Best monitoring with heartbeat and raid info ?

hostartshostarts Hosting Provider

Hello

We've been using Hetrixtools to do basic monitoring for some servers and infra. it even provides some Raid monitor feature.

We're looking to get something better if you have anything to advise ?

We only rely on heartbeat monitors.

Web Hosting - VPS Cloud - EU Dedicated Offers Managed Hosting Made Easy Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, Colocation, VPS, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Comments

• vpsslimvpsslim Hosting Provider

Have you looked into Grafana and custom dashboards together with node explorer?

• hostartshostarts Hosting Provider

@vpsslim said:

Will give that a try, I found Netdata cloud which seems good.

Web Hosting - VPS Cloud - EU Dedicated Offers Managed Hosting Made Easy Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, Colocation, VPS, Shared & Reseller Hosting

• @hostarts said:

@vpsslim said:

What was your experience with it? I installed it this evening on a bunch of VPS and in some cases it caused excessive load (one node was pegged 100% on both cores, load reported 24)

• @tarasis said:

@hostarts said:

@vpsslim said:

What was your experience with it? I installed it this evening on a bunch of VPS and in some cases it caused excessive load (one node was pegged 100% on both cores, load reported 24)

Hmm. Ditto happened with me... It was an idler, except for Netdata agent... and it got 100% utilization and was eventually shutdown by the host. Reinstalling agent kinda fixed for some time.

Thanked by (2)tarasis AuroraZero
  • @localhost said:
    Hmm. Ditto happened with me... It was an idler, except for Netdata agent... and it got 100% utilization and was eventually shutdown by the host. Reinstalling agent kinda fixed for some time.

Right, well thats enough for me to turn that off completely. Thanks!

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero localhost