Route48.org :: IPv6 BGP Enabled Tunnelbroker Service

13»

Comments

• @cmeerw said:

@terrorgen said: Which means all my devices have to change their IP addresses from my /48 to their /48, hence, "renumbering".

You could, of course, use Network Prefix Translation (and use Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses for your devices)

I know i can, but I am lazy AF now.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero skorous

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cmeerw said:

@terrorgen said: Which means all my devices have to change their IP addresses from my /48 to their /48, hence, "renumbering".

You could, of course, use Network Prefix Translation (and use Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses for your devices)

Nice tip for those of us who are not IPv6 experts. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@cmeerw said:

Nice tip for those of us who are not IPv6 experts. Looks like I have some reading to do.

As far as I understand, you can translate any v6 prefix to any v6 prefix. It doesn't have to be from and to Unique Local Addresses. It is also stateless therefore the router does not meed to maintain a list like NAT.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny FrankZ Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Great service. I have been using for several months :)

• @Cloudie Why can't I log in to route48 when I am connected via an HE IPv6 tunnel?

The other thing I find weird is that when configuring a wireguard tunnel it either generates the private key for me or wants me to provide my private key. Why is it not sufficient to just provide the public key for the configuration?