Luminar AI (AI powered photo editing software) is free today until midnight

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited December 2022 in General

Just saw this on MyDealz: Luminar AI Photo Editing Software (PC/Mac) is currently available for free (email is needed; newsletter box does not have to be ticked; you need to register an account with them with the same email; again newsletter does not need to be ticked).

More info: https://skylum.com/luminar-ai

Skylum (the software company behind it) usually always publishes their "old" software for free 1 year-ish after the new software gets released (so I don't recommend buying it). In the previous years I snagged Luminar 3 and Luminar 4, however, I am quite excited about getting Luminar AI for free since it requires little to no practice to get great results since it is the first version to basically be 100% AI powered (according to Skylum). You can 1-click optimize images easily (tried with a photo from holidays) and adjust things with a couple of clicks. Might be at least worth looking into (even if you prefer PS, Affinity Software; or FOSS).

Lots of AI features included:

Comments

• Did you install it?
    What's the duration of the giveaway license?
    1 year or lifetime?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited December 2022

@adwsislife said:
    Did you install it?
    What's the duration of the giveaway license?
    1 year or lifetime?

This is what it shows in account when logged in on their website:

Could be limited to that version of Luminar AI, which wouldn't be a problem, given that the new Product "Luminar Neo" is already being focused and likely not too much more updates scheduled for Luminar AI.
    But maybe also includes updates.

• edited December 2022

Once you’ve downloaded and installed Luminar AI, simply launch your new software and use the following activation key to activate it:

seems don't need to register an account with them

@hotsnow said:

Once you’ve downloaded and installed Luminar AI, simply launch your new software and use the following activation key to activate it:

Hmm, interesting. The software prompted me to use the same email I used for the key. Well... I just noticed I already had an account for Luminar 3/4, now I have a different one for AI lol.

Thanked by (1)hotsnow
  • @hotsnow said:

You need if you want to reset the 'activation' limit - aka next time you reinstall Windows :D

Thanked by (2)Ympker hotsnow

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited December 2022

I am wondering what I am doing wrong (every time I enter required mail and name)
    I tryed on two different locations, browsers, email addresses - always the same error.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • I can't get the download link to work at all, either paid (I have the activation key) not the trial version. :-\

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited December 2022

https://www.mydealz.de/deals/gratis-vollversion-luminar-ai-bildbearbeitung-mit-kunstlicher-intelligenz-2095631

Google translate:

Update (hints from the comments)

Thanks to Crescendo

Error: Email address is not accepted
    Solution: I also got the error message at first and it was because the first letter of the email address was capitalized. All lowercase and it worked.

Thanks to eScmSP

Here is some information about the email addresses for registration:
    Mail addresses from your own domains do not work, you have to go through well-known providers such as hotmail, outlook, gmail, yahoo mail etc. If you want to open a spam account there, you should use outlook.com/hot…com, you don't need to give a phone number to open the account.

Thanks to tho85 and Infasrex

Problem: Where do I enter the license key?
    Solution: Install, then you have a test version, in the start banner for the test version you could either go to the "Buy" website or click on the "Activate" button, enter your code there and you're done.
    When logging in for the first time after installation, a "Luminar AI is in trial mode" window appears. Here you can enter the key.

Still no luck tho, even with @outlook mail address.

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • edited December 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: not the trial version. :-\

In case you use windows, you can install trial version directly from win app store.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/luminar-ai/9MWXF9HMHZRZ

(I think there's something similar with MAC)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I used classic german @web.de freemail address. So maybe try creating a freemail account over at https://web.de

@Mumbly said:
    I am wondering what I am doing wrong (every time I enter required mail and name)
    I tryed on two different locations, browsers, email addresses - always the same error.

I used German web.de freemail. Maybe try that one :)

@Mumbly said:

@AlwaysSkint said: not the trial version. :-\

In case you use windows, you can install trial version directly from win app store.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/luminar-ai/9MWXF9HMHZRZ

(I think there's something similar with MAC)

My mail included a dl button for Windows to directly download the installer. Then I could click on activate and link an acc to it :)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • I tryed just for test "random" james.brown@web.... (not really my account), but still error :)

edited December 2022

@Mumbly said:
    I tryed just for test "random" james.brown@web.... (not really my account), but still error :)

Did you try with a german ip, then? The campaign url suggests it might be from a german tech magazine (chip). You can use any free vpn)proxy to try.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

Signup form doesn't do anything for me. Sad.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• DecicusDecicus OG
    edited December 2022

Yeah, running into issues as well. Get an error when using my catch-all domain, but it just silently fails in the background with @gmail.com. Looking at the network requests, it says: Not Found (#404): Code not found

Guess I can try with VPN to Germany to see if it helps.

EDIT: VPN to Germany didn't seem to help.

• edited December 2022

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:
    I tryed just for test "random" james.brown@web.... (not really my account), but still error :)

Did you try with a german ip, then? The campaign url suggests it might be from a german tech magazine (chip).

Yes and no actually.
    FastestVPN .de location is recognized as UK (M247 Europe SRL, City: London...) and Virmach DE vps don't have proper german IPs, so after trying both I don't know for sure if it's localization issue.
    I can install VPN or socks proxy to some VPS with proper german IP (webhosting24 or something), but with more than hour of all failed attempts I lost a bit of motivation. May try it again a bit later :)

edited December 2022

@MikeA said:

I had the same problem with fakemails, initially. Web.de + german/austrian ip worked for me.

Should I try entering an email address for anyone? Pm me if so @Mumbly @MikeA @Decicus

Thanked by (3)Mumbly ariq01 Decicus
  • Booting into Windoze.. Aw Shit! (as the meme says).

Thanked by (2)vyas Ympker

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Booting into Windoze.. Aw Shit! (as the meme says).

I read Windows, and glazed over the rest of the posts :-)

Then I saw Mac and my eyes lit up. Then I realized I have installed MX Linux on my MBP Intel. So was disappointed.

Finally I recalled that I have developed a list of over 70 different apps and sites (free and freemium) that do the same thing as this app in some way, shape or form.

Tik.. tok.. midnight hour struck, and I closed the browser window for Luminar.

Heard good things about it, btw

Thanked by (2)Ympker AlwaysSkint
  • edited December 2022

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

I had the same problem with fakemails, initially. Web.de + german/austrian ip worked for me.

Should I try entering an email address for anyone? Pm me if so @Mumbly @MikeA @Decicus

Thank you for your offer, someone other may need/want it more than me.
    I tryed proper german IP (from Webhosting24) and random web.de address, still the same.

@vyas said: Tik.. tok.. midnight hour struck

Not in the Germany. Still a bit more than 4 hours left :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

Thank you for your offer, someone other may need/want it more than me.
    I tryed proper german IP (from Webhosting24) and random web.de address, still the same.

@vyas said: Tik.. tok.. midnight hour struck

Not in the Germany. Still a bit more than 4 hours left :)

I think I also had to disable adblock if anything.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • Thanks for the post @Ympker ..
    That was a joyous experience, not. Took ages to install, then more time to attempt to load than Linux takes to boot up. Culminated in Windoze wanting to send a crash report! Tried a reboot, 'cos it's Windows - same end result. If I had the energy/inclination I'd give it a bash on my TV-attached Mac Mini but life's too short. Oh well, thanks anyway.
    Back to the comfort of strangers Linux Mint. :)

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Thanks for the post @Ympker ..
    That was a joyous experience, not. Took ages to install, then more time to attempt to load than Linux takes to boot up. Culminated in Windoze wanting to send a crash report! Tried a reboot, 'cos it's Windows - same end result. If I had the energy/inclination I'd give it a bash on my TV-attached Mac Mini but life's too short. Oh well, thanks anyway.
    Back to the comfort of strangers Linux Mint. :)

Worked flawlessly for me (win10 pro).

• Was same OS - maybe cos I ONLY have 6GB RAM. :scream: Maybe wrong .net something, maybe something else..

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Was same OS - maybe cos I ONLY have 6GB RAM. :scream: Maybe wrong .net something, maybe something else..

Your patscience** must have a very high threshold!

I do know folks who run windows with a Core i3 5th or 6th gen and 2 GB RAM.
    Sages, those folk

**An infamous perfume seller who used sisters as brand ambassadors used to spell in the above manner in the green forums.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Ympker
  • I have the Mac version and I can confirm it is very sensitive to available RAM. It crashes constantly if I have a lot of other stuff running. Works flawlessly if I only have Luminar running.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited December 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Was same OS - maybe cos I ONLY have 6GB RAM. :scream: Maybe wrong .net something, maybe something else..

Might be it. I remember ppl saying Luminar 3/4 was already hogging resources. While my PC is definitely not high-end but rather mid-range (upper low-end), I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM and an M2 SSD (I also play games, so..; for work something with lower specs would be sufficent).

Fwiw, according to website: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/technical-requirements

So, no wonder it was lagging with 6GB RAM.

Affinity Designer also needs

• @Ympker said:
    Should I try entering an email address for anyone? Pm me if so @Decicus

Thanks for the offer, will PM you.

@Ympker said:

I think I also had to disable adblock if anything.

Did actually try this too (well, I tried in incognito that has no extensions enabled at all).

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Broken - gets stuck on "please wait..." after entering my email and name.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

@bikegremlin said:
    Broken - gets stuck on "please wait..." after entering my email and name.

Yup, same here now. Gf also tried to register with her web.de mail, same issue. Maybe they have blocked it now. Stuck on "please wait.."

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin