VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited April 2023

@yoursunny said: Now I hope the VM data is lost, so I can read drama threads.

Looks like your wish may be coming true, to some degree.

It's all over the place, might be the motherboard at this point or any other part connected to the motherboard. That's how far I've narrowed it down (that's a joke.) NIC is going haywire, IPMI is giving me continued troubles, all the disks are being whacky so it can't just be a disk failing.

(edit) Okay I finally figured it out, it's two separate issues presenting as a third. And each of those might also be as a result of two separate sub-issues. This is going to be fun, definitely going to just try to get the data off and abandon ship unless a miracle happens but just getting the data off might be the miracle. I don't even know how to explain it without it being extremely convoluted so I'm not updating network status for now.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Okay so issue 1 out of 4(?) resolved. Progress.

edited April 2023

@yoursunny sorry no drama, everything fixed, data intact.

(edit) Oh wait requires a final touch and reboot.

• @VirMach said: .. requires a final touch and reboot.

That's a slow reboot! :p

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @yoursunny said:
    Miami is offline since an hour ago.
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

I don't know which node because my records are stored in Seafile hosted on this node.
    I can't peek into the backup server because the decryption key is stored in Seafile.
    Something's wrong with my backup arrangement.

Update: found an unencrypted backup of my notes.
    It's MIAZ011.
    Priority Ticket #225283

You should make a backup of backup of backup server.

/Jk

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: .. requires a final touch and reboot.

That's a slow reboot! :p

You scared me for a second, I thought it had already crashed again. The reboot was completed, is your service not online? Seems operational.

• ruiknoruikno Retired

Great news! VirNerd reported lots of bad reviews in trustpilot. Yeah! =) =)

• Hey FFME002 has been really stable these past weeks.
    Keep up the good work Vir!

• @VirMach said: The reboot was completed, is your service not online?

I don't have one on that node. You had just gone all quiet, after your flurry of activity ;)

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2023

Thank you @VirMach for the "Refugee" transfer for Stormonic VPS.
    I had a 2 year plan- but you did it anyways.

Logged on to acknowledge what you are doing for the community.
    Thanks and best wishes.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• What's with the Retired tag? Retired CW?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

production

up 72 days, 20:17,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.09, 0.09

Thanked by (1)Encoders

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I've been extremely happy with the CPU, network speed, and uptime of my Virmach NVMe2G:

Not going to say just what node it is on because don't want to jinx it but - it's above the equator :)

Thanked by (2)VirMach Encoders
  • More Tokyo deals please!

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@AlwaysSkint said:
    What's with the Retired tag? Retired CW?

@vyas asked to have his account retired as he wants to scale back and reduce his online time/footprint a bit. He is always welcome to return, should he desire to. Going to miss him dearly and I hope we see him return before long

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• website is weird,i ask me relogin so fast that i even don't have time to reply a ticket...

• @cybertech said:
    production

up 72 days, 20:17,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.09, 0.09
    > 

I moved my dns to virmach. it's been up more than 2 month without issue in TYO. very suspicious, the fuckening is near

Thanked by (1)VirMach

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Encoders said:
    I moved my dns to virmach. it's been up more than 2 month without issue in TYO. very suspicious, the fuckening is near

i want to use TYO too, but yeah very eerily stable.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@taizi said:
    website is weird,i ask me relogin so fast that i even don't have time to reply a ticket...

This is maybe the 2nd report of this, I'm not sure if the other report was from you or another but I do know the other case the person had multiple accounts. So it seems like it's related to multiple accounts, or likely.

@Encoders said: I moved my dns to virmach. it's been up more than 2 month without issue in TYO. very suspicious, the fuckening is near

Yeah it's suspicious for me too. I don't want to get my hopes up and actually I won't say anything to jinx it.

Thanked by (3)Encoders FrankZ ehab
  • @VirMach said: had multiple accounts.

me too, but i don't login at the same time(even not in the same browser), what issue will occur?

also,i also have to do cloudflare captcha again, but because my VPN has autoswitch, still need to confirm it isn't because the ip changed.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@taizi said:

@VirMach said: had multiple accounts.

me too, but i don't login at the same time(even not in the same browser), what issue will occur?

also,i also have to do cloudflare captcha again, but because my VPN has autoswitch, still need to confirm it isn't because the ip changed.

So did you have multiple accounts?

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said: had multiple accounts.

So did you have multiple accounts?

the legacy issue, I created a service transfer request half a year and a half ago, and it finally finished two days ago.
    the last issue is I sent the incorrect amount(binance minus 1 for network fee) in a coinbase invoice two months ago,i will request to delete the account after this ticket finished, since the account is too dangerous to give back to original owner(unknow flags).

• @VirMach I think I'm officially the last person still waiting for their flash sale server.
    $12.95 / year
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    2253 MB RAM
    2 x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    40 GB SSD (NVMe)
    4096 GB BANDWIDTH
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Good bye old friend. :(

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Is TYOC007 offline?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@tulipyun said:
    Is TYOC007 offline?

yes.

EDIT: Additionally, I am seeing eight nodes in NYC and the three in Miami that show issues.
    EDIT2: Down in Atlanta as well

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I see also two nodes in .de and one in .nl atm down.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@Mumbly said:
    I see also two nodes in .de and one in .nl atm down.

This looks like a network issue affecting multiple VirMach locations.
    ~~I can't connect to my VM on DALZ010 , but it is running when I connect via VNC so probably not hardware failure, which is good~~.
    Dallas is working again.

Thanked by (1)Caxen

• Seattle and Chicago flapping as well

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Intermittent connectivity on Los Angeles (LAXA031). Can't ping my machine from different locations and connecting outbound to some servers fail.