Provider with US and EU locations with anycast (Already using BuyVM)

MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
edited March 17 in Requests

Already using BuyVM and it's working great, but need a second provider with both US and EU locations with an anycast network option.

Provider should be considered 'production quality', since this will be part of a larger PowerDNS setup.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
[ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

Comments

• gbshousegbshouse OGServices Provider

As mentioned on LET, we do provide anycast-as-a-service

Auth DNS and anycast provider Rage4

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
    edited March 18

@gbshouse said:
    As mentioned on LET, we do provide anycast-as-a-service

I'm a bit confused as to how it works. I was looking for a service where I just get several VMs of the required specifications that I need (RAM/CPU/DISK/BW) and would be assigned an anycast IP in the same fashion as I do with BuyVM. I just didn't see any documentation on your site that cleared up how one would go about configuring the tunnels to the servers we'd use.

Seems interesting, and would actually allow us to deploy something more robust if it means we're not limited to just using the locations offered by a single server provider. Do you have any public documentation on the setup of things just so I can take a glance before signing up for a month just to tinker? :)

EDIT: I've registered an account, will poke around.

We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• Zilore offers Anycast DNS and there is an API so it might be an option for ya

• edited March 19

I think you will find more providers if you search for floating IP.

The following Vultr guide might be useful.
    https://docs.vultr.com/high-availability-on-vultr-with-floating-ip-and-bgp

Many cloud providers that use OpenStack offer floating IP addresses. E.g. vexxhost.com

• tetechtetech OG
    edited March 19

@xvps said:
    I think you will find more providers if you search for floating IP.

The following Vultr guide might be useful.
    https://docs.vultr.com/high-availability-on-vultr-with-floating-ip-and-bgp

Many cloud providers that use OpenStack offer floating IP addresses. E.g. vexxhost.com

Floating IPs generally can only point to instances in the same location, so does not match the use case here.

• gbshousegbshouse OGServices Provider

@MannDude feel free to play with it, we offer 30 day free trial. Regarding docs, yeah I onow it sucks, we are working on a new docs site, in the meantime you can check wiki https://github.com/rage4/AnycastIP/wiki

The idea is that your can mix'n'match between providers keeping your anycast IP with us.

Thanked by (1)MannDude

Auth DNS and anycast provider Rage4

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@gbshouse said:
    @MannDude feel free to play with it, we offer 30 day free trial. Regarding docs, yeah I onow it sucks, we are working on a new docs site, in the meantime you can check wiki https://github.com/rage4/AnycastIP/wiki

The idea is that your can mix'n'match between providers keeping your anycast IP with us.

Awesome, I'll take a gander!