A month with SmallWeb

edited January 2021 in Reviews

Hi there!
Im here to leave my first review of services, wich at the time isn't good at all, and possible after writing this it could possibly go to worse.

On december 7 I hired a small budged webhosting from them, to have as backup/emergency host (all data would be replicated in case of downtime of my main host ( @Abdullah ).
Payment was delivered the same day, instantly after the purchase, and at the third day of no news, I send a ticket to see whats was happening with no service activation. They answered sorry for the delay and that will be moving to automatic provisioning soon. The service was activated (don't have proof, usually don't take pictures of my services and at the time no email was received).
Today I find myself in the search of reseller, and remembered that SmallWeb has some nice offers (wich probably gonna be idling as the other shared). So I login on the site to put an order, I find myself with no service at all, and again on pending.
Immediately after this I send a ticket demanding an explanaition, their answer was "your service was never active and you didn't claim it again with us after your first ticket a month ago, either way we setup the service with a extension date "
So... not only they don't recognize that the service has been active previously and deactivated for some reason, they also blame you for not having claiming the activation at least twice, and also you have to be grateful because they put "a new expiration date" on the service.

Obviously im not gonna hire the reseller there, and expect to be able to test the service and revert this review, but, at the current time, I wouldn't recommend noone to hire a service there, at least not if you expect to be delivered on time.

PD: At least the ticket response was quickly.
PD2: Sorry for the bad english.

Some pictures:

Tagged:

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider
    edited January 2021

There's not much to say really. Your OP says the service was active and my ticket response says there is no record of activation.

We send an email with your account information when a service is activated. You can view your email history at https://smallweb.net/client/emails/ which will show when your service was activated.

Realistically for a service to be active and then go back into a "Pending" state there are a couple of possibilities:

• Activation occurred within DirectAdmin but was not completed through Blesta.
      In this case, why would the service be removed if there is no API connection?

• Activation occurred and I switched your service back to "Pending" through a manual database adjustment.

I can tell you I have not made any adjustments to the database which would result in this.

Additionally, we've never taken a backup for the specified website which is set to automatically happen for every active account.

Feel free to chime in with your possibilities, but right now I am sticking with the position that there is no record of activation.

The picture you posted says you expected an apology, which is justifiable but you are also making the insinuation that your service was activated and then terminated - I can't apologise for that, because there is no record of it occuring.

I can only apologise for the delay in activation.

P.S - Hope your next month is better than this one.

Thanked by (2)jureve Asim

Thanks, I would have missed this thread otherwise :tongue:

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • Obviously im not gonna hire the reseller there, and expect to be able to test the service and revert this review, but, at the current time, I wouldn't recommend noone to hire a service there, at least not if you expect to be delivered on time.

For the record, I've had absolutely no issues with Michael at @SmallWeb - all support requests and general communication with him has been prompt and thorough, and orders have been delivered on time. Very happy overall with SmallWeb.

• @bdl said:

Obviously im not gonna hire the reseller there, and expect to be able to test the service and revert this review, but, at the current time, I wouldn't recommend noone to hire a service there, at least not if you expect to be delivered on time.

For the record, I've had absolutely no issues with Michael at @SmallWeb - all support requests and general communication with him has been prompt and thorough, and orders have been delivered on time. Very happy overall with SmallWeb.

@kind - FYI you may want to mask your real name from your screenshots

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Ivan , words aren't that kind. seems Michaels replies are professional.

Thanked by (2)Asim Razza

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Hope your 2nd and 3rd months went better my friend :)