[Confirmed] Stromonic Clients In The Process Of Being Transferred To Leapswitch

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

chargeback!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Thanked by (2)kheng86 ehab
  • @gomi said:
    Yes, I received an email like this, and if I don't verify, I won't be able to take any further actions, or even get a refund. So, I had to naïvely upload my personal information as requested. Is there any risk involved? Could you give me some advice?

Yes… some advice
    Do you ask your partner if they have protection before or after intercourse ?

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@lapua said:
    are other suppliers from india also affected?
    @visualwebtechno and @Abdullah statement please.

Our company is registered both in India and the UK. Global services are provided by the UK entity WebHorizon IT Broadband Limited. This also means all customer data storage and processing is done by the UK entity.

Regarding Indian clients, we do conduct basic validation on names and IP addresses provided by our Indian clients but do not require any additional documentation or information beyond what you provide us. we are not a corporate and have not received any notice from the government to conduct mandatory checks.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited March 2023

I expect that this thread has run it's course as the provider is not responding. /thread
    The last few off topic comments have been moved to the Cest Pit for further discussion.

EDIT: reopened thread 3/27 due to new developments.

Thanked by (1)vyas

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited March 2023

i even finish the KYC verification! i open a ticket but no reply.It ruined my impression of VPS providers, and from now on, I may not go through identity verification, and avoid Indian vendors. now i understood that,be a jerk otherwise being jerked by others. On the internet ,DO NOT be kind-hearted!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Google translate sucks these days

• Welcome to Stromonic Rant Forum, also known as LET .. er.. LES. How can we make you day better?

Please also see to enhance your flagellation

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5655/stromonic-client-panel-services-blocked-unless-you-provide-id-its-time-to-take-backups

• Sad trombonic

Thanked by (2)FrankZ MichaelCee
  • @gomi said:
    i even finish the KYC verification! i open a ticket but no reply.It ruined my impression of VPS providers, and from now on, I may not go through identity verification, and avoid Indian vendors. now i understood that,be a jerk otherwise being jerked by others. On the internet ,DO NOT be kind-hearted!

Don't loose your virginity humanity

• @gomi said:

The PMS is high on this one

• So... it's NexusByte'd or just Virmach'd?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @gomi said:

Give me a couple weeks and I shall show you something different.

I will show you all mwahahahaha!

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @lapua said:
    are other suppliers from india also affected?
    @visualwebtechno and @Abdullah statement please.

As long as I used @Abdullah 's services, I haven't been requested for kyc. Maybe because I do not have server(s) in India from him?

• Small update to my situation with stromonic:
    I have received a Email 3 days ago saying my service has been suspended for "overdue on payment" after I opened a case at PayPal.
    However I have not received any money back yet.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@RTB said:
    Small update to my situation with stromonic:
    I have received a Email 3 days ago saying my service has been suspended for "overdue on payment" after I opened a case at PayPal.
    However I have not received any money back yet.

That's normal with any provider, since the money is held with PayPal and not with Stromonic anymore. You've effectively violated their TOS.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ RTB

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• Pretty Sneaky

Dear Client,

We appreciate working with you. How are you liking our product or services?
    Recently, we've worked hard to build a higher-quality product for our customers. We've listened to comments and concerns that our clients have passed along and integrated them into how we do business.

We would like to ask you kindly to please write a review about us in HostAdvice, it does not require any sort of registration and will only take 2 minutes of your time.
    You can submit your review here:

Thanks for being our loyal customer,
    Stromonic

Thanked by (4)FrankZ ehab Ympker adly
  • ind1-stromonic-mumbai is now DOWN
    Target: 103.180..[ping]
    Noticed at: 2023-03-30 20:15:45 (UTC+05:30)

Looks like they started shutting down VPS without KYC? Anyone else's down?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited March 2023

@sh97 said:
    ind1-stromonic-mumbai is now DOWN

Yes from the looks of it, time for a dispute.
    Gateway up, so looks like a suspension to me, however can't verify since I am forbidden from viewing the services package.

Thanked by (3)Ympker FrankZ adly
  • @sh97 said:
    ind1-stromonic-mumbai is now DOWN

Same here. Server went offline, no notice, nothing.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Same here. Have created a ticket to refund the amount.

• Raised a ticket as well for a refund, let's see.
    Unfortunately, I used Indian PG, so no disputes possible :(

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I am down as well. No suspension email. Still no response to my DM.
    Glad I always pay with PayPal. :expressionless:

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

Mine is down too.

Created a support ticket but cannot seem to access the created ticket... So, not even sure if I will get any responses.

When do you plan to raise a dispute?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@localhost said:

@FrankZ said:

Mine is down too.

Created a support ticket but cannot seem to access the created ticket... So, not even sure if I will get any responses.

I still have over a month to do so, so I will wait a while to see what happens. I really do not like to open PayPal disputes, that is just me, although in these kind of cases I think disputes are acceptable.

• @FrankZ said:

@localhost said:

@FrankZ said:

Mine is down too.

I still have over a month to do so, so I will wait a while to see what happens. I really do not like to open PayPal disputes, that is just me, although in these kind of cases I think disputes are acceptable.

180 days. Amex, what I typically use provides this period for protection... I think we purchased the services around the same time in 2022. Maybe I will also give them a couple of weeks.

So far I have never opened a dispute with any provider. It's a shame how things have turned out here.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@localhost said: It's a shame how things have turned out here.

It really is. It's not some summer host who has done this. The company has been operating since 2017, and has been on LES for more than two years. The issue as I see it is when reading the rule that they are quoting it does not say that KYC rules apply for DC, dedi, and cloud hosting providers. They have just used a bastardized interpretation of that rule (not even a law) to breach contracts and then go dark on communicating with their clients. @gomi even gave them the KYC info they requested and they still shut him down. I think it is foolish to push people into disputes instead of coming to some sort of resolution directly because of all the extra fees that they will be charged by the payment processing companies.

I don't really get upset about these kind of things and have always understood that if you swim in these waters once in a while you might get bit by sharks. To keep it in perspective I have given more in tips to the old folks who bag my groceries this month than I paid for 2 years of VPS from Stromonic. That is one of the reasons I am in no rush to dispute.

Good luck to you, and the rest of the LES Stromonic clients, as you negotiate your way through this issue.

• Still no reply on my email or Ticket, filled a dispute, gg.

• I'm wondering what's up with some Indian Provider lately .

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Fritz said:
    I'm wondering what's up with some Indian Provider lately .

Do you know why there are never any issues with Mexican low end providers ?
    There are none.

You know why sometimes there are issues with Indian low end providers ?
    There are a lot of them.

(said with humor not malice) :)