SSH login: Keys vs Password

2»

Comments

• @AndrewL64 said:

@somik said: So people now a days require to be told that something is sarcasm? Just 15 years back, people would know how to properly use sarcasm and you dont have to tell/flag it so both you and the reader knows it is sarcasm.

The Onion fuming af at this comment right now.

To be fair, it's often hard to tell the difference between The Onion and most major news outlets over the past few years.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • @skorous said:

@AndrewL64 said:

@somik said: So people now a days require to be told that something is sarcasm? Just 15 years back, people would know how to properly use sarcasm and you dont have to tell/flag it so both you and the reader knows it is sarcasm.

The Onion fuming af at this comment right now.

To be fair, it's often hard to tell the difference between The Onion and most major news outlets over the past few years.

It's a case of "When you are so good at faking it that people believe you are legit"... Or would it be "Fake it till you make it"?

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @carlin0 said:
    The answer is inside you... but it is wrong =)

Haha!

Anyhow, of course key + password + port knocking is the best.
    I just use root/toor in case I forget. I'm not an idiot.

• @hornet said:

@carlin0 said:
    The answer is inside you... but it is wrong =)

Haha!

Anyhow, of course key + password + port knocking is the best.
    I just use root/toor in case I forget. I'm not an idiot.

I am guessing your email password is "password" and your lowendspirit password is "123456" (like me) :p

• My password is "wrong," so if I don't remember it, it tells me: the password is wrong :p

Thanked by (1)somik

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• For anyone interested, this is how you setup a ssh TOTP using google authenticator on ubuntu 22.04: https://somik.org/ubuntu-22-04-ssh-totp/

This only applies all ssh connections to the server using the default /etc/ssh/sshd_config configuration file.

Thanked by (3)wankel carlin0 IAmNix