[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@fluttershy said:

@acidpuke said:
    My biggest issue is I got 2 dedicated replacement servers that have centos7 on them with no way to install another OS.

I have had these going on 10 days now and cant do anything with them.

Appreciate the effort but their worthless if I can't install my OS on the them

I'm in the exact same boat, unlucky but it is what it is. At least most of my VPS are up.

This is completely out of our hands and we're frustrated as well. I've bumped up the issue for our datacenter partner but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them and/or the module developers. Of course we could just walk away but that's not exactly going to fix anything and would only create more headache for everyone.

I definitely understand and agree that the dedicated server should obviously have some level of functional controls for the end user. We'd hand out IPMI, but the way they have it set up relies on the non-functional module.

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:
    San Jose cursed? I need to get more servers up at LAX and then we'll send out migration emails.

I have working service in San Jose.
    Would it be force migrated to Los Angeles, or can it stay there?

It's not all of San Jose, just the servers having problems as we're afraid it might go down again and they'll be stuck offline for days. We know how to fix it, but it's (for some reason) better to move everyone off, have it shipped to us, fix it, and ship them back. The DC hands wouldn't perform our simple request as it's not within Flexential's new guidelines of (arguably) doing almost nothing for $XXX an hour. Their list is something along the lines of slow button presses, RAM swap, and anything else a 2nd grader can do.

@add_iT said:

TYOC40 still down until now, pls at least give us chance to migrate it to other location as well

Sorry, didn't realize I was on OGF.

@taizi said:

@VirMach said: Any questions, feel free to ask but I'm going to disappear again from here for at least the next couple days, sorry.

any progress between virmach and CC
    can you disclose what happen to let CC shutdown all servers

I can't comment on this, sorry.

@Ademan said:

@VirMach said: Any questions, feel free to ask but I'm going to disappear again from here for at least the next couple days, sorry.

I really, desperately, want my data back from my VPS that's been down for 52 days, but as I described in another post, though my VPS is now booting again, /dev/vda is extremely munged. I've downloaded and tried to recover an image of /dev/vda but even though (with a lot of work) I was able to mount it, none of the relevant data was accessible.

Is there any hope you guys have a good backup of my VPS? I don't want to wait another 50 days to find out my data's been long gone...

EDIT: hehe page 69

I'd need more information to be able to answer you. If the VPS has been down for 52 days and only recently booted back up, it means it could have been part of the <0.6% migration issues. However, most of these were without data. It's possible yours was with data, especially if you do have some data there that's corrupted, but then it's not possible for it to be part of the migration issues I described. That means it's most likely part of the few dozen others I described that were not updated in the database properly (for VM controls) but that would not necessarily indicate any issue with the data.

Do you remember what node you were on previously? Private message me your service's IP address as well if you can.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@gogogo said:

@VirMach said: Tickets/Organization: A lot of work has gone in to organize and segment the tickets where we resolve a problem and then begin mass replying for those issues so we can get back to a normal ticket workflow. A lot of work has gone in with organizing everything else as we prepare to return to normalcy. This also includes cleaning up the office from server parts scattered everywhere so we can try getting in serious new hires to the office.

Hi, @VirMach , everything will get better,I hope you can update at least once a week,By the way, the vps of LAXA031 and LAXA032 are both offline

I caught LAXA031 when it happened and was working on it yesterday but didn't complete it. LAX032 isn't down but it's definitely screwed up in some other way so thanks for reporting that.

Yes, we're definitely at the end of the tunnel now and things are going to get better. Thanks for staying positive. I definitely will try to provide updates where I can and I found some time to make replies today so hopefully I can continue that trend. Once we get the 10~ nodes acting up fixed, I don't expect many more to follow, and that'll free up time for us to resume much faster resolutions times, especially once we're done getting everything else that we originally planned in place.

Thanked by (2)seanho tototo
  • Do you need someone to go to the SJ data center and mess with stuff? I know people in that area who might be available.

• @VirMach said: This is completely out of our hands and we're frustrated as well. I've bumped up the issue for our datacenter partner but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them and/or the module developers. Of course we could just walk away but that's not exactly going to fix anything and would only create more headache for everyone.

software or hardware modules?

• Just wanted to say I'm glad the mess is looking more manageable; great job pulling through!

