Pool regarding new service offer

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@ralf said: even then it's still a long term liability.

Right, even on a big VPN company you wouldnt' want that high of a % of your users being lifetimes, unless you fully intend to yeet the brand in a few years.

At some point you run out of customers to sell those plans to (because everyone has one, etc) and you're broke. Nekki pointed out some VPN host that was doing lifetime deals and his own expectation was the brand lasted a couple years at best.

Anyway, back on topic. I think it's a bad idea. Maybe once as a crazy special/giveaway, but not as any part of your business plan.

Francisco

Thanked by (2)c1vhosting ralf
  • @Francisco said:

@c1vhosting said: Hi,
    that is wrong. The company exists since 2008, so there’s an age. Thank you anyway for your feedback, I appreciate it

You've offered hosting since 2008? Can you show that? I see your parents website made mention of (printed?) media and things like that, but the hosting was showing much later dates.

No, he just recycled his mother's book publishing VAT ID.
    He's pretty famous in the Italian Telegram and hosting community for lamering and claiming to have insane things such as a "75TBPS layer 7 DDoS protection", which he funnily tried to sell to Hetzner and MIX-IT/GARR employees (and was, in fact, just a php file which set a cookie using js). After this he moved to pester us asking for help in local Proxmox groups on how to provision network and setup BGP and firewalls n stuff.

He only owns a /24 block right now and is using TIM SPARKLE, probably getting connection through a TIM business fiber (which in Italy is commonly limited to 2.5gbps but I hope it's at least 10gbit, asym ofc)

Last year I tried to visit the DC when i was in Pomezia for (other) work related issues but only to find an apartment building. I wonder if he has wooden racks too :)

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint kheng86 Logano
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider
    edited August 2022

@foxone said: Last year I tried to visit the DC when i was in Pomezia for (other) work related issues but only to find an apartment building. I wonder if he has wooden racks too

This sounds a bit a bullsh*t, as the datacenter was launched a few months ago. :)

@foxone said: 75TBPS layer 7 DDoS protection", which he funnily tried to sell to Hetzner

Can you show me some proofs about this? I can't remember actually. Maybe it's another bullsh*t?

@foxone said: After this he moved to pester us asking for help in local Proxmox groups on how to provision network and setup BGP and firewalls n stuff.

Show me everything! Thank you

@foxone said: He only owns a /24 block

All you wrote is wrong, even this. We have about like a /20 IPv4.

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• @c1vhosting said:

@foxone said: Last year I tried to visit the DC when i was in Pomezia for (other) work related issues but only to find an apartment building. I wonder if he has wooden racks too

This sounds a bit a bullsh*t, as the datacenter was launched a few months ago. :)

@foxone said: 75TBPS layer 7 DDoS protection", which he funnily tried to sell to Hetzner

Can you show me some proofs about this? I can't remember actually. Maybe it's another bullsh*t?

Just show everyone the pictures and prove them wrong! 😁

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • "He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

@carlin0 said:

Yeah!

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited August 2022

@c1vhosting said:

Layer 7 (websites), the maximum theoretical protection is 75TBPS

We checked better about your ddos protection, and conveniently you posted all of it on your github

https://github.com/kevcussick/AntiDDoS/blob/master/antiddos.php

Where you also commonly bashed other people for their antiddos systems

And proceeded to show off on Telegram how you were DDoSing them (with 200mbit tops, according to one of the attacked)

@foxone said: After this he moved to pester us asking for help in local Proxmox groups on how to provision network and setup BGP and firewalls n stuff.

Show me everything! Thank you

This is a part of a conversation where i was trying to help you on how to mount a partition on /etc/fstab on one of your nodes, and you were absolutely failing at it

And you locked yourself out of that node by destroying the root partition

"Why does it go into rescue mode after a reboot?"

@foxone said: He only owns a /24 block

All you wrote is wrong, even this. We have about like a /20 IPv4.

