Looking for a decent VPS service

edited March 2023 in Requests

Hi everyone

I am finding it really hard to find a decent VPS service with my budget and I would like some suggestions of VPS services to use.

My requirements are, at minimum:

• Custom ISO installation
  • 1.3 gigahertz CPU
  • 1 gigabyte of RAM
  • 5 gigabytes of storage
  • Public, static, European IPv4 address with 3 megabits per second bandwidth and unlimited data transfer
  • Non-bull-shit people who will typically respond to e-mail within 16 hours

My budget is $4.25 AUD per month.

Thanks

Comments

• server-factory.com @mxmla

Thanked by (2)mxmla VPS_Hunter

Currently Using Hetzner , OVH , Buyvm , Webhorizon , Hyonix , ConnectIndo

• Buyvm.net @Francisco

• edited March 2023

'server-factory.com' are not decent as the IP addresses they provide are defective because they block ports.

'buyvm.net' does not offer a service within my budget.

Thanks for your help anyway.

• edited March 2023

BuyVM sounds good. I will choose it if I get desperate and need to increase my budget.

• Do you want to pay four Australian dollars and twenty-five cents monthly, or would paying yearly be acceptable?

There are certain factors in your requirements that are complicating your search. For example, you require "unlimited bandwidth" at three megabits per second (minimum), yet in reality very few companies will offer a three megabit per second port speed. At three megabits per second, you would only push around one terabyte per month. Therefore, it would appear that a requirement of "one terabyte per month" should be acceptable, and you are much more likely to be offered that at a port speed of one gigabit per second versus unlimited at a port speed of three megabits per second.

Similarly, would the ability to boot using netboot.xyz be acceptable, or do you need to upload and mount a custom ISO file?

If you can address these requirements in particular, the chances of meeting your budget will increase.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint skorous FrankZ
  • @VPS_Hunter said:
    'server-factory.com' are not decent as the IP addresses they provide are defective because they block ports.

Blocking ports does not render an IP address defective. Perhaps unsuitable for your use case.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny TanXS nick_
  • @VPS_Hunter said:

Wat ??? IP Defective ? That's new term for me . IIRC they only block port 25 to prevent mail spamming which can be removed if asked nicely.

Maybe @Kuroit @MannDude @Abdullah can offer you custom package.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

• edited March 2023

tetech

Paying yearly would not be good for me because my experience is that once a VPS provider has passed the 120 day charge-back period, they stop caring, so I would want to pay quarterly so that a VPS provider who has a nature to screw people over will be less likely to screw me over.

My requirement relating to bandwidth doesn't complicate my search because the requirement is a minimum, not an exact. What this means is, as long as the bandwidth is 3 megabits per second then a higher value is acceptable. :)

Are you saying, using an ISO from a VPS providers existing collection? If so, then I need to upload a custom ISO because my experience of using 'netboot.xyz' is that 'netboot.xyz' is a broken 'netboot.xyz', if I am understanding you correctly. :)

Blocking ports does render an IP address defective because an IP address with blocked ports can no longer do what it was designed to do.

• All the best with your search.

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
    edited March 2023

@webz said:

@VPS_Hunter said:

Wat ??? IP Defective ? That's new term for me . IIRC they only block port 25 to prevent mail spamming which can be removed if asked nicely.

Maybe @Kuroit @MannDude @Abdullah can offer you custom package.

Thanks for recommending us, much appreciated.

What OP is asking for is about $2.82/USD which isn't really worth it. After Stripe or PayPal take their cut of the transaction it doesn't leave much for the provider.

OP, if you're willing to pay annually you may find someone willing to accommodate the request.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• edited March 2023

BuyVM are out of stock on services near my budget.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

have you considered why it is this hard?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Yes, there are a lot of idiots in the world.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited March 2023

Exactly! case in point 3mbit/s

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @ehab for a comment about pants.

• @tetech said:
    @ehab for a comment about pants.

Thanked by (1)tetech
  • mxmlamxmla Hosting Provider

@webz said:
    server-factory.com @mxmla

Thanks for the tag :)

Only our outgoing Mail Ports are blocked by default, Customers can unblock them by themself via our Client Area.

@VPS_Hunter In case you are interested, I can offer you a free trial of a plan that fits your needs.

Kind regards,

Max

Thanked by (2)webz ehab
  • Hi Max

Am I required to enter into another agreement to unblock them?

Thanked by (1)mxmla
  • mxmlamxmla Hosting Provider

Hi!

No, you just need to delete a single Firewall Rule via our Client Area :)

• edited March 2023

@mxmla said:

we need Easter Eggs offers.

• Max, that sounds great. It annoys me when an organisation spring road-block agreements on me after I have just entered into a contract.

Thanks for the free trial, but I'll just sign up tomorrow. You sound like someone who is straight forward to deal with.

I was actually impressed yesterday with your minimalist no-bull-shit layout website which just gets straight to the point.

I suggest you update your terms of use and let people know the port block can be turned off. You're shooting yourself in the foot. I think I read somewhere you said you suck at marketing? lol that's okay. :)

Cheers

• I signed up to 'server-factory.com'. The service is great. I am very happy.

Thanks webz. I spent 3 days looking for a good VPS service. You solved a big problem for me. I owe you a drink.

• @VPS_Hunter said:
    I signed up to 'server-factory.com'. The service is great. I am very happy.

Thanks webz. I spent 3 days looking for a good VPS service. You solved a big problem for me. I owe you a drink.

Glad to hear you liked the provider .

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

@ehab what it s name of the movie? From the gif

Regards,
    Calin

• edited March 2023

@Calin said:
    @ehab what it s name of the movie? From the gif

Regards,
    Calin

I'm pretty sure that's Curb Your Enthusiasm TV show starring Larry David (Seinfeld creator).

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • shallow said: I'm pretty sure that's Curb Your Enthusiasm TV show starring Larry David (Seinfeld creator).

yep.

• @VPS_Hunter said:
    Hi everyone

I am finding it really hard to find a decent VPS service with my budget and I would like some suggestions of VPS services to use.

My requirements are, at minimum:

• Custom ISO installation
    • 1.3 gigahertz CPU
    • 1 gigabyte of RAM
    • 5 gigabytes of storage
    • Public, static, European IPv4 address with 3 megabits per second bandwidth and unlimited data transfer
    • Non-bull-shit people who will typically respond to e-mail within 16 hours

My budget is $4.25 AUD per month.

Thanks

If you can live without unlimited bandwidth, I think you should take a look at ByteHosting. All other criteria are met for 2,99.