Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Cinnamon released!

Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Cinnamon released!
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3928

New features in Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon
https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_ulyana_cinnamon_whatsnew.php

Comments

• Didn't really like the name, but I guess they have to follow their naming scheme. The new taskbar items look better though.

• edited June 2020

I've really gotten to like Mint. For me, things "Just Work" (tm). At this point in my life, that's what I need. I fell in love with Linux over 20 years ago because I had the time to tinker. Nowadays, I need things to be functional the first time, and all the time. Mint provides that to me. I know many other flavors will do that, but I've taken a liking to the simplicity and ease of use.

I'm looking forward to the new release.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

The improvements listed for NVIDIA related stuff is really good, very close (if not the same) level of GPU support/management as PopOS! has.

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@rajprakash said:
    I've really gotten to like Mint. For me, things "Just Work" (tm). At this point in my life, that's what I need. I fell in love with Linux over 20 years ago because I had the time to tinker. Nowadays, I need things to be functional the first time, and all the time. Mint provides that to me. I know many other flavors will do that, but I've taken a liking to the simplicity and ease of use.

Similarly.
    Gave Linux a try for desktop / home use a couple of times - didn't stick. But with Mint - it just works. Very idiot friendly. Almost as good as Windows in terms of user interface. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@rajprakash said:

Similarly.
    Gave Linux a try for desktop / home use a couple of times - didn't stick. But with Mint - it just works. Very idiot friendly. Almost as good as Windows in terms of user interface. :)

How does it handle multiple monitors? Haven’t given desktop Linux a try since Ubuntu first came out but I’m intrigued by Mint.

Abby @ bloom.host | Gaming-Grade Virtual Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers | DDoS protection | Ryzen 3950X Dedicated CPU $2.75/GB

• @BloomVPS said:

@bikegremlin said:

@rajprakash said:

Similarly.

How does it handle multiple monitors? Haven’t given desktop Linux a try since Ubuntu first came out but I’m intrigued by Mint.

Same like Windows

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@BloomVPS said:

@bikegremlin said:

@rajprakash said:

Similarly.

Haven't tried. I use KVM switch so one monitor+keyboard+mouse can be used to control several computers, in different networks, but never used more than one monitor on my computers.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews