[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said:

EPYC can have way more RAM, weird to do price guideline using RAM amounts but okay I'll see what can be done. Will @yoursunny be solely responsible for our BF pricing AND IPv6 policy?

Really depends on the type of thing people are after, but for the stuff I personally am, I look probably at bandwidth, space, cores then ram. Anything with enough cores for what I want prob has enough ram.

@ahnlak said:
    Also, which of your locations is least ... troubled, in case I was to grab an offer =)

I've had good luck in most locations. Depends on if you have any needs or where you are located. I've got most of my Virmach stuff in NY, CHI, FRA, AMS. I'm not really confident in Flexential's ability to find their own head or ass so have moved out of the locations with them :p

Thanked by (1)ahnlak
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@yoursunny keep in mind I still have to try to keep this promise although it could be argued that was only on OGF:

This will be the lowest prices we will offer for Ryzen, over the next 12 months.

Estimated if we take the higher number from like 768MB and lower from 1.5GB and so on... and half this thread's 4G number.

1G: 15.21 - 16.46
    2G: 16.46 - 21.85
    4G: 35.00

• edited October 2022

any chance to let migration frankfurt to frankfurt :)) paid or free ...

@tridinebandim said:
    any chance to let migration frankfurt to frankfurt :)) paid or free ...

I'm assuming you're trying to leave FFME004 and your account is not able to use the option?

• @VirMach said: I'm assuming you're trying to leave FFME004 and your account is not able to use the option?

right :))

@tridinebandim said:

@VirMach said: I'm assuming you're trying to leave FFME004 and your account is not able to use the option?

right :))

DM me email and I'll see why you can't use it

Thanked by (1)tridinebandim
  • sure, thanks.

• edited October 2022

Out of couriosity, how many FFME00x nodes are available out there?
    (in case someone order more VPSes at this location and want to have VPSes spreaded among nodes)

edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:
    Out of couriosity, how many FFME00x nodes are available out there?

UPS fully basically stole two of our servers by not having customer service in the area that could help, and they moved it to like the warehouse where they auction off lost packages and wouldn't let anyone pay customs on it, and then power costs are also going to be insane so trying not to stack this location. Amsterdam will get more, Frankfurt might get a couple more but way less than Amsterdam.

@Mumbly said:
    (in case someone order more VPSes at this location and want to have VPSes spreaded among nodes)

6 then.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • @Daevien said:

@ahnlak said:
    Also, which of your locations is least ... troubled, in case I was to grab an offer =)

I've had good luck in most locations. Depends on if you have any needs or where you are located. I've got most of my Virmach stuff in NY, CHI, FRA, AMS. I'm not really confident in Flexential's ability to find their own head or ass so have moved out of the locations with them

Needs? I already have all the servers I require for my needs. This is more about the craving for ... let's call them spares. Although I should probably install something on my last idler before adding yet another one!

• @VirMach said:

@yoursunny said:
    2022 Black Friday pricing guidelines for Ryzen/EPYC:

• 1 GB: $12
    • 2 GB: $20
    • 4 GB: $36

EPYC can have way more RAM, weird to do price guideline using RAM amounts but okay I'll see what can be done.

The software in push-ups delivery network uses RAM for caching.
    Hence, I compare non-storage servers with RAM amounts.

I consider Ryzen to be an inferior version of EPYC.
    They have the same znver2 instruction set, but less reliable.

@cybertech said:
    US dollars is so strong now. can we have 2G at $18? lol

The cheapest 2 GB with high stock in 2021 BF was Naranja .tech for €18/year, which equals $20 at the time.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @VirMach said: @yetopen said:

» show previous quotes

Understand why you suspended these vps.Most of them should have used the virmach.me account registration script that you used to partner with.So they look like one.But it's likely not a person's account.

@VirMach said: There's one other pattern I'm going after which was most of @infplus accounts and manually going through those as well. It's a super obvious pattern and used in previous BF sniping/automation for account creations. I'll reveal the queries afterward but this is something we were looking into doing anyway since last BF.

@willie said:

» show previous quotes

Probably better to not tip the idiots off too much.

Okay so update on this, the account list is huge, just finished running the query. It's all literally the same exact lazy pattern and we already have the list so I can reveal it now. Most likely it's what @yetopen mentioned except as I've said we never partnered with those guys and every time we were asked we made it clear to say we're not aware of that and probably isn't a good idea to register accounts using a third party site. And that's just basically the very huge part of them just phishing details if they want, then the whole multi-account issue, and so on.

So pattern is:

3 alphanumeric first name, 3 alphanumeric last name, 7 alphanumeric company name (just... why?) and country randomized between either some or all of the "A" countries. Address is also license-platey.

So yes we have a lot of weird license-plate name companies registered in American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, and so on.

884 accounts. Plus one guy in China that thought it was cool to also use the same exact pattern, I don't know why. Like whoever coded it has never heard of using a word list/file in their introductory computer science course.

