VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 18

@kheng86 said:
    What about those VPS that got stucked in AMSD031T36? Lol

I'm just curious what's the specs of this new node?

mine got stuck in migration too. RIP AMDS029

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @BHS said:
    What happen in PHXZ002 ? no news, no information, just waiting...

PHXZ002 is up, thanks VirMach

• only one new post today? virmach chicken good chicken

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

virmach chicken good chicken

• @VirMach we need some clarification/news about great FFM migration

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    @VirMach we need some clarification/news about great FFM migration

It may happen... most likely delayed. But it may not happen at all. Only time will say how it works out. New servers already racked but then again things could get delayed. Don't hold your breath though.

/s

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said:
    @VirMach we need some clarification/news about great FFM migration

Have to focus on Tokyo as well as a few other things right now. More specific information for FFM likely after February 1st although right now the goal has been to keep them as stable as possible for the time being.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • @VirMach Is Tokyo about to fall?

Do you remember Dallas?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• Tokyo datacenter will be undergoing maintenance between approximately 8PM PST on the 22nd until 8PM PST on the 25th of January.

Servers may be rebooted as required, but we do not expect any long outage on any server. Maintenance will not take up the entire duration, but specific timing is not available at this time. We expect approximately one four hour timeslot per day of maintenance. If more specific information is available, it will be provided here. We do apologize for the short notice and inconvenience

Thanked by (1)huginn

what happened to Tokyo in general? mine is still up for 177 days.

• @cybertech said:

That is quite obvious - VirMach banned/closed the accounts or everyone that was actively using Tokyo and now only idlers!

• @Jab said:

@cybertech said:

That is quite obvious - VirMach banned/closed the accounts or everyone that was actively using Tokyo and now only idlers!

Too quiet. There would have been a lot more squawking if that were the case.

Thanked by (2)DanSummer FrankZ

@Jab said:

@cybertech said:

then it should not require the upcoming maintenance.

• @cybertech said:

@Jab said:

@cybertech said:

Maintenance is there to consolidate servers and pay even less! Same amount of idlers less power draw. You will see!

@Jab said:

@cybertech said:

@Jab said:

@cybertech said:

Maintenance is there to consolidate servers and pay even less! Same amount of idlers less power draw. You will see!

oh! that makes sense now.

• Anyone on LAXA031.VIRM? my VM went down 13 hours ago but the status page shows everything is up and working.

• @DanSummer said:
    Anyone on LAXA031.VIRM? my VM went down 13 hours ago but the status page shows everything is up and working.

Same also on LAXA031 and VPS down.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • @DanSummer said:
    Anyone on LAXA031.VIRM? my VM went down 13 hours ago but the status page shows everything is up and working.

I am on this one. My VM is currently working fine, but it looks like the control panel gives a timeout. Maybe a disk affecting some VMs?

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • xyzxyz
    edited January 22

I think it's time to say goodbye for over 6 months the VM in Seattle wasn't working moved to LAX and still not working. I know @VirMach will be happy to see these BF special go but never thought I had to wait over 6 months to even have someone look into the issue. Ticket still opened for over a month with no response # 840866 . Only request would be if you can make it up for a day so that I can copy my data. This is so disappointing

Thanked by (2)strongjake1 vgood
  • I feel the same thing with LAZ2Z019, I have created a ticket, comments in this group including PM @virmach but I don't know what has happened until now the VPS is off and in the next few months the activation period will expire. there has been no continuation in the past 6 months.

@xyz said:
    I think it's time to say goodbye for over 6 months the VM in Seattle wasn't working moved to LAX and still not working. I know @VirMach will be happy to see these BF special go but never thought I had to wait over 6 months to even have someone look into the issue. ............

Thanked by (1)xyz
  • edited January 22

@VirMach Can I get update regarding LAX1Z012 as it has been offline for ages. So far I have tried opening a ticket and waited so far but it has been down from October of '23 but there is no response from your end. FYI This VM was offline for long time in Seattle so it was moved here.

• I thought LAX1Z012 got fixed. What're you seeing?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Okay general update/information for everyone above.

LAX2Z019 - This was scheduled to be dropped off yesterday after many delays, but the bad luck continues as the server completely died. It will be worked on again in about one week and the goal will shift to redeploying everyone on a different server and migrating data back if available.

