KTS24 seems to be down or unreachable

Both https://kts24.com/ and my VPS seem to be down or unreachable

Can others confirm?

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

Comments

• This doesn't sound good -- I hadn't tried https://kts24.com/ recently

My VPS was reachable yesterday, but today not so much

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Perhaps I should flag @RapToN -- hopefully, things are (mostly) well

• edited May 5

My VPS was down from around 8:38 - 8:55 UTC this morning, back up again.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • The host went belly up? :lol:

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• My VPS monitored with HetrixTools

Downtime: 16 min
    Noticed at: 2024-05-05 11:43:33 (UTC+02:00)

and

Downtime: 1 hr 29 min
    Noticed at: 2024-05-05 13:13:28 (UTC+02:00)

was also rebooted...

Thanked by (1)angstrom

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• The situation seems to have stabilized now :)

My monitor shows that my VPS was unreachable for a total of 97 minutes earlier today (which isn't as bad as I had initially thought)

Thanked by (1)carlin0

• They increased Ryzen VPS pricing and removed other offers. iirc they're going through some sort of renovation right now, maybe this has effected their network too. My vps was offline too but only the connection was, no restart.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • RapToNRapToN Hosting ProviderOG
    edited May 6

Yesterday, one of our host systems had a hardware defect which unfortunately led to several outages.
    I hope that the replacement of the power supply has stabilised the situation again, but we will of course continue to monitor this more closely.

Problem with that was that our storage server for backups and ISO files was not accessible during this time. As a result, some host systems had to be restarted which hung up in the backup process of a VM.

Unfortunately, this does not seem to have solved the problems. I will now go to the computer centre myself to fix the problem.

edited May 6

@webcraft said:
    They increased Ryzen VPS pricing and removed other offers. iirc they're going through some sort of renovation right now, maybe this has effected their network too. My vps was offline too but only the connection was, no restart.

Could you sende me your VMID?
    I am not aware of any failure of our network. Actually, I would have claimed that every outage should have resulted in a restart of the VM.

PS: Yes, we are discontinuing all series apart from the Ryzen offerings. However, we have a few resources in reserve for existing customers that need an upgrade. At the moment, however, we are generally no longer accepting new customers and will probably only release registrations for special offers. However, there are currently no plans to do so.

• @RapToN said:

@webcraft said:
    They increased Ryzen VPS pricing and removed other offers. iirc they're going through some sort of renovation right now, maybe this has effected their network too. My vps was offline too but only the connection was, no restart.

I am not aware of any failure of our network. Actually, I would have claimed that every outage should have resulted in a restart of the VM.

I didn't receive a restart message of my server, did you just "cut the power" or issued a graceful shutdown? Once the server comes back online I'll check system-msg for uptime.

edited May 6

@webcraft said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

I didn't receive a restart message of my server, did you just "cut the power" or issued a graceful shutdown? Once the server comes back online I'll check system-msg for uptime.

If the server is currently down, you will be on S44, which unfortunately has refused to run stable since last night.
    I had to disconnect it from the power supply several times last night because the system stopped responding otherwise.
    Remote hardware analysis is always a bit difficult, which is why I am currently on my way to the data centre.

Thanked by (2)ehab webcraft
  • coldcold OG

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

If the server is currently down, you will be on S44, which unfortunately has refused to run stable since last night.
    I had to disconnect it from the power supply several times last night because the system stopped responding otherwise.
    Remote hardware analysis is always a bit difficult, which is why I am currently on my way to the data centre.

no need to inform your customers, we can figure that on our own 1 week later or so.
    this is another provider like c1vhosting who doesn't care to much about happy customers as long as they pay

edited May 6

@cold said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

no need to inform your customers, we can figure that on our own 1 week later or so.
    this is another provider like c1vhosting who doesn't care to much about happy customers as long as they pay

If this is your experience, please look for a better provider. I am not sad about any customer who leaves, apart from my favorite @ehab :lol:

I have always tried to communicate everything openly when possible. Unfortunately, this was not possible due to the failure of the panel and the first priority for us is always fault clearance. We usually send out information to our customers as soon as things have calmed down.

In this case, in the next few hours when I'm back home.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • edited May 6

i know kts24 offers are affordable and they are not in for the money. I agree that alert/notification can be made/improved SO i think this should be in their task list now.

@RapToN i wou't leave at least i will keep one NAT --- for as long as you have me :)

• @cold said:

In my humble opinion this comparison is totally inappropriate

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"

• coldcold OG

@RapToN said:

@cold said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

If this is your experience, please look for a better provider. I am not sad about any customer who leaves, apart from my favorite @ehab :lol:

I have always tried to communicate everything openly when possible. Unfortunately, this was not possible due to the failure of the panel and the first priority for us is always fault clearance. We usually send out information to our customers as soon as things have calmed down.

i will also leave... i stayed for almost 2 year, and became a customer because u tricked us with that 1 euro VPS but forgot to mention the minimum credit is 5 euro you have to add....
    BUT i will leave also. have to check when im home whem my services exprires.

and I constantly looking for providers who respekt their customers... not providers who respect only the benjamins

• coldcold OG

@carlin0 said:

@cold said:

its not about then comparation... its about he communication.... they just sent a email now... after ppl start asking/complaing here.... in the end we all work for our money, its doesnt rain from the sky money

edited May 6

@cold said:

@carlin0 said:

@cold said:

its not about then comparation... its about he communication.... they just sent a email now... after ppl start asking/complaing here.... in the end we all work for our money, its doesnt rain from the sky money

No not after this thread startet, but after the problem is resolved and we are able to access our control panel to send this mail.

For everyone who is unhappy we currently offer a refund of unused credits and services payed in advanced. Feel free to contact our support.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • edited May 6

@cold said: .. u (sic) tricked us with that 1 euro VPS but forgot to mention the minimum credit is 5 euro you have to add....

Originally I was pee'd off by this but when you take into consideration payment processing fees, then it does become clearer why it's done this way. Agreed, that it should have been made clear upfront.
    Other than that I'd have no qualms signing up for another service with KTS24, even with the quirky client panel. ;) I currently have no service with them, purely on the grounds of server locations - UK would be better for me.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @RapToN said:

If this is your experience, please look for a better provider. I am not sad about any customer who leaves,

Dude, you need a marcomm guy to do communication.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• edited May 6

@Dazzle said: Dude, you need a marcomm guy to do communication.

Whereas, I might view this as a provider who is comfortable with their offerings and is looking for less hassle. Just another angle. ;)

Thanked by (2)RapToN adly

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• vyasvyas OG

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Whereas, I might view this as a provider who is comfortable with their offerings and is looking for less hassle. Just another angle. ;)

Less is More

Thanked by (2)RapToN AlwaysSkint

Squats are the new Push-ups

• It looks more and more like an exit case.

edited May 7

@ascicode said:
    It looks more and more like an exit case.

You can see it that way, but we will continue to supply all current customers in the long term and migrate their systems to newer ryzen hardware in the long term. This has already happened for some of them and will happen for the remaining ones in the course of the year.

But I'm really happy to save myself the stress that new customers bring with them.
    We will therefore only allow new accounts to be registered for a limited period of time as part of campaigns.

After more than 11 years of self-employment + salaried job with 20-32h per week, it is now time for me, but also for Sebastian and Tobias, to reduce our workload.
    I'm grateful that the financial situation allows for this and I'm already looking forward to having more energy to start new projects in the coming years :)

• @RapToN said: and migrate their systems to newer ryzen hardware in the long term. This has already happened for some of them and will happen for the remaining ones in the course of the year.

Just noticed that my VPS is now running on an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (seem to be for some time already), it was some old Intel CPU before, not entirely sure which one - and not really sure what the performance impact of this is, as I don't really care to run benchmarks if the performance is good enough for my purposes.

• @cold said:

@RapToN said:

@cold said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

@RapToN said:

@webcraft said:

i will also leave... i stayed for almost 2 year, and became a customer because u tricked us with that 1 euro VPS but forgot to mention the minimum credit is 5 euro you have to add....
    BUT i will leave also. have to check when im home whem my services exprires.

and I constantly looking for providers who respekt their customers... not providers who respect only the benjamins

Please let me know if you're letting go of this deal.

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5707/use-http-https-default-ports-on-our-nat-offers-8gb-only-25-per-year/p1

I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• edited May 16

Down again... :s

EDIT : It is back

• @carlin0 said: Down again.

Yes, you are doubled.
    (Sorry but based on your comment history, you like to say "your xx is doubled" to show your humour when others' service is down)

MicroLXC is lovable.