Unsure what to do with them, but less drastic than immediate suspension for any left over (unless linked to something else.)

Certainly more than this format. Just one of the automatic default settings.

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:

@yoursunny said:
    2022 Black Friday pricing guidelines for Ryzen/EPYC:

• 1 GB: $12
    • 2 GB: $20
    • 4 GB: $36

EPYC can have way more RAM, weird to do price guideline using RAM amounts but okay I'll see what can be done.

The software in push-ups delivery network uses RAM for caching.
    Hence, I compare non-storage servers with RAM amounts.

I consider Ryzen to be an inferior version of EPYC.
    They have the same znver2 instruction set, but less reliable.

Okay how about this then.

We sell Epyc downgrade or "upgrade" migration specials (we check to see if you're visiting then we change the name to "upgrade" or code that into your account) that go on Ryzen but later get transferred to Epyc. Then we should be able to do your pricing of $12 / $20 / $36 but you might want to specify disk, core count, etc, otherwise we've been known to give 1GB disk and 1GB BW. I've been meaning to switch our KVM Lite over (not necessarily migrate people, just for new customers) to Epyc later on and this way we piss everyone off in the process who bought a special and create more work/headache for ourselves in 2023. That's the VirMach spirit.

edited October 2022

Alternatively I'll just see if we can pro-rate refund to credit and adjust the prices down for people who got specials that were told it'd be the lowest price for 12 months.

Darn I really liked my pricing though.

(edit) So if we adjust prices down that's potentially be for existing OGF specials and I'll do regular vs earlybird x 2 for 2 year, with pro-rated discount and recurring price change but not for entire year for about half a year. Oh and basically excluding Tokyo since that one's going to have setup fee in new sale. (And probably excluding mutli-accountt/problematic blah blah.)

384MB --> $11.11/YR to || $17.76/2YR
    [Placeholder 512M for $13.75/YR || $22/2YR]
    768MB --> $15.21/YR to $13.92/YR || $24.34/2YR stays same
    [Placeholder 1G for $12/YR || $22/2YR]
    1.5G --> $20.57/YR to $18.83/YR || $32.92 stays same
    [Placeholder 2G for $20/YR || $33/2YR]
    2.5G --> $27.31/YR to $25/YR || $43.70/2YR to $41.25/2YR

Okay that doesn't really make sense with how the plans use to scale up in price and 512 remaining existing price, I'll keep thinking over it.

edited October 2022

Darn I really liked my pricing though.

Okay, that'd be:

Ryzen Special 512: Stays $22/2YR or... something Maybe we just do 768 plan for $22/2YR
    Ryzen Special 1024: $12/YR or $22/2YR instead of $33/YR we might just not meet your requirement here
    Ryzen Special 2048: $20/YR or $33/2YR instead of $55/2YR - Disk & BW & Core lowered to current 1024 plan
    Ryzen Special 4096: $36/YR or $66/2YR instead of $88/2YR - Disk & BW & Core lowered to current 2048 plan or a little higher

Except I kind of like the originals so maybe we just introduce another line anyway and complicate things for no reason and maybe we move the originally priced like to being a full "KVM" plan instead of "KVM Lite."

And we either move old plans sold over to this new line since technically they get port 25/443/80 already and custom ISO requests (even though we've sucked at doing any of them until now) and they do technically have Eval Windows and the higher CPU limit technically since we haven't adjusted it down. Or we discount/credit them some.

And for the "yoursunny" version plans we also do proper KVM Lite with the lower honor disk system that you add in chunks.

Everyone happy with that or something like that?

• @flips said: All I experienced on FFME004 was 43 minutes of downtime for my VPS. Should I/we expect more, or should it be stable again?

VirMach is talking about one of the disks that decided to go bonkers - it took like 30 reboots to make it show back and downtime for people having VMs on that disk was like 2 days :P

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:
    Alternatively I'll just see if we can pro-rate refund to credit and adjust the prices down for people who got specials that were told it'd be the lowest price for 12 months.

I ordered a server a week ago (service ID: 676705) but it's put on the node TYOC039 and I cannot turn it on. I see you said that you will recreate the VM but it has been a week but it hasn't been created. Today I have just ordered the other special server and it's put on TYOC031 which is working now (although the network seems quite unstable, but I am diagnosing it).

Considering service ID 676705 is not usable, can I get a refund? I am still not opening any tickets, if you can help me out here, it's good. Still fine if no, I will wait for it to be recreate.

• $10 Tokyo setup fee. wow wow. So ridiculous

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@ahnlak said:
    Oof. No port 80/443? I'm used to SMTP being closed off, but ruling out web services too is ... kinda limiting :)

Maybe I should reword that or reconsider and make a more adamant decision. It might end up being $5 fee, might not happen, or might be just temporary block/unblock (edit) after X days or some other way.

Our new IP provider isn't as strict so honestly it doesn't really serve a purpose anymore. I'll figure that out, for the 20 people that buy these you can assume it won't be blocked and we'll figure it out for the rest before the sale.

