VPShared outage

Virmach's VPShared product has been down for nearly 24 hours. So far they've acknowledge the outage but - frustratingly - Virmach has not provided any further details.

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited September 2020

Just change hosts, if it’s with getting annoyed at it is worth a few extra $

RFO’s usually come later.

Thanked by (1)vyas

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• The Chatbot is sad.

VPShared-Bot

At their price range, @SmallWeb would be a good option to try.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • This brand is "dead". You better move to another provider.

Action and Reaction in history

• @AnthonySmith said:

Well, I won't lie, I originally came to look at the offers section...

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@rockinmusicgv said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Well, I won't lie, I originally came to look at the offers section...

Hehe, check out buyshared from @Francisco, @SmallWeb and NexusBytes.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• edited September 2020

Just as a bit of an update, approx 24 hours ago the web server came back online. A welcome change. But the SQL server is still down. Very sad. My experience with VPShared until now wasn't perfect, but generally wasn't something I thought about every day.

I'm trying to get services setup at a cloud provider or use a home server for the back end. I still would want a front-end host I don't need to think about. I've had an idling account at Francisco's BuyShared for a few months for a project that didn't turn out. I might ask him to swap domains if that's something you can do in cPanel... So far my experience with him has been better - though I wish he gave a bit more diskspace! Only complaint if you can even call that a complaint.

• @rockinmusicgv said:
    Just as a bit of an update, approx 24 hours ago the web server came back online. A welcome change. But the SQL server is still down. Very sad. My experience with VPShared until now wasn't perfect, but generally wasn't something I thought about every day.

I'm trying to get services setup at a cloud provider or use a home server for the back end. I still would want a front-end host I don't need to think about. I've had an idling account at Francisco's BuyShared for a few months for a project that didn't turn out. I might ask him to swap domains if that's something you can do in cPanel... So far my experience with him has been better - though I wish he gave a bit more diskspace! Only complaint if you can even call that a complaint.

Hiya,
    Not sure if we can help :) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/166986/no-catchy-title-limited-promo-20-off-singapore-nyc-europe-web-and-reseller-hosting#latest

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@rockinmusicgv said: I've had an idling account at Francisco's BuyShared for a few months for a project that didn't turn out. I might ask him to swap domains if that's something you can do in cPanel

Just ticket and we'll sort you out.

I can totally understand if Virmach just wanted to peace out on shared. Shared accounts for 80% of our ticket volume and we charge "quite a bit more" than them (but still peanuts).

Good luck to the OP and Virmach. I'll help where I can.

Francisco