Enhance Web hosting

edited June 2022 in General

Not an ad, I promise! I've never heard of these guys - was about to spin up a vm and give her a quick bash.

Anyone tried it? Thoughts? Enhance.com - obviously it's in beta so I wouldn't use in production environment, but I do like a play around

Thanked by (1)JamieEnhance

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
    edited June 2022

I've used it, it is very nice, but I experienced many small bugs that made it technically unusable from a host standpoint. It is just recently released as a beta though, so to be expected -- so, not production ready, but all base features technically work. I plan to setup a new test server in the future though, I'm sure it will be an excellent option for web hosting.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• Oh nice Mike! Thanks for sharing! Yeah I assumed it'd be unusable, for a business but I was making sure it wasn't a train wreck before wasting my time!

The site certainly talks the talk, I shall give it try tomorrow then! I love the idea of a control server to manage it all! It's my main annoyance as you scale! Anything you'd advise looking out for in terms of bugs? Or just a bit of beta-ness that stuck in your mind?

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@chris said:
    Oh nice Mike! Thanks for sharing! Yeah I assumed it'd be unusable, for a business but I was making sure it wasn't a train wreck before wasting my time!

The site certainly talks the talk, I shall give it try tomorrow then! I love the idea of a control server to manage it all! It's my main annoyance as you scale! Anything you'd advise looking out for in terms of bugs? Or just a bit of beta-ness that stuck in your mind?

Mainly just some basic things like changing settings just don't work. You change things, then refresh the page and nothing actually has saved or changed. I couldn't get system emails to save or work, no error output, just weird random stuff. The overall functionality of the web hosting part of it works -- website deployed, DNS entries replicates automatically to all linked remote DNS servers in the "cluster", but I gave up when I couldn't get the default Wordpress auto install to work, just failed with no errors as well. But it's beta, it looks like a good panel and platform, and I will look at it again once it's further in the dev process.

Thanked by (2)chris JamieEnhance

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• Hi All,

I'm Jamie from Enhance, love the feedback and interest in here.
    Many of the comments have already been resolved.

If its ok, I'd love to share our Product Roadmap with you

As you can see we are very actively developed and listen our community, implementing ideas and requests that come up from them.

Any queries do give me a shout (and please do try the product out!)

• I wonder how much they've paid for that premium domain

Thanked by (1)Talistech
  • @JamieEnhance said:
    Hi All,

I'm Jamie from Enhance, love the feedback and interest in here.
    Many of the comments have already been resolved.

If its ok, I'd love to share our Product Roadmap with you

As you can see we are very actively developed and listen our community, implementing ideas and requests that come up from them.

Any queries do give me a shout (and please do try the product out!)

Hi Jamie - nice to see you here! Definitely coming to give you a go soon! Hearing a lot of little bugs still need ironing out as of a month ago - but it was still beta so not a criticism! Is it still in beta now?

• Hi Jamie - nice to see you here! Definitely coming to give you a go soon! Hearing a lot of little bugs still need ironing out as of a month ago - but it was still beta so not a criticism! Is it still in beta now?

Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome :)

Great to hear you'll be trying us out soon, we always appreciate real user feedback. We are very active on our development as you'll see from the roadmap, We put out a new release every 2-3 weeks.

We will remain in BETA until the end of the year and then we plan to remove the BETA status early 2023.

As always, any questions please don't hesitate to ask, and thanks for spreading the word!

• Hi @JamieEnhance, welcome.

I cannot access your site with my current ISP, but it is ok while using VPN. Mind if I share a MTR?

I'm interested with your product since my team developed similar idea, but go hiatus because of some technical difficulties. We've been talked about Enhance some time ago, we'll see if its fit our need and can replace what we're struggling with.

If you remember someone asked about Nginx, thats me!

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• edited August 2022

Hi Dazzie,

Unfortunately the domain enhance.com was on a few Pi Black lists due to the previous owners of the domain being an Ad Network. We are actively seeking to have these removed.. Please do PM me with your details (and thanks!)

If you have any questions about Enhance, our support team and extremely knowledgeable and very technical.

• @JamieEnhance said:
    Hi Dazzie,

Unfortunately the domain enhance.com was on a few Pi Black lists due to the previous owners of the domain being an Ad Network. We are actively seeking to have these removed.. Please do PM me with your details (and thanks!)

If you have any questions about Enhance, our support team and extremely knowledgeable and very technical.

Ah, unfortunately I'm using BlahDNS which is pi-hole on my devices, so that is the cause.

@Freek operating quite large network of pi-hole DNS, maybe you can have a chat with him.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• @Dazzle said:

@JamieEnhance said:
    Hi Dazzie,

Ah, unfortunately I'm using BlahDNS which is pi-hole on my devices, so that is the cause.

@Freek operating quite large network of pi-hole DNS, maybe you can have a chat with him.

Cheers, I'll drop them a message now ;)

Appreciate the help and look forward to your feedback when you try us out :)

@Freek are you able to help here?

• @JamieEnhance said:

Hi Jamie - nice to see you here! Definitely coming to give you a go soon! Hearing a lot of little bugs still need ironing out as of a month ago - but it was still beta so not a criticism! Is it still in beta now?

Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome :)

Great to hear you'll be trying us out soon, we always appreciate real user feedback. We are very active on our development as you'll see from the roadmap, We put out a new release every 2-3 weeks.

We will remain in BETA until the end of the year and then we plan to remove the BETA status early 2023.

As always, any questions please don't hesitate to ask, and thanks for spreading the word!

I'll hang on until Nov/December to have a dabble! Looks fantastic though!

• 8.0.0 is now out :)

Shout with any feature you want to see…

Ps. Community coming soon!

Thanked by (1)chris
  • https://community.enhance.com/

As promised, community now live.

We welcome your feedback, requests and comments :)

Thanked by (3)gleert MichaelCee FrankZ
  • I've seen comments stating that certain hosting companies are behind Enhance. Does anyone know which hosting companies these are?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Looks like cPanel-y pricing - per account. :(

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

DirectAdmin also charges a higher monthly cost if you go above their plan with a set limit on the number of accounts. And once you jump to their unlimited plan, their price isn't much different than the other cPanel alternatives like Webuzo and Enhance.

• @Joseph said:
    I've seen comments stating that certain hosting companies are behind Enhance. Does anyone know which hosting companies these are?

The CEO of Upmind/World Host Group is an investor of Enhance. Not sure how much (if any) influence he might have in decisions though.

• edited January 29

@Joseph said: DirectAdmin also charges a higher monthly cost..

( @JamieEnhance )
    Sorry but not an excuse to follow the trend, especially if you wish to gain market share/momentum. Additionally, DA did provide good incentives at the beginning, bringing quite a few of us into "the fold", with 'lifetime' and free licences (for end users, via hosting providers). Unfortunately, DA hampered its adoption for smaller users/VAR when pricing was revised, upwards of course.

Having said the above, a cursory look and Enhance shows promise, especially come April 2024. Good luck with the venture.

Now a lite version that ran in 'pure' debian rather than bloatbuntu and 2GB/20GB hardware would cater much better for the lowend community. IMHO.

[Edit 4] Something just occurred to me; does this put a reliance on one Master server to control remote ones? So really two $5/m minimum servers are required for any form of resiliency. Compare/contrast to having for example, two CWPpro (with crap support etc.) servers at $12/y each.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited January 29

How does Enhance compare to DirectAdmin and Webuzo on a features/ease of use/technical standpoints (putting pricing aside)?

Based on the current releases, not future promises.

@JamieEnhance said:
    https://community.enhance.com/

As promised, community now live.

We welcome your feedback, requests and comments :)

If you haven't already, try XenForo.
    It isn't free, but it might save you some time in the long run.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

@Joseph said:

@bikegremlin said:

DirectAdmin also charges a higher monthly cost if you go above their plan with a set limit on the number of accounts. And once you jump to their unlimited plan, their price isn't much different than the other cPanel alternatives like Webuzo and Enhance.

For up to 100 accounts, DA is twice as expensive.
    For up to 193 accounts, DA is still more expensive.
    Past that, Enhance gets more expensive.

DA doesn't charge per account, not directly so to speak.
    Enhance, with the per account charging, might make bookkeeping a bit more complicated.

cPanel is two to three times more expensive in practically any scenario, and they also charge per account.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    [Edit 4] Something just occurred to me; does this put a reliance on one Master server to control remote ones? So really two $5/m minimum servers are required for any form of resiliency. Compare/contrast to having for example, two CWPpro (with crap support etc.) servers at $12/y each.

They don't charge per server, you can have as many servers as you like in your cluster. The charge is per website on your cluster.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin AlwaysSkint