Refund 80/443 whitelist fee to account credit after 1 year without abuse

Sounds good?

Thanked by (2)yoursunny someTom

smartass shitposting satirist

@nicai said:
    $10 Tokyo setup fee. wow wow. So ridiculous

I'll consider changing it back to +$12/YR or whatever it was or removing Tokyo. Let me know if that helps.

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said:

@nicai said:
    $10 Tokyo setup fee. wow wow. So ridiculous

I'll consider changing it back to +$12/YR or whatever it was or removing Tokyo. Let me know if that helps.

I think removing Tokyo would be better

• @VirMach said: I'll consider changing it back to +$12/YR or whatever it was or removing Tokyo. Let me know if that helps.

Keep in mind that whatever one time fee will encourage account reselling & renting.

Btw Contabo will reduce setup fee with longer commitment.

• @VirMach said: I'll consider changing it back to +$12/YR or whatever it was or removing Tokyo. Let me know if that helps.

You can learn from GreenCloud.

edited October 2022

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Keep in mind that whatever one time fee will encourage account reselling & renting.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this specifically, how it would encourage that versus recurring fee. If scalper has to pay the setup fee then their setup fee will just have to go up. People want to pay scalper one-time setup fee that's high for lower recurring. We changed it to this specifically to match scalper's pricing.

(edit) It's just funny to me because clearly when we had no setup fee, scalpers bought it and it went out of stock and with recurring fee, it was too high recurring so they bought from scalpers.

edited October 2022

@yetopen said:

@VirMach said: I'll consider changing it back to +$12/YR or whatever it was or removing Tokyo. Let me know if that helps.

What does that mean, raise the price of our 1GB plan on our site from $5 to $6, lower bandwidth to 750GB, and lower NVMe to 15GB?

Oh wait sorry that's not even NVMe.

So 2GB RAM plan, raise from $10 to $12, lower core from 2 to 1, lower disk from 50GB to 20GB, and lower BW 3TB to 1TB.

Yes? For Tokyo only?

And they have a 50% sale for it so $6 for 2GB RAM, 20GB Disk, 1TB BW, 1 Core. And $64.80 for annual for whatever reason.

Damn and on our site it's $60/Yr plus $6 setup fee for Tokyo right now for 2GB RAM, 2 Core, 50GB disk, 3TB BW. That's so bad. And the sale is even worse, same plan but KVM Lite for $34.37/YR plus a horrendous $10 one-time setup.

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Refund 80/443 whitelist fee to account credit after 1 year without abuse

Sounds good?

If it could be automated we'd do it after like 30-60 days because phishing site is caught by then. I'm still working on it, we'll see.

• Keep in mind that whatever one time fee will encourage account reselling & renting.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this specifically, how it would encourage that versus recurring fee. If scalper has to pay the setup fee then their setup fee will just have to go up. People want to pay scalper one-time setup fee that's high for lower recurring. We changed it to this specifically to match scalper's pricing.

It's not the price that stops scalpers, it's the cost.Scalpers are certainly not going to disappear. How about adding 5-10$ push fee, like the greencloud.The push fee will drastically reduce the revenue of scalpers to the extent that their number decreases.

• @yetopen said:
    How about adding 5-10$ push fee, like the greencloud.

Then they will use multi-account, again. Never ending story.

edited October 2022

@yetopen said: It's not the price that stops scalpers, it's the cost.

????

@yetopen said: How about adding 5-10$ push fee, like the greencloud.The push fee will drastically reduce the revenue of scalpers to the extent that their number decreases.

I don't get it are you saying raise our fee to transfer from $3 to $5-10?

Right now they avoid safe transfers for $3 to pay $0 instead (and screw everyone over in the process.)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@yetopen said:

@VirMach said: I'll consider changing it back to +$12/YR or whatever it was or removing Tokyo. Let me know if that helps.

What does that mean, raise the price of our 1GB plan on our site from $5 to $6, lower bandwidth to 750GB, and lower NVMe to 15GB?

Oh wait sorry that's not even NVMe.

So 2GB RAM plan, raise from $10 to $12, lower core from 2 to 1, lower disk from 50GB to 20GB, and lower BW 3TB to 1TB.

Yes? For Tokyo only?

And they have a 50% sale for it so $6 for 2GB RAM, 20GB Disk, 1TB BW, 1 Core. And $64.80 for annual for whatever reason.

Damn and on our site it's $60/Yr plus $6 setup fee for Tokyo right now for 2GB RAM, 2 Core, 50GB disk, 3TB BW. That's so bad. And the sale is even worse, same plan but KVM Lite for $34.37/YR plus a horrendous $10 one-time setup.

Current plan I'm using is 35$ per year with 2 core Ryzen, 3GB Mem, 35GB Nvme, 750GB traffic per month.

We meaning the soft factors, such as response ticket in 2 hours, low CPU steal, lenient IP change...

This discussion has been closed.