LXC inside OVZ7

Does anyone have experience running LXC inside OVZ7? Not sure if it is even possible, but I figure if Docker works in OVZ7 then the cgroups/subuid mappings must work, which is pretty similar to what LXC requires.

Comments

• I would love to find out, for curiosity's sake. I don't currently have any VZ7 boxes to play with..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I am happy to give someone one for the sake of finding out, if they document it here then they can keep it for a year.

I don't see it going well personally but you are welcome to try.

You will need to be pretty experienced I guess and know how to fake certain dependencies.

Thanked by (1)pr0lz

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I am happy to give someone one for the sake of finding out, if they document it here then they can keep it for a year.

You will need to be pretty experienced I guess and know how to fake certain dependencies.

If OP doesn't want that, I'd be happy to try and document any success, then return the VPS when the experiment is over. For science..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @dahartigan said:

@AnthonySmith said:

If OP doesn't want that, I'd be happy to try and document any success, then return the VPS when the experiment is over. For science..

Please feel free to take first crack at it. I'll put a few hours into it if you draw a blank.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

@dahartigan put an order in for a 2GB plan VZ7 plan, UK is probably best bet but if that is going to be to much latency for you then Phoenix is fine too.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• @AnthonySmith thank you :-) I placed the order, I hope that's the right one.

It will do, I assumed you would have wanted a bit more disk space and picked the regular one but I suppose it matters not :)

Just keep in mind the templates are VERY minimal.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    It will do, I assumed you would have wanted a bit more disk space and picked the regular one but I suppose it matters not :)

Just keep in mind the templates are VERY minimal.

That's perfect, thanks Ant :-)

Keeping it in the low end spirit of things :-P