No. That /20 was a block from Seflow, not yours.
    https://bgp.he.net/AS212271#_prefixes

Back when we asked you for a test ip, first of all you replied with:

"Our network is Tier-1 with direct peering to all internet exchanges"

Then you gave us 185.36.72.1 on Telegram (I've since deleted the private chat, tho) which was obviously from https://server.it

I'm sorry if this comes out as very confused, but it looks like you've deleted most traces so most things i have about you are now forwards and screenshots and not the original messages :(

edited August 2022

@foxone said: I'm sorry if this comes out as very confused, but it looks like you've deleted most traces so most things i have about you are now forwards and screenshots and not the original messages

Wow, it seems that you are a bit desperate to find excuses for your "unprovable" accusations.
    Except the last livechat, I can't find "C1V" on what you're referring to. Do not, for convenience, put questions asked on public groups with work to denigrate it (question asked 2 years ago 😅)

When I tell you we have the equivalent of a /20 IPv4, that's because that's the way it is. Believe it or not, I don't care what you think.

Apparently you speak as a non-customer, moving some "prejudices" and totally fortuitous thoughts.
    Besides, what you sent proves nothing, really nothing, of what you claim in the message written above. This proves your unreliability of what you were claiming.
    I will be happy to continue the conversation with you in private.

• @c1vhosting said:

@foxone said: I'm sorry if this comes out as very confused, but it looks like you've deleted most traces so most things i have about you are now forwards and screenshots and not the original messages

Wow, it seems that you are a bit desperate to find excuses for your "unprovable" accusations.
    Except the last livechat, I can't find "C1V" on what you're referring to. Do not, for convenience, put questions asked on public groups with work to denigrate it (question asked 2 years ago 😅)

You asked that question 2 years ago, but you have been offering services since 2008? How did your nodes not catch fire in the meanwhile?

Your username is @Luca_C1VHosting on Telegram, but you've used Drillionaire and Drillionaire1, LucaDev and GiacomoDevIT in the past. You seem to switch username frequently, but thankfully you always use the same profile picture:

Which can be seen in most screenshots.

When I tell you we have the equivalent of a /20 IPv4, that's because that's the way it is. Believe it or not, I don't care what you think.

On which ASN? You used to have bigger classes, but they disappeared - perhaps you sold them?

Apparently you speak as a non-customer, moving some "prejudices" and totally fortuitous thoughts.

Of course! I would be completely crazy to be one of your customers :)

I will be happy to continue the conversation with you in private.

I will be happy to continue the conversation here, since i really value transparency :3

Thanked by (1)Logano
    edited August 2022

@foxone said: You asked that question 2 years ago, but you have been offering services since 2008? How did your nodes not catch fire in the meanwhile?

We provide these services since Oct 2020. So, you're useless talking about previous time!

@foxone said: I will be happy to continue the conversation here, since i really value transparency

It doesn't seem like it, as you're practically masking every piece of information you write.
    I'm not here to answer such trivial and stupid questions as yours. If you enjoy wasting time, go ahead. I will ignore you.
    Those who are customers and have tried our services most likely think differently from you. So, you don't need to make false propaganda!

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited August 2022

@c1vhosting said:

@foxone said: You asked that question 2 years ago, but you have been offering services since 2008? How did your nodes not catch fire in the meanwhile?

We provide these services since Oct 2020. So, you're useless talking about previous time!

@Francisco asked you if your company had age, and you told him you had "age" because you existed since 2008

But you didn't exist since 2008, your mother's company existed since 2008.
    For the same logic, my company Foxo SRL would've been in business since 1994, year on which i wasn't even born :D

@foxone said: I will be happy to continue the conversation here, since i really value transparency

It doesn't seem like it, as you're practically masking every piece of information you write.

My friend, i could post all the direct links to the messages, but then you'd go ahead and delete them just like how you did with GitHub. Perhaps i could archive all of them in a channel and send the link here, but you promptly enabled the option to hide forwards on Telegram, which then can be easily used by you to say "it's all fake!!!"

EDIT: like pottery

I'm not here to answer such trivial and stupid questions as yours. If you enjoy wasting time, go ahead. I will ignore you.

🙈🙉🙊

Thanked by (1)Logano
  • This is great late night entertainment (and we can’t even see the hand gestures they’re obviously making). But @c1vhosting I think it’s time to be clear. I believe @foxone, I don’t see you prove anything to debunk it. Maybe just own your recent past and show us how you’ve improved.

@debaser said: Maybe just own your recent past and show us how you’ve improved.

I think that is clear, no doubt and never doubt. But this "foxone" does the exact opposite! He speaks only of the past .. so it is unreliable and you can see that he just wants to have fun .. Maybe he does a really tiring job who knows!

