Free NAT KVMs! -- Eleven Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• @terrorgen said:
    Alright, I guess why not. I am going to use the free resource to add another node for my DN42 network. Would like it in Tokyo please.

Client No: 2117
    Your ID: 532031931189

#ThanksGTHost

#Thankscrunchbits

#ThanksScaleBlade

#ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

And, in the spirit of the Coronation of the King of 23 countries...

Long Live the Kings of FreeVPS!!

Happy to provision one for you, but as mentioned a few posts above, TYO is donation only access, ie, you need to show proof a recent donation of an equivalent of 1USD (in any currency, any organization) to get one.

• Thanks to this thread I was able to use up my virtual card balance ;)

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • @tototo said:
    Thanks to this thread I was able to use up my virtual card balance ;)

I am confused... You used your vcard balance on "Free NAT KVMs"?

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @somik said:

@tototo said:

He donated his vcc balance to archive.org and earning him a donor spot on freevps.org

Thanked by (1)somik
  • @sh97 said:

@terrorgen said:
    Alright, I guess why not. I am going to use the free resource to add another node for my DN42 network. Would like it in Tokyo please.

#ThanksGTHost

#Thankscrunchbits

#ThanksScaleBlade

#ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Happy to provision one for you, but as mentioned a few posts above, TYO is donation only access, ie, you need to show proof a recent donation of an equivalent of 1USD (in any currency, any organization) to get one.

Hmm. My wife is actually running a nonprofit (https://clta-mn.org) and I am the unofficial business consultant. Does that count?

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• is local charity counted? or only global charity with English website?
    if eligible
    I'm going to use the free VPS for testing woocommerce and learning purpose
    prefered location: tokyo, jp
    Client No: 2119
    Your ID: 350523216317

ThanksGTHost

Thankscrunchbits

ThanksScaleBlade

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Long live the donor's!

proof (equivalent 2 USD)

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @terrorgen said:

@sh97 said:

@terrorgen said:

#ThanksGTHost

#Thankscrunchbits

#ThanksScaleBlade

#ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Hmm. My wife is actually running a nonprofit (https://clta-mn.org) and I am the unofficial business consultant. Does that count?

I have asked the team about this, will get back to you. Ideally we would love a donation receipt.

@selalumenang said:
    is local charity counted? or only global charity with English website?
    if eligible
    I'm going to use the free VPS for testing woocommerce and learning purpose
    prefered location: tokyo, jp
    Client No: 2119
    Your ID: 350523216317

ThanksGTHost

Thankscrunchbits

ThanksScaleBlade

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Long live the donor's!

proof (equivalent 2 USD)

Local or International, Any charity is fine - it is all for a good cause :)

Someone from the team will deploy your VPS soon!

• bdlbdl OG
    edited May 2023

@tototo said:

Franciscous :lol:

• @sh97 said:

@terrorgen said:

@sh97 said:

@terrorgen said:

#ThanksGTHost

#Thankscrunchbits

#ThanksScaleBlade

#ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

I have asked the team about this, will get back to you. Ideally we would love a donation receipt.

No worries actually. Here's one.

• @terrorgen said:

@sh97 said:

@terrorgen said:

@sh97 said:

@terrorgen said:

#ThanksGTHost

#Thankscrunchbits

#ThanksScaleBlade

#ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

No worries actually. Here's one.

Deployed, have fun!

Thanked by (1)terrorgen
  • @sh97 said:
    Deployed, have fun!

The VPS I got is supposed to have 1GB but I only got 674MB. Is that right?

Actually, can I temporarily get 2GB for a couple days? NixOS needs some additional RAMs for installation. Once installation is done I only need 1GB.

• @terrorgen said:
    The VPS I got is supposed to have 1GB but I only got 674MB. Is that right?

Yes, the kernel takes up a chunk of the RAM. This happens with every VPS from every provider.

Actually, can I temporarily get 2GB for a couple days? NixOS needs some additional RAMs for installation. Once installation is done I only need 1GB.

Have you tried just adding a swap file?

Thanked by (2)terrorgen Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@ralf said: Have you tried just adding a swap file?

I need to do this one one of my Oracle Free Tier VMs. :)

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:

@ralf said: Have you tried just adding a swap file?

I need to do this one one of my Oracle Free Tier VMs. :)

If you have the option, use the Arm VMs. They come with 4 cores and 24GB of ram that you can split up or use as 1 big VM.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• Hi @terrorgen
    Tokyo is special case for us, we have very limited resources inside a KVM there, instead of a full blown dedi. Also, the location is more abuse likely which is why we have minimum specs and donotion only access there.
    We only have spot for 15 nodes inside it, so if I bump the RAM it will affect our other calculations and stuff.
    ( See https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/137733/#Comment_137733 )

I know you are great guy ( @Not_Oles has vouched for you ) and actively contribute to the forum, so I will consult with the team once more if we can do anything.

If location is not important to you, I can redeploy on any other location with significantly higher specs - 2 cores, 2GB RAM, 40GB space and 500GB@200Mbps

Let me know!

