Warning: NexusBytes Deadpool Imminent, MOVE YOUR DATA

Comments

• @debaser said:

@deank said:
    I hate (Yeah, right) to be a dick, but this is the circle of life within Low end world, ain't it?

You're not wrong. There's three types of providers here.

1. Real low end providers that stay in the low end market, they will usually not last for more than five years.
    2. Providers that started in the low end market, but work their way up and get mainstream (higher prices, but sustainable) and get ousted.
    3. Providers that were never really low end, but just have good value or decent deals (these are usually German).

I feel like there's a 4th option, premium providers that will occasionally stoop down to the LE* space to make one of their finanical quarters look a little better :lol:

• @fluttershy said:

@debaser said:

@deank said:
    I hate (Yeah, right) to be a dick, but this is the circle of life within Low end world, ain't it?

You're not wrong. There's three types of providers here.

1. Real low end providers that stay in the low end market, they will usually not last for more than five years.
    2. Providers that started in the low end market, but work their way up and get mainstream (higher prices, but sustainable) and get ousted.
    3. Providers that were never really low end, but just have good value or decent deals (these are usually German).

I feel like there's a 4th option, premium providers that will occasionally stoop down to the LE* space to make one of their finanical quarters look a little better :lol:

That’s more option 3, I’m thinking about PHP Friends for instance.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@rcy026 said:

@MichaelCee said:
    Agreed with @jarland

Could easily throw some refugee offers up but I respect Jay and want to give some time for the situation to be rectified, and if it’s definitely not going to be rectified, then we can talk.

I don't want to sound like a dick here, but I have to ask what you mean by "some time"?
    Jay has been missing for what now, a year? Not a word, no explanation, nothing. Jord stepped up and kept stuff rolling, and big credits to him for that, without him NB would already be deadpooled.

You don’t sound like a dick, it’s reasonable to ask. When Jord took over things were running mostly smoothly in the background from what I can see. When I say rectified I mean things are back online, people are communicated with etc.. even if Jord continues to man the ship I see that as a better win than everything going under. Although it’s not a perfect scenario if Jay isn’t available to handle upper level tasks in the future.

If a provider at this point would offer refugee packages I would not call it stealing customers, I would call it saving abandoned users.

I’d prefer to know they are truly abandoned first. But how long is a very good question…

So is the full list of down servers:

• 1x NYC
    • 2x LAX
    • 1x Miami
    • 1x UK

Like, is that all services? Just web hosting/storage, etc?

• DA web hosting in Miami is up... yet.

To sort of appeal both points of view:

I will offer all of my web and reseller hosting plans for £0.01p for the first month to NexusBytes customers subject to providing an invoice, and if by the next renewal date it is absolutely clear that your service isn’t coming back, or other services go down, or the company goes down altogether, then I will offer a price match, spec match, etc.

However, I don’t offer CloudLinux, LiteSpeed and the location is Germany only. The choice is yours, but if your website is currently down and you need somewhere to quickly get it back online before you find a permanent home then, it’s only 1p.

Manual adjustment required.
    https://my.buildyourhost.com/order/main/packages/website-hosting/?group_id=26

I won’t be offering anything email related as there’s no immediate danger for those clients at the moment.

Thanked by (3)localhost Not_Oles adly
  • edited January 2023

What's very frustrating is I have credits put into SmallWeb and that means this money now goes up in smoke...

Time to go find another shared hosting provider I guess... If folks know of a good option that's a few bucks a year for just a handful of Gigabytes of disk and bandwidth, with email support and can host up to at least two domains that would be great. Otherwise I might consider just going to NearlyFreeSpeech + MXroute...

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @shallow said:
    It's not too late to order your pizzas.

I'm afraid it's too late to order popcorn for the family.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @MichaelCee said:
    So is the full list of down servers:

• 1x NYC
    • 2x LAX
    • 1x Miami
    • 1x UK

Like, is that all services? Just web hosting/storage, etc?

Ryzen in Amsterdam working fine ATM.

• @CamoYoshi said:
    What's very frustrating is I have credits put into SmallWeb and that means this money now goes up in smoke...

Time to go find another shared hosting provider I guess... If folks know of a good option that's a few bucks a year for just a handful of Gigabytes of disk and bandwidth, with email support and can host up to at least two domains that would be great. Otherwise I might consider just going to NearlyFreeSpeech + MXroute...

https://buyshared.net have a rock solid reputation. But I would have said the same about Nexusbytes if you asked me a year ago, so take it for what it is.

• @rcy026 said:

@CamoYoshi said:

https://buyshared.net have a rock solid reputation. But I would have said the same about Nexusbytes if you asked me a year ago, so take it for what it is.

They don't sell things anymore FYI

• SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider
    edited January 2023

As a little help to all current NB and Smallweb Clients the following deal:

I will offer you FREE 1 Year of a Small or Medium Web hosting Package in my Amsterdam Location. Just open a Ticket with a screenshot of the NB Billing area showing you have a web-hosting plan active.

(Usual Fraud Checks/Control does apply, I reserve the right to stop offering this - To new Users at any time.)

Thanked by (3)bdl _MS_ adly

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• @fluttershy said:

@rcy026 said:

@CamoYoshi said:

What? Like in not selling anything ever again?
    I was planning on moving a few resellers from nexbytes to buyshared but it said out of stock. But that is pretty common with buyvm/buyshared so I thought I should just wait it out.

• @rcy026 said:

@fluttershy said:

@rcy026 said:

@CamoYoshi said:

What? Like in not selling anything ever again?
    I was planning on moving a few resellers from nexbytes to buyshared but it said out of stock. But that is pretty common with buyvm/buyshared so I thought I should just wait it out.

BuyShared is retired, Fran is rolling out a new webhosting brand soonishly. Slices come with DA though.

@CamoYoshi said: What's very frustrating is I have credits put into SmallWeb and that means this money now goes up in smoke...

Mr Yoshi, if it Deadpool's I will give you those credits to your PayPal.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@MichaelCee said:

@CamoYoshi said: What's very frustrating is I have credits put into SmallWeb and that means this money now goes up in smoke...

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

Thanked by (1)CamoYoshi
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

Ooff...both my annual Nexus bills recently went through. Around 100 bucks. Think they're in Amsterdam

@rcy026 said: . But I would have said the same about Nexusbytes if you asked me a year ago, so take it for what it is.

If true I reckon that's gonna be my last LES/T class VPS due to the above problem. Just not worth the headache

Thanked by (1)imok
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

@havoc said:
    Ooff...both my annual Nexus bills recently went through. Around 100 bucks. Think they're in Amsterdam

@rcy026 said: . But I would have said the same about Nexusbytes if you asked me a year ago, so take it for what it is.

If true I reckon that's gonna be my last LES/T class VPS due to the above problem. Just not worth the headache

Ouch :/

To be fair, NB has been MIA for over a year now, so that would probably make me at least cancel automatic renewals.
    I get where you are coming from, though. With Hetzner, OVH, Vultr etc you don't have to always check for life-signs. Then again, LES providers have awesome deals and people like @Francisco are running a tight ship. That's a wild guess, but I'd reckon SecureDragon (KuJoe) is running solid to date (although they stopped visiting here).

Thanked by (1)ialexpw
  • @havoc said:

Chargeback?

• @fluttershy said:

@havoc said:

Chargeback?

On what basis?

@Ympker said:
    To be fair, NB has been MIA for over a year now, so that would probably make me at least cancel automatic renewals.

I cancelled them in February last year, just because there was no sign of life whatsoever. It also helped me in making the decision to not go for LE providers going forward. Still have a small storage box at Hoathatch and a cheap VM at Virmach (not companies I don’t see failing, but you’ll never know) and I think aim going to phase those out too. It just too risky.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @fluttershy said:

@havoc said:

Chargeback?

Chargeback will be available after your particular service goes down, and there's no reply from support in one week.
    PayPal would decide in your favor, if the provider never responds to the PayPal case.

Otherwise, Small Claims Court, hire @deank as your legal advisor.

Thanked by (2)shallow Ympker

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @MichaelCee said:

Bless. Will let you know... I took advantage of that double credit deal way back when and have been able to coast on the credits since and it's been great. Upstanding as always sir :)

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

edited January 2023

@CamoYoshi said:

@MichaelCee said:

Bless. Will let you know... I took advantage of that double credit deal way back when and have been able to coast on the credits since and it's been great. Upstanding as always sir :)

In a way, my charmingly handsome good looks got you in to this mess, so it's the least I can do.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint Ympker Erisa
  • @debaser said:

@fluttershy said:

@havoc said:

Chargeback?

On what basis?

When they actually deadpool, they are no longer providing the service they were paid to provide, so a chargeback is fine. I think Amsterdam is the only location that's currently fully OK though, so who knows.

• @debaser said:
    It also helped me in making the decision to not go for LE providers going forward.

I use almost exclusively LE providers to run my infra, a load balanced setup across different providers is still cheaper than running my app with Linode, DigitalOcean, etc. Who do you think you're going to move to? I've seen a lot of people really liking Hetzner cloud.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

@fluttershy said:
    Chargeback?

nah will probably just write it off as lesson learned. One of them was a grandfathered plan that likely wasn't on commercial terms anyway - feels a bit shitty to chargeback that.

@fluttershy said:
    Who do you think you're going to move to?

Homeserver has gigabit & static IP plus I've got a kubernetes cluster on oracle. That should cover anything I can't do via serverless.

@Ympker said: NB has been MIA for over a year now, so that would probably make me at least cancel automatic renewals.

Yeah been meaning to but forgot cause work has been wild.

Thanked by (2)fluttershy Ympker
  • @fluttershy said:

@debaser said:
    It also helped me in making the decision to not go for LE providers going forward.

I use almost exclusively LE providers to run my infra, a load balanced setup across different providers is still cheaper than running my app with Linode, DigitalOcean, etc. Who do you think you're going to move to? I've seen a lot of people really liking Hetzner cloud.

I’ve been using Hetzner since 2004, so Hetzner is always a good contender. Other German providers like PHP-Friends or Netcup are solid too, I’m currently also looking at some local Dutch providers but most of them are too expensive.

Also, BuyVM and Inception Hosting (now that it’s owned by Clouvider) are still on my list. They are somewhere between LE and mainstream.

• How are you... online?

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Thread title updated again since the situation hasn't improved at all and some locations are now only alive thanks to the goodwill from providers in the community who are temporarily restoring services despite overdue bills.

Thanked by (2)shallow AlwaysSkint

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• If you haven't ordered your pizza or Chinese foods by now I don't know what to say.

Thanked by (1)Ympker