RULES RULES RULES RULES RULES + INFO [updated 23rd November 2020]
Jump to rules section...
- Don't be a dick
- LES is white hat, no illegal content or links to illegal content
- LES is eternal, don't post it if you don't mean it.
- Smoking guns are not required, admin/mod decisions are to be respected (reasonable questioning of decisions is fine)
- Negative "reviews" without proof will be placed in the Rants section and will do no damage.
- Trying to skirt the fine line of being a troll will just get you banned.
- ban evasion = re-ban.
- Being a general Admin/mod time vacuum = ban.
- LES is a buyer beware market, it is not possible to pre-filter every offer or host.
- Do not trash offer posts for the sake of it, if you have a genuine issue with a host PM me or write a review if it is service-related, this goes double for other hosts.
- Do not dox people in ANY sense of the word.
- If you have a bad day or a conflict with someone and make public statements about leaving the forum, "this will be my last post here" etc your account will be considered retired and you will get no warning about this.
- If you find yourself in a room of 100 strangers the chances of you not getting along with 1 of them are quite high, now amplify that and make 'the room' an internet forum and make the 100 people 1000's of people the odds of disagreement are much higher, people are different, no one agrees with everyone 100% of the time, consider that when posting, sometimes it really is not worth it.
- Even though we are from different parts of the world, the English language is what brings us together. To make sure that we understand each other, we use English when posting.
This doesn’t exclude other languages but should be kept to a minimum to include as many community members as possible (if possible, include a rough translation in English).
- Submit provider tag requests on our support site (https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add&category=2), registered companies only. (Exceptions can be made for well known sole traders)
- minimum of 5 posts and 7 days old account
- Please include the following information: Company Name, Billing portal link, email address to validate domain control, link to public incorporation information (official GOV/State sites only). - We will make every effort to provide the tag within 24 hours.
- $7 p/month Maximum for VPS offers
- $70 p/month Maximum for Dedicated server offers (Setup fee can be a maximum of 1 month equivalent of server cost, only providers that have been established for 3+ years may charge a setup fee.)
- $70 p/month Maximum per U for COLO offers (READ WARNING AT BOTTOM)
- $3 p/month Maximum for Shared hosting offers
- $7 p/month Maximum for Reseller hosting offers
- $5 p/month Maximum for VPN/Proxy related offers
- $5 p/month Maximum for Email related offers
- If you want to offer general services/design you may start your own thread and then ask a mod/admin via PM to move it to the offers category, as there is no way to put a price on all services just use common sense - no pointless bumping only update it to respond to questions or update/add new info.
- Hosts that have been trading less than 2 years may only post monthly or quarterly offers, exceptions can be made on application and review (PM Me)
- Failure to follow the rules may result in your Hosting provider tag being removed
- 7 days between offer posts.
- Please do not bump your own offer posts repeatedly unless you have something of genuine significance to add or are directly responding to a comment made within the last 24 hours.
- Please do not post any offers for services based out of a colo-crossing location without first confirming via PM that you own your own hardware and IP space and have been operating for at least 3 years, this is to avoid the community suffering from the incredible amount of fraud and scam hosts operating from colo-crossing locations.
- No specific price rules except they MUST be LES exclusive for at LEAST 24 hours
- Only registered providers may post
- At least 7 days between offers
- LES Exclusive offers do not count towards the general offers section post count i.e. you can make LES exclusives as well as regular offers within the same 7 day period
- LES Exclusive offers are given extra exposure on the front page of the forum and can only be seen by logged-in users.
- These offers will be moved to the standard offers section after 10 days unless they break the regular pricing rules in which case they will simply be removed.
- DO NOT share LES Exclusive offers on other sites under any circumstances unless the offer is at least 7 days old, this will result in a ban without any warning.
- The 'Services provider' tag is for those who offer hosting industry-related services.
- Submit a provider tag requests on our support site (https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add&category=2), to get a tag with an overview of what you offer and your company details.
- You will be able to post an advert for your services under the usual offers section once in any calendar month.
- As a service provider, you may post LES exclusive deals also in addition to regular offers without limitation.
- Offers must be for free stuff only and posted in the "Free Offers and Stuff" category, Free hosting or none hosting related, free as in really free no catch no "in exchange for forum posts", anyone can post free offers.
- 7 days between offer posts.
- Domain sales are fine but please use the Domain Sales Category it is logged-in user access only i.e. not indexed by google.
- Domains must have been registered for a minimum of 60 days.
- Maximum starting bid is $7 or you can specify a BIN price (not both)
- 7 days between offer posts.
- You can set a hidden reserve on your domain by PM'ing me the domain name and the reserve prior to posting the sale, you must make it known that there is a reserve though.
- No more than 2 lines for general users.
- No more than 3 lines for Hosting Providers & Service Providers.
- Feel free to be creative but never deceptive.
- Affiliate links are fine if prefixed as affiliate links. (aff)
- No Images
- Abuse it and lose it (ZERO TOLERANCE)
- If using affiliate links make it clear where they lead e.g. My "Vultr link"
- Affiliate links or any links that inject/stuff cookies to other sites for financial gain are a no-go.
- Affiliate links to hosts that have a shady reputation or have been involved in scams are not allowed.
- As previously stated this is a buyer beware forum, some efforts will be made to prevent people from falling victim to obvious scams, however, this forum is not a nanny state as others in the industry tend to be you must apply common sense.
- Do not buy yearly deals from a company that has not even been in business for a year.
- COLO offers, there are known colo scams going on all over the internet right now, be SURE you know who you are sending your server to and that you can have a reasonable level of confidence in the company.
- If someone without a hosting provider or services provider tag wants you to PM them for an offer or PM's you directly with a proposition that involves you parting with money you should do a significant amount of research before paying a penny, a large percentage of these types of offers are likely to at best be not what they seem and at worst an outright scam.
Just to save time on the obvious, this forum is absolutely an impression/rough estimation with modern tweaks of lowendtalk before it was shamelessly and underhandedly sold, Essentially LET without the corruption
The forum was started by me @AnthonySmith for full disclosure I do own a hosting company 'Inception Hosting' and I realize that will possibly create some arguments about bias, this is not something I can change until the forum is handed over to the new community owners so you will just need to live with this fact or choose not too, if you choose not to accept this then please just logout now you will only hurt the community with conspiracy soup.
I appreciate some people hate the idea of others making money (usually while using money themselves in everyday life) again this is not something I can or will even try to change, the absolute fact is that companies were making money off the back of the original LET/B and that money enables people to live, eat, start families and provide, the community needs a commercial element, the commercial element needs the community, if you want to be part of a community whereby making money or advertising is frowned upon then this is not the community for you.
You can change your theme between Night and Day under your profile/edit profile to work best for your eyes/device, bugs exist, please report them in the bug reports thread.