Best VPS Hosting for Game/Pterodactyl Hosting

edited October 8 in Requests

EDIT: After a short period, based on some direct messages sent by the lovely community, I'm in talks with HammerVM and Foxomy for my VPS Hosting, although, HammerVM certainly is inciting me with the EPYC cpu.

Hey all, so I work for a, currently, only Minecraft hosting provider, we're expanding to CS:GO, and Palword etc, and I wanted to ask a hosting-related community, what is the best VPS Host for game hosting, we need a lot of checkboxes tickets:
1. Good network terms, up to 10gbps, with fair prices for BW.
2. Good CPU, now Ryzen is standard for games, but we can work with others if the price is favourable.
3. Proven Support.

I can't wait to hear back from everyone, should I interest any replies.

Love, P0l1y.

Comments

• The best game host is the one closest to your players.

Thanked by (3)P0llyAT1 ehab thetimbo

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Hosting Provider

Gameservers don't use much BW. You can ask for 1Gbps and 10Gbps burst

CPU... depends on each game. A few require good single thread score and other games might require something else. Do research on those.

Ideally you should be buying a dedicated server to max out the performance, but it is possible on VPS' too.

Thanked by (1)P0llyAT1
  • Plenty of good Black Friday deals. Also can get a used mini PC to host it on in your home.

• @huntercop said:
    Plenty of good Black Friday deals. Also can get a used mini PC to host it on in your home.

Hosting it at home isn't an option, you need DDNS etc, just a pointless setup unless you've got proper infrastructure.

• Hosting it at home isn't an option, you need DDNS etc, just a pointless setup unless you've got proper infrastructure.

You can also just rent an external IPv4 or another one from your ISP and have it run directly from there, since you're looking at gameserver hosting, it's unlikely that you'll be granting the dedicated game ports to clients (e.g. 25565, 19132, and so on), you can just open random ports on your router/firewall, assign them and it'll work just as fine.

• :)) scammers