• thank you, the VPS is awesome but the recurring price is not affordable for me. I wonder if this is bug

• @selalumenang said:
    thank you, the VPS is awesome but the recurring price is not affordable for me. I wonder if this is bug

Nah, that is intended.
    Check your credits, there should be some amount available there which can be used for renewals :)

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Hosting Provider

Hey @FrankZ

Can you help me edit the OP to include WebHorizon stuff in?(#ThanksWebHorizon)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @sh97 said:
    Hi @terrorgen
    Tokyo is special case for us, we have very limited resources inside a KVM there, instead of a full blown dedi. Also, the location is more abuse likely which is why we have minimum specs and donotion only access there.
    We only have spot for 15 nodes inside it, so if I bump the RAM it will affect our other calculations and stuff.
    ( See https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/137733/#Comment_137733 )

I know you are great guy ( @Not_Oles has vouched for you ) and actively contribute to the forum, so I will consult with the team once more if we can do anything.

If location is not important to you, I can redeploy on any other location with significantly higher specs - 2 cores, 2GB RAM, 40GB space and 500GB@200Mbps

Let me know!

Hey! Thanks @Not_Oles for vouching for me!
    I think I can make do with the resources I have currently. Thank you for considering my request! I didn't know this freeVPS is actually inside another KVM!

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles sh97

• Client No: 2122
    Your ID: 110092168385

ThanksGTHost
    Thankscrunchbits
    ThanksScaleBlade
    ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Can I request uk location please.

I would like to use it as beacon close to home for personal iot project.

Thank you.

• @mee2 said:
    Client No: 2122
    Your ID: 110092168385

ThanksGTHost
    Thankscrunchbits
    ThanksScaleBlade
    ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

Can I request uk location please.

I would like to use it as beacon close to home for personal iot project.

Thank you.

Done, enjoy.

Thanked by (1)mee2
  • edited May 2023

I saw this a while back, but I have been slammed with the meat world lately. This is good stuff. This made me smile: "RAID0 YOLO mode"

Client No: 2124
    Your ID: 102920694883

Would love 2048MB RAM, 2vCPU, 40GB, 200Gbps, Chicago, USA
    I love tinkering and learning about different distros, Linux capabilities, and networking. Currently learning about PXE servers/images, squid proxies, and reverse proxies.

Big thank you for supporting nonprofits! Must be a good project if Not_Oles supports it!

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Donors are gods. Praise be to the gods!

screen-2023-05-11-17-20-04.jpg
    screen-2023-05-11-16-44-45.jpg

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @hornet said:
    I saw this a while back, but I have been slammed with the meat world lately. This is good stuff. This made me smile: "RAID0 YOLO mode"

Client No: 2124
    Your ID: 102920694883

Would love 2048MB RAM, 2vCPU, 40GB, 200Gbps, Chicago, USA
    I love tinkering and learning about different distros, Linux capabilities, and networking. Currently learning about PXE servers/images, squid proxies, and reverse proxies.

Big thank you for supporting nonprofits! Must be a good project if Not_Oles supports it!

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Donors are gods. Praise be to the gods!

screen-2023-05-11-17-20-04.jpg
    screen-2023-05-11-16-44-45.jpg

All set :)

• @dosai said:

@somik said:

@tototo said:

He donated his vcc balance to archive.org and earning him a donor spot on freevps.org

That is correct! But archive.org says I'll generously add $0.52 to cover fees, and 1.24 - 0.52 = 0.72 < 1, so I don't think it is acceptable as a freevps.org donar.

• @sh97 said: All set

Beauty!
    VPS is sponsored by GTHost! #ThanksGTHost

• @tototo said:

@dosai said:

@somik said:

@tototo said:

That is correct! But archive.org says I'll generously add $0.52 to cover fees, and 1.24 - 0.52 = 0.72 < 1, so I don't think it is acceptable as a freevps.org donar.

If the FreeVPS Kings say he is qualified, he is qualified.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@terrorgen said:

@tototo said:

@dosai said:

@somik said:

@tototo said:

If the FreeVPS Kings say he is qualified, he is qualified.

Hi @terrorgen!

Hope your day is going well, my friend! There are three nice guys who are volunteering at FreeVPS.org. They could use additional help maintaining the threads here at LES and at LET. If you wanted to join the staff, I'm sure the guys would love to talk with you about it. Thanks for considering!

Best wishes!

Tom

• What's the expectation?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@terrorgen said:
    What's the expectation?

Thanks for asking! Watch the FreeVPS.org threads here at LES and on LET. Consider, investigate, evaluate, and respond to requests. When needed, discuss requests with the team.

There are additional, alternative ways to contribute. If you wanted, you probably could help with the server administration and the websites. Longer term plans might include trying for 501(c)(3) status.

Since I started it, FreeVPS has grown from one to five providers. There are four POPs in the US, one in London, and one in Tokyo.

FreeVPS.org needs a Project Manager, if that role seems interesting. :)

Thanks again for asking!

Tom