can you suggest a vpn from stacksocial

https://stacksocial.com/search?utf8=✓&query=vpn
I just want to pick up one from them. can you give a suggestion on the listed ones?

Thanks

Comments

• Thanked by (1)frakass

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited January 2023

only windscribe is familiar for me, and been reliable so far

--

5yr plan, would you really trust it?, also the lifetime plan

edit, formatting

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• I recognize NordVPN, Windscribe, PIA, who all have been around for a while. I personally use Mullvad and it's been very good for me.

Thanked by (1)frakass
  • Mullvad, windscribe , adguard seems good too.
    lifetime vpn like vpnsecure was a scam

Thanked by (1)frakass
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

Fastestvpn is working fine for me using since a year

Thanked by (2)Ympker frakass

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

Can't go wrong with Keepsolid/VPN Unlimited Lifetime Plan on Stacksocial. If you want to unblock lots of Flix regions try Ivacy lifetime plan. Comes with with 5(+) Flix regions, recently added Wireguard and has improved a lot over the years. Keep in mind Ivacy asks you to contact them after 5 years to "renew" your lifetime acc free of charge.
    FastestVPN lifetime would be the budget pick, however comes with decent speeds and performance overall.

Using VPN Unlimited Lifetime (Keepsolid) since 2016 (iirc) without issues. Ivacy lifetime since 2017 without issues. FastestVPN lifetime for a couple of years without issues.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly frakass
  • @Ympker said:
    Can't go wrong with Keepsolid/VPN Unlimited Lifetime Plan on Stacksocial. If you want to unblock lots of Flix regions try Ivacy lifetime plan. Comes with with 5(+) Flix regions, recently added Wireguard and has improved a lot over the years. Keep in mind Ivacy asks you to contact them after 5 years to "renew" your lifetime acc free of charge.
    FastestVPN lifetime would be the budget pick, however comes with decent speeds and performance overall.

Using VPN Unlimited Lifetime (Keepsolid) since 2016 (iirc) without issues. Ivacy lifetime since 2017 without issues. FastestVPN lifetime for a couple of years without issues.

Have to spend a big amount to get keepsolid lifetime vpn. All special/cheap combos plans are expired now :(

• Ivacy used to give you a dedicated IP when you had their Firewall service for port forwarding, now you get a private 10.0.0.0/8 address, I have no tried to see if the port forwarding is working again, I will give it a try after and update with it.

but overall I have a great service with Ivacy, but I love my Lifetime WindScribe much better :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited January 2023

@adwsislife said:

@Ympker said:

Have to spend a big amount to get keepsolid lifetime vpn. All special/cheap combos plans are expired now :(

Yup, Keepsolid has upped prices. That's why I (not always to the advantage of my wallet) buy interesting VPNs asap and possibly (if it comes to that) regret later. So far no regrets with lifetime VPNs, though. Happy I jumped on Windscirbe lifetime while it was still available. Used Keepsolid for about 7ish years now. Paid 39$. That's about 6$/year. Haven't looked back.

@dgc1980 said:
    Ivacy used to give you a dedicated IP when you had their Firewall service for port forwarding, now you get a private 10.0.0.0/8 address, I have no tried to see if the port forwarding is working again, I will give it a try after and update with it.

but overall I have a great service with Ivacy, but I love my Lifetime WindScribe much better :)

Both are good options. Happy to have them both :)

Thanked by (1)dgc1980
  • about month ago have belkavpn, pros for me = they have wireguard config and have indonesia server.
    cons = they don't have native windows application, so connect with openvpn/wireguard client. don't have androidTV apps too.

Thanked by (2)frakass Ympker
  • does fastestVPN has a stable connection for asia users?
    And, do you know strongvpn? how about it? thanks.

• edited January 2023

@abangnoob said:
    about month ago have belkavpn, pros for me = they have wireguard config and have indonesia server.
    cons = they don't have native windows application, so connect with openvpn/wireguard client. don't have androidTV apps too.

Same here.
    I do not use fastestvpn native apps. I use their configs with openvpn client.
    I always like VPNs which have wireguard config generator. This is the main reason why I recently bought keepsolid vpn. But keepsolid wireguard config expires in 1-2 days. I have to re-generate wireguard config quite frequently. No idea why this is happening. May be keys expire? or something else?

How is your experience with belkavpn? Worth to buy lifetime? (IDC about vpn's native apps)
    (interested to know because they have wireguard config generator. Very useful for using in vps and docker containers)

@adwsislife said:

@abangnoob said:
    about month ago have belkavpn, pros for me = they have wireguard config and have indonesia server.

Same here.
    I always like VPNs which have wireguard config generator. This is the main reason why I recently bought keepsolid vpn. But keepsolid wireguard config expires in 1-2 days. I have to re-generate wireguard config quite frequently. No idea why this is happening. May be keys expire? or something else?

How is your experience with belkavpn? Worth to buy lifetime? (IDC about vpn's native apps)
    (interested to know because they have wireguard config generator. Very useful for using in vps and docker containers)

Have you asked Keepsolid support about this? They are usually quick to reply. I could imagine there is some sort of reason why ovpn configs won't expire and Wireguard will. Anyway, I use Keepsolid client because it's really good imho and supports Linux gui. With their client wg is no problem, of course.

• updated: I finally choose strong vpn just b/c they have fast nodes (JP, HK, SG) to Asia, and the bandwidth are not congested from my testing.

• And, i would like to update that I am also keepsolid lifetime subscriber, but their bandwidth is congested to me, that means, even a ping to google is not stable, varies from 100ms to 10000ms.

• Keepsolid, ivacy, fastest vpn in that order.

• @frakass said:
    updated: I finally choose strong vpn just b/c they have fast nodes (JP, HK, SG) to Asia, and the bandwidth are not congested from my testing.

I am unable to find strongvpn in stacksocial. Can you please share the link?

• @Ympker said:

@adwsislife said:

@abangnoob said:

Same here.

Have you asked Keepsolid support about this? They are usually quick to reply. I could imagine there is some sort of reason why ovpn configs won't expire and Wireguard will. Anyway, I use Keepsolid client because it's really good imho and supports Linux gui. With their client wg is no problem, of course.

I am not a pro. But afaik wireguard works with some sort of keys. private and public keys. and it seems like keys have low lifespan.
    Whereas in openvpn, no such thing. That's why they do not expire I guess?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @adwsislife said:

@frakass said:
    updated: I finally choose strong vpn just b/c they have fast nodes (JP, HK, SG) to Asia, and the bandwidth are not congested from my testing.

please contact their sales (support at strongvpn.com) they will give you a link for $28/y.
    that works for me, I don't know if it will be OK for you though.

• @frakass said:

@adwsislife said:

@frakass said:

please contact their sales (support at strongvpn.com) they will give you a link for $28/y.
    that works for me, I don't know if it will be OK for you though.

Ahh....
    Because of the tittle of the thread, I thought you bought it from stacksocial.
    My bad :(

@adwsislife said:

@Ympker said:

@adwsislife said:

@abangnoob said:

Same here.

I am not a pro. But afaik wireguard works with some sort of keys. private and public keys. and it seems like keys have low lifespan.
    Whereas in openvpn, no such thing. That's why they do not expire I guess?

Ah yeah, could be. I remember Windscribe also sometimes telling me "Key limit is reached. Should we delete oldest key?" when using Wireguard through their client.

• Ahh....

never mind. stacksocial does have great deals with low end pricing. but i am not sure those lifetime providers behave how good on delivery to Asia. maybe strong vpn has no many users, their speed is right for me now.
    I can accept a VPN for $50/y with the suitable connection speed.

@frakass said:

Ahh....

never mind. stacksocial does have great deals with low end pricing. but i am not sure those lifetime providers behave how good on delivery to Asia. maybe strong vpn has no many users, their speed is right for me now.
    I can accept a VPN for $50/y with the suitable connection speed.

While, of course, a relatively new/small vpn with little users and little congestion might yield better speeds for Asia, I wouldn't say lifetime VPNs like Windscribe, Keepsolid or Ivacy/Fastest are necessarily bad. It probably really comes down to the individual case. All of these lifetime VPNs I have mentioned have improved a lot over the years, all of them support Wireguard. Some might have multiple servers in Asia, so while a small VPN provider might have little congestion, bigger providers could just offer more servers. Best is probably to give various providers a try and even then, everything can change next day. Server can be removed/replaced with better/worse one, more users can appear, new servers can be added..

• @adwsislife said:

Same here.

too me is worth to buy belkavpn lifetime, i only use asian server like: Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia, i like their speed and network, but i don't know about another server.

belkavpn wireguard config don't have expired date, so when you download config file once, you can use it without download again. but, not all server have wireguard config.

you can reach them on discord when you have a question about their services: https://discord.gg/tUKdquYPwF

• edited January 2023

Belkavpn sucks. Dont buy it. Its much better to stick with fastest/keepsolid/ivacy. Even bullet is good.

Edit: Belka doesnt even have their own apps. They just provide vpn config files. Their support is pretty slow to respond when I had queries about smartdns. I ended up refunding my sub through stacksocial

Thanked by (2)Ympker adwsislife