VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @FrankZ said:

@somik said: There is always the option to create a new paypal account with different details.

Leaving VirMach out of it, would that not be a violation of PayPal terms ?
    If people do not hold themselves to the same general standards that they expect others to follow I would expect as a society we are in trouble.

PayPal definitely knows when you have multiple accounts. I don't know if they treat opening a new account to get around a ban as ToS violation, but PayPal will definitely know something is up. It's not something I'd recommend, that's for sure.

Ultimately, my perspective is if you don't expect to get the services you paid for from VirMach and you're at the point where you're filing charge backs, why even sign up for new services? There is no reason to think this won't happen again in the future. Then you'll just have to file more charge backs and open new accounts.

But that's just me...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

@cold said: have you try to open a ticket with them, also other providers who had similar problems gave refund as a 1st option...this one gives only excuses...

You are correct. Special deals come with no support and no refunds as stated up front by the provider. I think that this has been going on long enough that everyone here understands this is the case.

You can't change people, they are who they are until they decide to change. VirMach is VirMach you can expect him to change and be constantly disappointed, like an abused person, or you can move on. Your expectation of change after all the years you have been a VirMach customer is IMO self abuse.

Just to be clear I am not attacking you, I am agreeing with you that you are in an abusive relationship. You are the only one who can change that by making a clean break, walking away, and never looking back.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @rockinmusicgv said:

@FrankZ said:

@somik said: There is always the option to create a new paypal account with different details.

Leaving VirMach out of it, would that not be a violation of PayPal terms ?
    If people do not hold themselves to the same general standards that they expect others to follow I would expect as a society we are in trouble.

PayPal definitely knows when you have multiple accounts. I don't know if they treat opening a new account to get around a ban as ToS violation, but PayPal will definitely know something is up. It's not something I'd recommend, that's for sure.

Yes, it's against the rules but there are many who does it.

Account get banned/limited? Open new one. It is the most common way to get around the limitations.

@FrankZ there are always people who thinks they are above the law while expect everyone else to follow it. For example, you'll find people cutting in lines everywhere, while the same people gets angry when others cut in front of them. The society we live in has already accepted this. If you are rich enough, the government will let you get away with most crimes as the government wants the money you are investing. Anyway, this is a seriously off-topic political discussion, so I'll stop here.

@rockinmusicgv Paypal, in most cases, does not "know" if you have multiple accounts. Simply because they do not care. They only start an investigation when there is a complaint against it. It takes manhours to do the investigation and it doesn't make sense to stop people from singing up multiple times when they can just close the account later and size the money that is in the account at the time of closure.

This is not a statement, but a fact that was checked and verified. You can try it yourself if you do not use paypal and got too much free time on your hand :lol:

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• edited May 2023

@FrankZ said: Special deals come with no support and no refunds as stated up front by the provider.

Not providing functional service client paid for and not returning money is fraud. Host can't hide behind TOS here.
    (that's general statement, not explicitely Virmach related)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mumbly said: Not providing functional service client paid for and not returning money is fraud.

Since VirMach is a US company we can expect the US definition of fraud to apply...
    (All conditions below must be satisfied or else it is not fraud)

Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result.

These elements contain nuances that are not all easily proved. First, not all false statements are fraudulent. To be fraudulent, a false statement must relate to a material fact. It should also substantially affect a person's decision to enter into a contract or pursue a certain course of action. A false statement of fact that does not bear on the disputed transaction will not be considered fraudulent.

Second, the defendant must know that the statement is untrue. A statement of fact that is simply mistaken is not fraudulent. To be fraudulent, a false statement must be made with intent to deceive the victim. This is perhaps the easiest element to prove, once falsity and materiality are proved, because most material false statements are designed to mislead.

Third, the false statement must be made with the intent to deprive the victim of some legal right.

Fourth, the victim's reliance on the false statement must be reasonable. Reliance on a patently absurd false statement generally will not give rise to fraud; however, people who are especially gullible, superstitious, or ignorant or who are illiterate may recover damages for fraud if the defendant knew and took advantage of their condition.

Finally, the false statement must cause the victim some injury that leaves her or him in a worse position than she or he was in before the fraud.

A statement of belief is not a statement of fact and thus is not fraudulent. Puffing, or the expression of a glowing opinion by a seller, is likewise not fraudulent. For example, a car dealer may represent that a particular vehicle is "the finest in the lot." Although the statement may not be true, it is not a statement of fact, and a reasonable buyer would not be justified in relying on it.

Link to full definition of fraud according to US law.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• the absolute state of LES

you know the provider in the wrong here and there's always that one white knight defender lol

your money only worth for some excuses. geez man, have a self respect

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• edited May 2023

@FrankZ said: Just be aware that a PayPal dispute may get all services and your account at VirMach terminated.