Thanked by (1)foxone

• This was funny 😆 cv1 - please don't try to fool people online as it will cost you customers. You're in a group with people who know quite a lot of the industry you're wanting to work in - that's great but as it stands I wouldn't sign up now as you've just lied about your company, assets and facilities for little more than attention.

Just drop the pretence, I tend to have more respect for someone trying hard to achieve on a shoestring budget rather than someone who attempts to bs potential client's

Thanked by (1)lentro

@chris said: I wouldn't sign up now as you've just lied about your company, assets and facilities for little more than attention.

Your choice, I understand it - but where and how did I lie about our company, assets and facilities for little more than attention?

• First decent bit of LES exclusive drama!

Maybe there’s hope for this place after all.

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited August 2022

@c1vhosting said:

Your choice, I understand it - but where and how did I lie about our company, assets and facilities for little more than attention?

Ok, so

We own a datacenter facility in Pomezia (Italy) where we can provide you with high quality VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, LIR Services, DDoS Protection, Web Hosting, Cloud Storage and multi-homed IP transit with ultra low latency and uplink redundancy.

C1V Hosting DC is a carrier neutral data center of maximum efficiency, designed and built to meet the redundancy requirements of the Rating 3 level (formerly Tier 3).
    Carrier Neutral DC equivalent of Rating/Tier III, redundant paths for power and cooling to be able to maintain the datacenter without taking it offline. There are several international and national Carriers within the Datacenter and there are more than one Internet Exchange Point to connect easily.

The structure is video-monitored h24x7x365 by qualified security personnel.

Directly connected to the main interchange node in Rome through a modular transport infrastructure based on dark fiber, the datacenter is easily reachable from the outside and it is possible to request interconnections to carriers present at the interchange node. A further added value is the presence of content providers, national and international carriers, companies and various types of networks with which to exchange traffic privately or through Internet Exchange Points within the datacenter.

That is really impressive for a DC from somebody with no prior experience. But i found no technical details at all to back that up. What kind of cooling do you have? And what's the capacity of the backup generators?
    At the address you set on Google Maps for the datacenter (and what i was able to confirm with a visit) you can only find apartment buildings and under-the-floor garages. You aren't running a DC on a garage under the sea level, right?? How about the floods??

Would you be open for a visit so I can redempt myself and we can all have a laugh over this terrible mishap? :)

• Don't forget "multi-homed IP transit". I'm now imagining a residential ISP line and a 4G phone backup.

Thanked by (2)foxone Logano
  • LES GET IT ON :smiley:

Thanked by (2)foxone Nekki

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• edited August 2022

I mean, it's pretty obvious that you've only just started this game.

Like "hey, the price for this says 3 months" resulting in the page being quickly edited. The "yearly" 1 month deal having 8 times the RAM for half the price which was a mistake and going to be removed, the lifetime hosting at a price that's like the price of 20 years normal service, the quote for a dedi where the €1200 monthly charge would have paid your costs for the server in 2 months, etc. There's no consistency in your offerings at all and next to no information about your company.

Even googling Pomezia data center - the only link that isn't your own is https://www.datacentermap.com/italy/rome/c1v-irideos-dc3.html (which says updated in May 2022) but if you search archive.org that page isn't crawled and the last update for Rome was 2021 and you're not listed there. https://web.archive.org/web/20210802124652/https://www.datacentermap.com/italy/rome/

So, have you really been running this data centre since 2020 as you claim, or actually since April 2022 as the registration on your domain name would indicate?

• @foxone said:

@c1vhosting said:

Ok, so

We own a datacenter facility in Pomezia (Italy) where we can provide you with high quality VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, LIR Services, DDoS Protection, Web Hosting, Cloud Storage and multi-homed IP transit with ultra low latency and uplink redundancy.

C1V Hosting DC is a carrier neutral data center of maximum efficiency, designed and built to meet the redundancy requirements of the Rating 3 level (formerly Tier 3).
    Carrier Neutral DC equivalent of Rating/Tier III, redundant paths for power and cooling to be able to maintain the datacenter without taking it offline. There are several international and national Carriers within the Datacenter and there are more than one Internet Exchange Point to connect easily.

The structure is video-monitored h24x7x365 by qualified security personnel.

Directly connected to the main interchange node in Rome through a modular transport infrastructure based on dark fiber, the datacenter is easily reachable from the outside and it is possible to request interconnections to carriers present at the interchange node. A further added value is the presence of content providers, national and international carriers, companies and various types of networks with which to exchange traffic privately or through Internet Exchange Points within the datacenter.

