number of other providers. Almost everyone works poorly in the evening. And this is the fault of my Internet provider, as it seems to me, this is due to the fact that there is not enough bandwidth at the exchange points from foreign providers.

Wouldn’t it be easier to switch to another ISP?

Yes. This is a good option if you have a choice. But when you have one provider, then there is no choice. Or rather, you can switch to a mobile provider that will give you 4 Mbit/s instead of 100 Mbit/s for optics for the same money.

• @mannen said:
    Care to give more information about your country and isp?

Belarus. Beltelecom AS6697

The situation has become much better since February. Many providers began to work much better already I see ~20-50 or even more. My ISP started changing the routing. Apparently signed new contracts. But still, most German and Russian VPS still work badly in the evening. Let's hope it fixes the situation. After 3-4 years of bad work, this is a real pleasure.
    So that you understand during the day the speed is good on all providers. The speed drops only after 19:00 pm until 23:59.

• Am I just spoilt or is it like really hard to get an Internet connection in the EU?

Here if my current ISP doesn't do well, I can just make one call and the very next morning get a connection from another provider.

Can someone shed some light? Thank you!

• edited February 2023

@typicalGta said: Am I just spoilt or is it like really hard to get an Internet connection in the EU?

What do you mean by that? EU is not one country, but generally speaking I don't think that there's better and easier accessible continental internet inftastructure than in the EU. I can choose among at least 10 ISPs with all kind of connectivity at my doorstep and reach even most distant part of the continent with under 40ms.

There may be some remote rural areas with with less options, but that's it. Generally speaking internet here is cheap. Most homes in my country can get something like internet bundle with 200 TV channels and 1000 Mbit/s residental connectivity for someting like 40€/m from several ISPs.

“Europe absolutely dominates the leaderboard once again thanks to largely excellent infrastructure. In all cases, those countries ranking highest are those with a strong focus on pure fibre (FTTP) networks, with those countries dawdling too much on FTTC and ADSL solutions slipping further down year-on-year. There is also a strong correlation between the size of the geographical area in question and the speed offered, with smaller countries/locations easier to service and upgrade and therefore often offering faster average speeds.“

– Dan Howdle, Cable

Source: https://www.atlasandboots.com/remote-work/countries-with-the-fastest-internet-in-the-world

• @Mumbly said:

@typicalGta said: Am I just spoilt or is it like really hard to get an Internet connection in the EU?

What do you mean by that? EU is not one country, but generally speaking I don't think that there's better and easier accessible continental internet inftastructure than in the EU. I can choose among at least 10 ISPs with all kind of connectivity at my doorstep and reach even most distant part of the continent with under 40ms.

There may be some remote rural areas with with less options, but that's it. Generally speaking internet here is cheap and most homes in my country can get 1000 Mbit/s residental connectivity for under 40€/m from several ISPs.

hmm yeah, I'm not sure how easy it is to get a connection there because every time I ask any of my european friends regardless of their country, its always that they simply can't get a new connection without some upcharge or some stuff that I don't understand.

• edited February 2023

@typicalGta said: its always that they simply can't get a new connection without some upcharge or some stuff that I don't understand.

Ah, that. Some ISPs offer like 40% discount for first the year with 2 or 3-years binding contracts to stay with them or something like that.

There's a lot of that also where I live.
    So it's not problem to get new ISP. I can get it anytime. Problem is my contract with old ISP who locked me in for 2 years in exchange for significant discount :) There are some penalties if I leave them before agreement expire.

Some people switch between ISPs every 2 - 3 years because discounts they get with the new contracts are simply too good compared to the regular non discounted price for the old subscribers. But for those 2 - 3 years they are locked in with the new ISP otherwise they need to pay some penalties as example difference the between discounted and full price or something.

• @Mumbly said:

@typicalGta said: its always that they simply can't get a new connection without some upcharge or some stuff that I don't understand.

Ah, that. Some ISPs offer like 40% discount for first the year with 2 or 3-years binding contracts to stay with them or something like that.

There's a lot of that also where I live.
    So it's not problem to get new ISP. I can get it anytime. Problem is my contract with old ISP who locked me in for 2 years in exchange for significant discount :) There are some penalties if I leave them before agreement expire.

Ahh, We don't have any of that here, If I decide to drop my ISP today, I can simply do it, I'll only lose what I paid for the billing cycle (so like monthly cost if paying monthly)