I rather call it panic button

The old fart on the other side click the nuke button, and call it a day

smartass shitposting satirist

• last night i had a dream i was with virmach looking at the hardware with him,.,. Frank was saying he this one is down, this one is stuck etc ... somemore saying you need uptime more uptime.... i said to him "he was Asian talk looking fit and smelled good" i can help you with uptime if you keep me online. ..... i said i would give you super powers in your hands to command things and they come in your hand..... he didn't really care

this was my dream .. i have no idea why i dreamt about virmach... there goes.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Encoders said:
    the absolute state of LES

you know the provider in the wrong here and there's always that one white knight defender lol

Yes, in terms of common knowledge, paying for a service and getting downtime sucks. It specially hurts when people do not take your side and take other parties side. However, here is the thing. VirMach customers agreed to their shitty TOS before buying. Whether you read it or not is not a problem. It is the fact that they AGREED to the TOS and the paragraph " D) Interruption of Service", which basically says if something goes wrong, it is not VirMach problem. Take a look here: https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/#sla

If the person is willing to buy from such provider, they deserve this type of service. If you want better service, PAY to a more reputable provider. Take a look here for some good names: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/software/best-dedicated-server-hosting/

Thanked by (1)Encoders

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ehab said:
    last night i had a dream i was with virmach looking at the hardware with him,.,. Frank was saying he this one is down, this one is stuck etc ... somemore saying you need uptime more uptime.... i said to him "he was Asian talk looking fit and smelled good" i can help you with uptime if you keep me online. ..... i said i would give you super powers in your hands to command things and they come in your hand..... he didn't really care

Two questions...
    1. In your dream, who was wearing pants and who was not ?
    2. How do I get these super powers that you speak of ?

Thanked by (2)ehab ZA_capetown

• somiksomik OG
    edited May 2023

@ehab said:
    last night i had a dream . bla . bla . bla . . and they come in your hand..... he didn't really care

Eh... ok... good to know....

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

• @FrankZ said:
    Two questions...
    1. In your dream, who was wearing pants and who was not ?
    2. How do I get these super powers that you speak of ?

hahahahah
    we all had something on .. virmach was wearing tshirt and some sport pants
    i only knew your presence by your mustasch and finger pointing to machines.

those super powers, no idea ... maybe i was tricking him.,

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited May 2023

@somik said:

@Encoders said:

Yes, in terms of common knowledge, paying for a service and getting downtime sucks. It specially hurts when people do not take your side and take other parties side. However, here is the thing. VirMach customers agreed to their shitty TOS before buying. Whether you read it or not is not a problem. It is the fact that they AGREED to the TOS and the paragraph " D) Interruption of Service", which basically says if something goes wrong, it is not VirMach problem. Take a look here: https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/#sla

If the person is willing to buy from such provider, they deserve this type of service. If you want better service, PAY to a more reputable provider. Take a look here for some good names: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/software/best-dedicated-server-hosting/

I'm not sure picking names off a Forbes list is going to get you an amazing provider. IONOS? GoDaddy?!

• edited May 2023

@FrankZ said: Since VirMach is a US company we can expect the US definition of fraud to apply...

IANAL, much? :) You know very well what I am talking about. Would it help you if I use term "scam" instead of "fraud? Or unethical business practices usually ruled in the favour of the client?

Not providing functional service client paid for and not returning money is a scam. Host can't hide behind TOS here.
    (that's general statement, not explicitely Virmach related)

• @ahnlak said:

@somik said:

@Encoders said:

I'm not sure picking names off a Forbes list is going to get you an amazing provider. IONOS? GoDaddy?!

Well, those who aren't happy with a list made by people paid by those hosts can look around. I myself went with turnkeyinternet in late 2000s and the was the best decision I ever made.

• @cold said:

@skorous said:

Have you asked for a refund and been denied or just decided to go straight for the nuclear option?

have you try to open a ticket with them, also other providers who had similar problems gave refund as a 1st option...this one gives only excuses...

I have and truly I do get your point. I have a couple tickets open for weeks/months. My point is that the forms need to be observed. PayPal chargeback is the final option if client and host can't work out a solution - you haven't tried yet.

• @FrankZ said:

@cold said: have you try to open a ticket with them, also other providers who had similar problems gave refund as a 1st option...this one gives only excuses...

You are correct. Special deals come with no support and no refunds as stated up front by the provider. I think that this has been going on long enough that everyone here understands this is the case.

You can't change people, they are who they are until they decide to change. VirMach is VirMach you can expect him to change and be constantly disappointed, like an abused person, or you can move on. Your expectation of change after all the years you have been a VirMach customer is IMO self abuse.

Just to be clear I am not attacking you, I am agreeing with you that you are in an abusive relationship. You are the only one who can change that by making a clean break, walking away, and never looking back.

I did, I canceled all my services with him... still I want thim to honor what he promissed till the end of our toxic relationship

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cold said: I did, I canceled all my services with him... still I want thim to honor what he promissed till the end of our toxic relationship

• @nightcat said:
    Waiting for Chicago network back to online. Two hosts are down.

Mine just came back online. Who knows for how long, though!

Thanked by (3)FrankZ JDMcPea AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@JBB said:

@nightcat said:
    Waiting for Chicago network back to online. Two hosts are down.

Thanks for the heads up. My Chicago is also back online.

• edited May 2023

@JBB said:

Thanks for the good news mine is online as well. Hope the issues can be worked out and the servers can stay where they are because my Chicago VPS had the best network and reliablity and speed out of all the Virmach VPSs have used.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ahnlak - Chicago is back up.

• but for how long

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    but for how long

The answer is 7

YEARS!

• @JDMcPea said:

@Jab said:
    but for how long

The answer is 7

YEARS!

Nah it's 42!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Now Chicago problem has been solved. Shall we focus on NYCB servers tomorrow?

• edited June 2023

That's great, let me take data back. Thank you @JBB @FrankZ

• @FrankZ said:
    @ahnlak - Chicago is back up.

Well of course it is, I just finished pulling my backups onto a new server :lol:

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint FrankZ skorous
  • My server network has been blocked by QN after I download a ISO file on Chicago VM. :'(

wget http://mnvoip.mm.fcix.net/centos/7.9.2009/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso
    --2023-06-01 04:22:08-- http://mnvoip.mm.fcix.net/centos/7.9.2009/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso
    Resolving mnvoip.mm.fcix.net (mnvoip.mm.fcix.net)... 192.69.77.209, 2602:ffaa:0:d::209
    Connecting to mnvoip.mm.fcix.net (mnvoip.mm.fcix.net)|192.69.77.209|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 4712300544 (4.4G) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso’

CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009 100%[===============================>] 4.39G 81.8MB/s in 66s

2023-06-01 04:23:14 (68.0 MB/s) - ‘CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso’ saved [4712300544/4712300544]

.187.185) -> 47.87.16x.x 2023-06-01T16:35:16+0800
    Keys: Help Display mode Restart statistics Order of fields quit
    Packets Pings
    Host Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. 103.69.129.1 0.0% 15 23.1 49.0 14.9 157.5 49.6
    2. 192.168.42.1 0.0% 15 18.7 26.2 13.9 86.4 20.6
    3. 223.165.7.12 0.0% 15 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.0
    4. e4.hnd.ty8-cr1.gslnetworks.com 0.0% 15 50.4 50.4 50.3 50.6 0.1
    5. e51.sea.westin-cr2.gslnetworks.com 0.0% 15 131.2 131.2 131.1 131.4 0.1
    6. p300.sea.westin-cr1.gslnetworks.com 0.0% 15 131.3 131.2 131.2 131.3 0.0
    7. (waiting for reply)

• @nightcat said:
    My server network has been blocked by QN after I download a ISO file on Chicago VM. :'(

wget http://mnvoip.mm.fcix.net/centos/7.9.2009/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso
    --2023-06-01 04:22:08-- http://mnvoip.mm.fcix.net/centos/7.9.2009/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso
    Resolving mnvoip.mm.fcix.net (mnvoip.mm.fcix.net)... 192.69.77.209, 2602:ffaa:0:d::209
    Connecting to mnvoip.mm.fcix.net (mnvoip.mm.fcix.net)|192.69.77.209|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 4712300544 (4.4G) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso’

CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009 100%[===============================>] 4.39G 81.8MB/s in 66s

2023-06-01 04:23:14 (68.0 MB/s) - ‘CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso’ saved [4712300544/4712300544]

.187.185) -> 47.87.16x.x 2023-06-01T16:35:16+0800
    Keys: Help Display mode Restart statistics Order of fields quit
    Packets Pings
    Host Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. 103.69.129.1 0.0% 15 23.1 49.0 14.9 157.5 49.6
    2. 192.168.42.1 0.0% 15 18.7 26.2 13.9 86.4 20.6
    3. 223.165.7.12 0.0% 15 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.0
    4. e4.hnd.ty8-cr1.gslnetworks.com 0.0% 15 50.4 50.4 50.3 50.6 0.1
    5. e51.sea.westin-cr2.gslnetworks.com 0.0% 15 131.2 131.2 131.1 131.4 0.1
    6. p300.sea.westin-cr1.gslnetworks.com 0.0% 15 131.3 131.2 131.2 131.3 0.0
    7. (waiting for reply)

The firewall policy of QN is terrible indeed