Wishosting now owned by Rigil Web Technologies

Copied from OGF:

Dear Valued Customer,

Today we have some exciting news to share. First of all, as of September 4th, 2022 Wishosting will become a division of RIGIL WEB TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED.

Rest assured, this transition will not impact the reliability of our service. In fact, we have plans for many improvements in the future, however, there will be some immediate changes made to our website as part of the transition process so we listed them below:

Additional currencies - it will be possible to select additional currencies when ordering service. The additional currencies will be CNY and NZD. Your preferred currency will be set after your order and will be used for all recurring invoices automatically. If you wish to change the preferred currency for your account this can be requested via a support ticket. Please note that our pricing will remain fixed in USD so the prices in other currencies will fluctuate based on the exchange rate.
    Payment methods - the existing payment methods will be replaced by PayPal for payments in USD. When paying in CNY or NZD you will be offered to use Stripe instead. We will be adding more payment methods in the future.
    Payments in advance - the ability to make payments in advance by topping up your account will be disabled. You will be able to use your existing account credit. We are working on a solution to overcome this limitation. On the bright side, you will be able to use PayPal subscriptions for your services so that should make recurring payments easier.
    Support working hours are changing to 9:00 - 17:00 NZT Mon-Fri. The average ticket response time during the support working hours should be minimal. The average response time outside of support working hours can be up to 24 hours.
    New Zealand residents will be charged GST on their service price. The preferred currency for New Zealand residents will be set to NZD.
    Scheduled website maintenance

To implement the new features above and to ensure the website is working smoothly we will be taking it offline for maintenance at 12:00 AM GMT, September 4th, 2022. It will remain offline for up to 48 hours. All your services will remain online during this time as well as the control panel. All support requests sent to [email protected] will be handled as well.

Upcoming pricing changes

Due to the recent announcements of our upstream providers about the increase in their pricing in light of the energy crisis, we will adjust pricing for all our packages to reflect this increase. The new pricing will apply to new orders from September 4th, 2022. Existing services will get a pricing update on December 1st, 2022. On average, the increase for existing services will be 10% of the existing price with the minimum amount of increase set to $1.

As usual, we are open to answering your requests via support tickets so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely yours,
Wishosting Team

Looks like the company got sold, but @exception0x876 is still the owner of the new company. Changes to payment processors and a price increase are also coming from the buyout.

As a Wishosting customer I hope that not too much else changes - I am very happy with my VM there and hope the services continue to be just as good as they were prior to the acquisition, and I wish Mr. Exception the best with the new ownership and business changes.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
Tagged:

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2022

@exception0x876

Going Kiwi??

Also at https://www.wishosting.com/admin/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/21/important-updates/2/

@CamoYoshi said:
    Copied from OGF:

Dear Valued Customer,

Today we have some exciting news to share. First of all, as of September 4th, 2022 Wishosting will become a division of RIGIL WEB TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED.

Rest assured, this transition will not impact the reliability of our service. In fact, we have plans for many improvements in the future, however, there will be some immediate changes made to our website as part of the transition process so we listed them below:

Additional currencies - it will be possible to select additional currencies when ordering service. The additional currencies will be CNY and NZD. Your preferred currency will be set after your order and will be used for all recurring invoices automatically. If you wish to change the preferred currency for your account this can be requested via a support ticket. Please note that our pricing will remain fixed in USD so the prices in other currencies will fluctuate based on the exchange rate.
        Payment methods - the existing payment methods will be replaced by PayPal for payments in USD. When paying in CNY or NZD you will be offered to use Stripe instead. We will be adding more payment methods in the future.
        Payments in advance - the ability to make payments in advance by topping up your account will be disabled. You will be able to use your existing account credit. We are working on a solution to overcome this limitation. On the bright side, you will be able to use PayPal subscriptions for your services so that should make recurring payments easier.
        Support working hours are changing to 9:00 - 17:00 NZT Mon-Fri. The average ticket response time during the support working hours should be minimal. The average response time outside of support working hours can be up to 24 hours.
        New Zealand residents will be charged GST on their service price. The preferred currency for New Zealand residents will be set to NZD.
        Scheduled website maintenance

To implement the new features above and to ensure the website is working smoothly we will be taking it offline for maintenance at 12:00 AM GMT, September 4th, 2022. It will remain offline for up to 48 hours. All your services will remain online during this time as well as the control panel. All support requests sent to [email protected] will be handled as well.

Upcoming pricing changes

Due to the recent announcements of our upstream providers about the increase in their pricing in light of the energy crisis, we will adjust pricing for all our packages to reflect this increase. The new pricing will apply to new orders from September 4th, 2022. Existing services will get a pricing update on December 1st, 2022. On average, the increase for existing services will be 10% of the existing price with the minimum amount of increase set to $1.

As usual, we are open to answering your requests via support tickets so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely yours,
    Wishosting Team

Looks like the company got sold, but @exception0x876 is still the owner of the new company. Changes to payment processors and a price increase are also coming from the buyout.

As a Wishosting customer I hope that not too much else changes - I am very happy with my VM there and hope the services continue to be just as good as they were prior to the acquisition, and I wish Mr. Exception the best with the new ownership and business changes.

Thanked by (1)CamoYoshi
  • Well this is his exact posting:

Just to bring some clarity here: wishosting was not sold but became a part of another company. I am a director of it so the reliability and support won't become worse. I did some work recently with writing some automation modules for Blesta so expect some new features in the future. Some part of that work is actually open source - https://github.com/exception0x876/blesta-event-stream

So director, not the owner, let alone sole owner as I believe he was before. So more chances for him to be overruled or whatever. Regardless, I must say it does make me kind of sad because I've had terrible luck with every single merger / buyout / whatever they've called it that I've had a vps with before.

I'm hoping this will be the exception as I have used Wishosting with a number of various packages since beginning of 2018 I believe and there are some interesting options through them that I don't usually find from others that have worked out quite well for me.

Thanked by (1)CamoYoshi
  • If the merger goes just as smooth as HostMantis, which was the most recent reported/copied here on LES, than it could be all fine.

• Ohh interesting news

• 47 more posts and 3 more months

Thanked by (1)saibal