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@VirMach I know it may be tempting to go balls to the walls like you traditionally do, but I seriously hope you consider taking it easy this Black Friday / Cyber Monday. Get all that behind the scenes work done, stabilize all the post-migration stuff, and finally get some rest because you deserve it man.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:
    @VirMach I know it may be tempting to go balls to the walls like you traditionally do, but I seriously hope you consider taking it easy this Black Friday / Cyber Monday. Get all that behind the scenes work done, stabilize all the post-migration stuff, and finally get some rest because you deserve it man.

I read it as

“Balls stuck to the walls”

and thought hmm that is a pretty subtle way of putting it.

• @Mason said:

No problem because Virtbot should get the job done :-)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • Wow black Friday is coming.

Thanked by (1)dedicados
  • @cybertech said:

@add_iT said:
    Ryzen migrate is not working

I am trying to migrate from tokyo to frankfurt

Anyone have same migrate issue?

yeah doesnt work, i think it maybe wont if the current vps is offline.

Is there any different when using migrate button with $3 fee ??

Because i want to try that

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@add_iT said:

@cybertech said:

@add_iT said:

nope, i already have one paid in queue since some time ago.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited August 2022

windows server 2022 template working now, dont bother searching here is shrunk hdd solution

C:\> diskpart
    C:\> select disk 0
    C:\> select volume 2
    C:\> extend filesystem

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @VirMach how to ask for a refund or credits for a pending service?

• @cybertech said:

@add_iT said:

@cybertech said:

@add_iT said:

So Virmach payment for move or a ticket are like travel journeys.
    Pay up front, the wait for the travel date, which is undefined.

Once this is understood, a lot of anxiety may go away.

@vyas said:

@cybertech said:

@add_iT said:

@cybertech said:

@add_iT said:

So Virmach payment for move or a ticket are like travel journeys.
    Pay up front, the wait for the travel date, which is undefined.

Once this is understood, a lot of anxiety may go away.

exactly

• No migrate button for Japan location anymore.

• edited August 2022

@Fritz said:
    No migrate button for Japan location anymore.

lucky you
    Everyone want to move from japan instead because it has many disaster (on vps node) there

• @add_iT said:

@Fritz said:
    No migrate button for Japan location anymore.

lucky you
    Everyone want to move from japan instead because it has many disaster (on vps node) there

I have 5 VPS with them and fortunately all of them is working good.

The most stable is LA and Frankfurt location.

Need 1 Japan Location if possible.

• i really would like to see Virmach get their shit together and cut all those bad ends.
    i do not consider buying or renewing anything from them until ship is back sailing as it should.
    mean while i wish them the best and quick recovery.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny pikachu VirMach
    edited August 2022

well i hope new kioxias are going into TYOC040

• edited August 2022

@ehab said:
    i do not consider buying or renewing anything from them until ship is back sailing as it should.

I'm cancelling vps7 1GB $8.87 deal.
    It's still working at the moment but I fear it may go down at any moment.

vps1 1920MB $8.88 deal is too good to be canceled, so I still plan to renew it.
    Maybe I'd take a chance and move it away from San Jose where a button press takes more than a week.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@ehab said:

Or transfer it for 89 Push Ups

Thanked by (2)chimichurri dedicados
  • @vyas said:

@yoursunny said:

Service expires in three weeks.
    Transfer ticket won't be processed in three months.

• @yoursunny said:

@vyas said:

@yoursunny said:

Atleast the interested party will get a good workout

• edited August 2022

@yoursunny i have like all of those which are great and most online

but will still let go, already in cancel end of billing period state.

in life one must let go.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @hzz said:
    VPS has been offline all the time, and no refund is given. No one handles the work order. I feel that buying it is a trap.

its not a trap its just bad luck from their side.

• @hzz said:
    the work order

:s

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • ^ Says it all, really.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @vyas said:

@yoursunny said:

@vyas said:

@yoursunny said:

Atleast the interested party will get a good workout

The interested party will demand a refound, with interest.

@yoursunny said:
    vps1 1920MB $8.88 deal is too good to be canceled, so I still plan to renew it.
    Maybe I'd take a chance and move it away from San Jose where a button press takes more than a week.

I tried the Ryzen Migrate button to New York, Miami, and Tampa.
    None of these options worked.
    I can only hope SJCZ006 doesn't go down, because I don't want to end up in QuadraNet Los Angeles.

• @yoursunny said:
    I tried the Ryzen Migrate button to New York, Miami, and Tampa.
    None of these options worked.
    I can only hope SJCZ006 doesn't go down, because I don't want to end up in QuadraNet Los Angeles.

If it makes you feel better, there's also a chance of ending up in Hivelocity Los Angeles, which has an amazing network. Truly a mystery lucky dip!

This discussion has been closed.