That is really impressive for a DC from somebody with no prior experience. But i found no technical details at all to back that up. What kind of cooling do you have? And what's the capacity of the backup generators?
    At the address you set on Google Maps for the datacenter (and what i was able to confirm with a visit) you can only find apartment buildings and under-the-floor garages. You aren't running a DC on a garage under the sea level, right?? How about the floods??

Would you be open for a visit so I can redempt myself and we can all have a laugh over this terrible mishap? :)

Lol you're only willing to live in the past, when you actually went there and saw it was residential 😆

• @ralf said:
    Don't forget "multi-homed IP transit". I'm now imagining a residential ISP line and a 4G phone backup.

This sounds familiar...

• edited September 2022

@c1vhosting said: Those who are customers and have tried our services most likely think differently from you

Beyond frustrating.
    At some point IPv6 dropped at the same time on the both VPSes I have here. Since then we're going back and forth with this for 3 weeks now.

Sometimes he says that it's faulty core router, some times that I screwed up OS (even newly reinstalled?), sometimes some third issue... but mostly it seems like this guy don't know what he's doing.
    Yes, I tryed all possible, do troubleshooting, tryed different operating systems, sometimes it work for few minutes after the reinstall sometimes not even this, but generally looking, something seems completely broken.

There was like 20+ ticket responses with "it work now, can you check it", no it does not "oh, wait, we will fix it". The more I am telling him that IPv6 work for few minutes after he do his "magic" or until next reboot the more he insisting "it work now". Damn moron, yes it work for few minutes and then it drop.

Right now I reinstalled both VPSes (with different OS) without me log in, just clean fresh reinstall, and gave him honour to log in first. But for some reason I am pretty sure he will still claim that it's not his fault and I did something to the VPS I never even log into.

He respond to the ticket, I can't say he ignore me or doesn't care, but he's so damn incompetent. Beyond belief.

I was really happy to found replacement for my italian Prometeus VPS who's about do discontinue their LET plans after 10 years or so of stellar performance, but apart from wasting money with two yearly prepaid VPSes I didn't do much good here.

Thanked by (1)carlin0
  • Hey @c1vhosting we still waiting for those datacenter pictures or some proof that you are in hosting business from 2008. For established business it can't be that hard to provide some evidence?

=)

Thanked by (2)carlin0 pikachu

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited September 2022

@Mumbly said: Right now I reinstalled both VPSes (with different OS) without me log in, just clean fresh reinstall, and gave him honour to log in first. But for some reason I am pretty sure he will still claim that it's not his fault and I did something to the VPS I never even log into.

Here we go again. And their response: we can use IPv6 connectivity when trying it. Only when you try to do something, it goes down.
    That's because you might are doing bad things or changes over it.

And I didn't even log into VPS. Not even once after the reinstall. :s

• @c1vhosting said: Our STARTER plan would cost about €450 to be really lifetime. It's not a cheap option.

That's like 8-10 years of Yearly VPS. User needs may change and they may want to change their VPS over time or migrate to new hardware. As a provider, you lose money if another inflation happen, energy price hikes, etc, happen. Not to mention in 5 years, will a lifetime client who got today a good recent CPU be moved to a new CPU model ? or do they keep the now 5-years-old cpu until they die?

Doesn't make much sense as a gamble for both parties.

Makes a bit more sense for Hosting plans, only if you do like 10 of them a year for marketing or something, because these can easily be fit anywhere on whatever nodes you move. so in 10 years, if you are still here and have 1000 clients, 900 of them will be paying, and like 100 of them will be using low ressources cheap services for free so it won't be a big problem

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Thanked by (1)chris

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

I've been in the hosting industry in one way or another since the early 2000's. A lot of my time has been as a customer.

I can't even count on how many previous service providers I've used or done business with that no longer exist today. Many are just distant memories now, and they were all likely ran by very ambitious and 'going to do this forever' types, like you, too. It's good to be motivated and optimistic but you need to be realistic, too.

As someone else pointed out, marriages are supposed to be a 'lifetime' but statistically about half end in divorce. I'm not saying people won't sign up for a lifetime from an unheard of provider, they probably will if the price is stupid cheap, I'm just saying that statistically, there is a high chance of the person is going to get burned in the process.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• @afn said:

Doesn't make much sense as a gamble for both parties.

the sense is: take as much money as possible today

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM