Attention: NVMeNetworks Carding Scam | Cancel Compromised CC#'s and PayPal Subscriptions Immediately

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@havoc said:
    I'm just amazed that people are handing over CCs with 1000+ capacity in an industry full of deadpools

Use a prepaid card or paypal or something lol

Legally, I believe you are entitled to your money back in case something like this happens.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:

@havoc said:
    I'm just amazed that people are handing over CCs with 1000+ capacity in an industry full of deadpools

Legally, I believe you are entitled to your money back in case something like this happens.

It really depend upon your banking partner and its regulations . In India if you fucked like this then bank will say that's your fault and nothing can be done just file a case to IT Cybercrime department.

Currently Using Hetzner , OVH , Buyvm , Webhorizon , Hyonix , ConnectIndo

• @Ympker said:

@veren01 said:

@havoc said:

Use Amex and just call them for chargeback every time shit happens. They'll hunt your money down for you

Amex has great service in this regard. Not sure if, e.g. Revolut (which I also use) would show the same commitment.

I think it just depends on the bank as well, my bank uses VISA but turned into absolute bloodhounds when I had to charge something back. Had the money back in like 24 hours after lodging.

• Chargebacks are processed by vendors (Visa/Mastercard) not banks - at least here.
    Sure, you start it at the bank, but then they forward all the info to Visa/Mastercard and they decide shit.

Sure, banks can step in and just handle that on theirs level before going M/V, but most do not.
    When your bank hotline consultant making problems with chargeback just push it - it's still going to be revised by V/M (aka 3rd party and you pushing that poor guy on the phone is not a factor).

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Also, for those saying that people should’ve used paypal, he had disabled it because someone opened a chargeback and he got pissed that he had to pay dispute fees.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@Ympker said:

@veren01 said:

@havoc said:

Use Amex and just call them for chargeback every time shit happens. They'll hunt your money down for you

Amex has great service in this regard. Not sure if, e.g. Revolut (which I also use) would show the same commitment.

It's not just do I get my money back but also limiting blast radius. Revolut card 50 bucks limit vs amex with thousands.

The one is inconvenient noise the other is a cashflow crisis that bleeds into stuff like can I make rent

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Thank god i cancelled my card only a few weeks ago i used to pay for a vps at nvmenetworks but I left nvme after it had too much downtime

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited March 2023

@havoc said:

@Ympker said:

@veren01 said:

@havoc said:

It's not just do I get my money back but also limiting blast radius. Revolut card 50 bucks limit vs amex with thousands.

The one is inconvenient noise the other is a cashflow crisis that bleeds into stuff like can I make rent

One of the reasons why many people still stick to PayPal. While it's not that good for providers, it's really.. let's say consumer friendly.

I tend to use Revolut's disposable virtual cards for (unkown) LE hosts, whenever PayPal isn't an option.

• @Ympker said:

One of the reasons why many people still stick to PayPal. While it's not that good for providers, it's really.. let's say consumer friendly.

I keep reading this but both times I've had problems with providers they've been absolutely useless. I put a pox on them every time they're my only option.

I tend to use Revolut's disposable virtual cards for (unkown) LE hosts, whenever PayPal isn't an option.

Paypal is the reason I'm doing this now ( although with my Mastercard not Revolut ).

• @Ympker said:

If Paypal is not an option, I will not be a customer of that provider

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• HostarisHostaris Hosting Provider

I just want to clarify that I am NOT Blake. I have had a small handful of people in PMs accusing me of fraud. We are not in any way associated with this incident.

• @Hostaris said:
    I just want to clarify that I am NOT Blake. I have had a small handful of people in PMs accusing me of fraud. We are not in any way associated with this incident.

We just can't take your word for it, send me your bank statements and a picture of your wife and I'll verify this for the community!

• @Hostaris said:

You involved yourself with this shitshow. Don't be surprised when people don't believe you. Should have stayed way far away and not even let on you knew the owners.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@skorous said:

@Ympker said:

I keep reading this but both times I've had problems with providers they've been absolutely useless. I put a pox on them every time they're my only option.

Paypal is the reason I'm doing this now ( although with my Mastercard not Revolut ).

I usually phone them when there's an issue. PayPal's phone support in Germany is usually very understanding and supportive.

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@Ympker said:

@skorous said:

@Ympker said:

I usually phone them when there's an issue. PayPal's phone support in Germany is usually very understanding and supportive.

Do you recon I could file a dispute with Paypal against a family & friends payment (made a mistake with something else). If not then I'll probably go through my CC

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@skorupion said:

@Ympker said:

@skorous said:

@Ympker said:

Do you recon I could file a dispute with Paypal against a family & friends payment (made a mistake with something else). If not then I'll probably go through my CC

PP explicitly tells you that F&F payments do not come with buyer protection, thus can't be disputed. Could go the CC route, but you'll probably end up getting your PP account closed by doing that... since you agreed to the terms after all.

Thanked by (4)yoursunny Ympker FrankZ adly

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

@Mason said:

@skorupion said:

@Ympker said:

@skorous said:

@Ympker said:

PP explicitly tells you that F&F payments do not come with buyer protection, thus can't be disputed. Could go the CC route, but you'll probably end up getting your PP account closed by doing that... since you agreed to the terms after all.

Not like that account is even legal LOL

@skorupion said:

@Mason said:

@skorupion said:

@Ympker said:

@skorous said:

@Ympker said:

Not like that account is even legal LOL

And also @SnusBoks where are my HDDs or do you want a chargeback?

• @Ympker said:

I usually phone them when there's an issue.

I talked to a human on one occasion - he was equally useless. I just closed my account and disputed the transaction with my credit card. They took care of it. I'm sure PP would've been pissed that they had to eat the charge but serves 'em right as far as I'm concerned.

PayPal's phone support in Germany is usually very understanding and supportive.

German consumer protection laws must have teeth. ;-)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

We just can't take your word for it, send me your bank statements and a picture of your wife and I'll verify this for the community!

Will do. I'm not sure if Nationwide has the option to download a statement with immediate effect, they're generated monthly - but I can send screenshots of everything. I haven't got a wife lol.

@AuroraZero said:

@Hostaris said:

You involved yourself with this shitshow. Don't be surprised when people don't believe you. Should have stayed way far away and not even let on you knew the owners.

I know... It was a rookie mistake and I've learned from it. I'm not surprised people don't believe me - they have the right to their own opinion. But I can prove I had no involvement whatsoever in this. I haven't even spoken to him since around the 22nd Feb.

• @Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

Will do. I'm not sure if Nationwide has the option to download a statement with immediate effect, they're generated monthly - but I can send screenshots of everything. I haven't got a wife lol.

No wife...... hmmmmmm that's what someone hiding their wife would say!

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

Whether you're being sarcastic or not, I want to show I've got nothing to do with it because there are people that think otherwise.

• @Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

Whether you're being sarcastic or not, I want to show I've got nothing to do with it because there are people that think otherwise.

I'm messing around, I gathered from the conversation you were nothing to do with it lol

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

I'm messing around, I gathered from the conversation you were nothing to do with it lol

Other people aren't though...

• @Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

@chris said:

@Hostaris said:

Don't worry about weirdos on the Internet, including myself! Apologies if the wife verification part wasn't clear I was joking 🤣

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Marx
  • @Hostaris said:

Might be language barrier

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• Interesting. That would also explain why he wanted to get ID from customers to "verify" them on his shithosting.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2023

@webz said:

@Advin said:

@havoc said:

It really depend upon your banking partner and its regulations . In India if you fucked like this then bank will say that's your fault and nothing can be done just file a case to IT Cybercrime department.

Do not generalize. There is a INR 50 K “not your fault” kind of cap on my card. Small change but that’s nearly 600 US dollars at current rate.

There is a sub limit, that is, per transaction is 18 or 20 K, and once ler financial year. They may lower the cap if they have already paid you once.

Depends on the credit card, and bank. Get cybersecurity insurance they will cover upto INR 700,000 for 10 K/yr.

Debit card /UPI - good luck

Thanked by (1)BingoBongo

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @carlin0 said:

@Ympker said:

If Paypal is not an option, I will not be a customer of that provider

Same. Not accepting PayPal is a red flag. There may be a few rare exceptions but generally speaking I use this to guide me.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ carlin0

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• I have already received a refund for the fraudulent swiping

This discussion has been closed.