Self-introduction, Migadu.com / Gmailify.com founder

2»

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Hello and welcome. :)

Thanked by (1)dejan

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Welcome to the party

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • edited March 2023

@dejan said:
    Gmailify.com provides an own SMTP relay with dedicated ranges which can be accessed only by Gmail. It is inaccessible for standalone email clients; the whole service is built around Gmail.

Hello
    Gmailify seems interesting to me (with out going through all the hassle to use gmail with my domain)
    I do not use gmail app because if you try to login that gmail in a browser, they will ask to verify a code in phone. Protection wise its good, But too much hassle for a non-work/play account.
    To avoid the above mentioned hassle, I use a 3rd part email client/app (Aqua Mail).
    If I buy a plan from gmailify.com, can I use it with 3rd party email client/app?

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • hey and welcome

what is your stance on Free Speech as E-Mail provider?
    Would you drop a client because the domain contains some controversial content(despite you not having anything to do with it)?
    Talking about situations where certain group may be upset over something they don't like(but is legal) and start to threaten the hosting provider. Also of course, journos...

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • dejandejan Services Provider

@adwsislife said:

@dejan said:
    Gmailify.com provides an own SMTP relay with dedicated ranges which can be accessed only by Gmail. It is inaccessible for standalone email clients; the whole service is built around Gmail.

Hello
    Gmailify seems interesting to me (with out going through all the hassle to use gmail with my domain)
    I do not use gmail app because if you try to login that gmail in a browser, they will ask to verify a code in phone. Protection wise its good, But too much hassle for a non-work/play account.
    To avoid the above mentioned hassle, I use a 3rd part email client/app (Aqua Mail).
    If I buy a plan from gmailify.com, can I use it with 3rd party email client/app?

Unfortunately not, the POP3 and SMTP accesses are sandboxed to Gmail. However, you can use Migadu for that, as the plans are flat.

edited March 2023

@treesmokah said:
    hey and welcome

what is your stance on Free Speech as E-Mail provider?
    Would you drop a client because the domain contains some controversial content(despite you not having anything to do with it)?
    Talking about situations where certain group may be upset over something they don't like(but is legal) and start to threaten the hosting provider. Also of course, journos...

As long as the email service is not used for illegal activities (spam, phishing, extortion, harassment - coming through a complaint), your business is your business.

Thanked by (2)treesmokah bikegremlin
  • @dejan said:

@adwsislife said:

@dejan said:

Hello

Unfortunately not, the POP3 and SMTP accesses are sandboxed to Gmail. However, you can use Migadu for that, as the plans are flat.

Very sad lyf :(

@adwsislife said:

I am sorry, I misunderstood your question. Of course you can. You are not accessing Gmailify but rather Gmail, and you can use Gmail on other devices and email clients using IMAP/SMTP. I use Thunderbird for instance on the desktop. Your mails for your custom domain arrive in Gmail and if you configure it right in own label too, which on other clients shows as folder.

• @dejan said:

@adwsislife said:

I am sorry, I misunderstood your question. Of course you can. You are not accessing Gmailify but rather Gmail, and you can use Gmail on other devices and email clients using IMAP/SMTP. I use Thunderbird for instance on the desktop. Your mails for your custom domain arrive in Gmail and if you configure it right in own label too, which on other clients shows as folder.

Awesome. Will buy plan soon :)

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • I just want say, thanks for awesome service for long time. I use your service since free plan and upgrade to paid one and still using until now as business email.

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

Welcome! Hats off to a fellow email nerd ♥️

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• Hi @dejan

Thx for your introduction and those interesting insights.
    I do love your point of view on mails and being this kind of bootstrapped mail-provider.

As it's a few months ago now, is there anything new with Migadu.
    I read Drew De Vault's recommendations concerning mail-providers https://drewdevault.com/2020/06/19/Mail-service-provider-recommendations.html

In 2020 he was talking about a new mail-system coming 'soon' to Migadu (Alps). Is there any update or will Alps never be available within Migadu and it's just an old post which hasn't been updated?

And wow - didn't know, that Migadu is that big as you said... 200.000 domains using Migadu really is a 'lot'!!! Cool.
    Did you made any progress since your last posting - or is it more like a small growing company?

Hope you can give me a few answers.

Thx for your products!
    We need more of those approaches.

• Gmailify, how it works?

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• edited January 4

@dejan

How would you primarily explain the differences between Migadu and the following four email hosting providers?:

1. Zoho
    2. FastMail
    3. Purelymail
    4. IceWarp
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• Great to see migadu here!

VPS providers to check out:

• start the trial at migadu today. solid so far. pure mail. i am looking for a email / calender solution for my family. i am not sure if migadu is the best for it. any suggestions?

• @lapua said: i am not sure if migadu is the best for it. any suggestions?

I heard they will bring an update concerning $DAV implementations soon.

But as with every Swiss provider ‘soon‘ could mean in a few years 🤪 so I wouldn’t count on this.

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • @songguy said:

@lapua said: i am not sure if migadu is the best for it. any suggestions?

But as with every Swiss provider ‘soon‘ could mean in a few years 🤪 so I wouldn’t count on this.

Any statement to https://www.infomaniak.com/de/hosting/service-mail 1,50€/month mail-service?

• @lapua said: Any statement to https://www.infomaniak.com/de/hosting/service-mail 1,50€/month mail-service?

Wow. Never heard of.
    Sounds nice.

But I think we have to go back a bit to the topic at all as it's about Migadu and Gmailify at all.

Anyone here knows something more, why there is simply no update since 2020 concerning Migadu's website?
    I understand that they only post rarely (they say it at their website), but come on... 2020 to 2024 is a long time and maybe we can get any updates.
    Or are they fully focussing on Gmailify.com as a new service at all?
    Which by the way is also kind of confusing, isn't it?!
    With Migadu they say that Google is 'evil' and with Gmailify they do have a service which is based on Google?!

• @lapua said:

@songguy said:

Any statement to https://www.infomaniak.com/de/hosting/service-mail 1,50€/month mail-service?

Zoho has a $1/month plan.

• @Joseph said:

@lapua said:

@songguy said:

Zoho has a $1/month plan.

is zoho reliable? who is behind zoho?