DALZ004/DALZ007 - Many hours of remote hands wasn't able to get these in a functional state. These servers were previously functional so my assumption is that either remote hands in Atlanta is still not very helpful or that they may have been damaged during the delayed release/shipment process by Flex. I had plans to visit the facility about a month ago but that didn't pan out very well. Will likely be redeployed alongside LAX2Z019.

@simonindia said:
    @VirMach Can I get update regarding LAX1Z012 as it has been offline for ages. So far I have tried opening a ticket and waited so far but it has been down from October of '23 but there is no response from your end. FYI This VM was offline for long time in Seattle so it was moved here.

This shouldn't have been down since October 2023, it means your VM has other issues so I don't have a timeline for you specifically. Although the outage I have on file on my end is still a very long time at 47 days.

LAX1Z012 - Several attempts have been made to get this in a functional state. I actually don't have any further information on this one, other than resolution is still to be determined and we'll likely work in redeployments with LAX2Z019.

All of the above mentioned servers will hopefully be the last of their kind (indefinite outage) and to celebrate and apologize, they will come with an automatic and significant service expiration date extension. I can very unconfidently say that all of the above should be handled by approximately February 7th.

This will also likely happen as I push for the new credit system to be completed, so it may mean moving forward we'll go back to auto crediting/extending instead of manual mode. Once we do release that new system it'll come with an announcement on our site which will ask everyone to claim any outstanding credits we owe on previous outages by a certain date (probably several months from now will be the cutoff) with a pre-filled ticket form to keep things tidy.

ATLZ005 - Not many people on this one but this one has also been down for a while. It'll likely hitch a ride with the Dallas servers, but there's still some hope we can just get it back online to transfer services first.

Frankfurt - As of this moment the general plan is to close the location by May 1st. So the failing servers will probably be rescheduled to be moved away around the end of the week of February 1st. And the remaining two will get notices around late March/early April with the move happening sometime around mid-April (plans may change, this is early news.)

Other Plans - I also have a list of about a dozen other servers that have been naughty. We're going to (but with lower priority) try to also move services on these off to healthier nodes and have them all sent back to us so I can give them a spanking.

We are also going to try to send a "donor" server to all locations which will either be harvested for parts as needed or used as an immediate drop-in temporary replacement.

@cybertech said:

@Jab said:

@cybertech said:

I'm walking to Tokyo with thermal paste and a screwdriver, so we'll see what happens, but I opened the general notice for the time being. Once I'm there and have a more solid plan then some or all servers will be affected for some time and I'll try to provide more specific updates. A couple servers may be moved around, BIOS settings may be adjusted, a few ethernet and power cables may come loose, but hopefully no broken finger this time. The level of information provided before the maintenance will completely depend on the quality of the WiFi on the plane.

Tokyo - This location will be getting half a dozen additional servers. We may move some customers on nodes marked as potentially problematic so I can make improvements. TYOC037 and TYOC002 are getting new thermal paste. TYOC007, TYOC026, TYOC027, TYOC029, and TYOC039 are going to have some surgery performed on them, weather permitting.

If @Flying_Chinaman is still around then we might do a high RAM Epyc LES only Tokyo special in the comments over the next few days/weeks/months/year.

Any questions? I'll let @Jab answer for me as I liked his last few official responses.

• JabJab
    edited January 22

Have fucking fun in Tokyo!

Take some photos, irl photos, outside datacenter, you know... We know you are going there for "a job", but god damn it - use it also for some personal time, especially after such long flight.

@VirMach said: Any questions? I'll let @Jab answer for me as I liked his last few official responses.

TL;DR:
    VirMach personally going to Tokyo to break all the nodes.
    Frankfurt officially cancelled 1st of May.
    New credit-for-outage system going live soon so everyone gonna be swim in credits... but only servers left will be Buffalo ColoCrossing.

Thanked by (1)tulipyun

• due date is Feb. 4th, so no luck for credit before 7th. too bad.

• @tenpera said:
    due date is Feb. 4th, so no luck for credit before 7th. too bad.

So you're going to let it go?

• I let many go by and this one will go too. pity.

Thanked by (1)skorous

how about Amsterdam? what happened to the migration (AMS to AMS)

• It seems that the trumpet of victory is heard.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• Same thing happens again!
    @FrankZ goes away, @VirMach "flies" to Tokyo.