VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited April 2023

Sir, TYOC007 is dead, I am forwarding MJJs' feedback to you!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I don't know what to say about all this ruikno drama. I expect it deserved a meme, but @Flying_Chinaman already posted the appropriate one.

Thanked by (2)ehab ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Flying_Chinaman thats the best thing you have posted

all other Yo Yo's dont make sense to me

but the above wakes up the donkey in my head.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • will @VirMach be the LES pupledaddy ?!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cold said:
    will @VirMach be the LES pupledaddy ?!

I don't see 5 offer posts on the front page, so I would say no.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited April 2023

@ruikno said:
    Sir, TYOC007 is dead, I am forwarding MJJs' feedback to you!

What is 'retired' tag means?
    Banned?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@Fritz said: What is 'retired' tag means?
    Banned?

Not banned. Retired is normally one of two things, the member has requested that his account be deleted, as is the reason in this case, or that the user was found to have multiple accounts. In that case the member gets to pick the one he wants to keep, and the other(s) are retired.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

• @FrankZ said:

@Fritz said: What is 'retired' tag means?
    Banned?

Not banned. Retired is normally one of two things, the member has requested that his account be deleted, as is the reason in this case, or that the user was found to have multiple accounts. In that case the member gets to pick the one he wants to keep, and the other(s) are retired.

Ahh! Got it!

• @FrankZ said:

@cold said:
    will @VirMach be the LES pupledaddy ?!

I don't see 5 offer posts on the front page, so I would say no.

i have a feeling, that about to happen ! he is already 2 active here

• edited April 2023

@ehab said: all other Yo Yo's dont make sense to me

Yo

@FrankZ said: or that the user was found to have multiple accounts. In that case the member gets to pick the one he wants to keep

Yo apostle of VirmAch, I want my EXT4 back.

Besides that, this thread has become de facto VirmAch support desk

Thanked by (1)ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@FrankZ said: Retired is normally one of two things, the member has requested that his account be deleted, as is the reason in this case, or that the user was found to have multiple accounts. In that case the member gets to pick the one he wants to keep, and the other(s) are retired.

As a fellow ESL student I understand why it is sometimes difficult to grasp qualifiers in English statements.

​​A qualifier is a word that limits or enhances another word’s meaning. Qualifiers affect the certainty and specificity of a statement.

You sir, are unique.

• edited April 2023

@FrankZ said: You sir, are unique.

Yo, I don't buy that stuff. Gonna dig a hole for @ruikno

smartass shitposting satirist

• @FrankZ said:
    I don't know what to say about all this ruikno drama. I expect it deserved a meme, but @Flying_Chinaman already posted the appropriate one.

Jennifer Connelly memes are always appropriate.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited April 2023

Here's another one that comes to mind...

• @VirMach is the INVESTIGATOR caught in traffic? cuz the NYC node is under investigation/locked... it's been 3 days now...

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited April 2023

TYOC007 corrected, it incorrectly activated too many new virtual servers. This one was completely our fault, someone fat fingered the max memory entry and we didn't catch it in time.

(edit) Well technically it correctly activated too many virtual servers due to the human error. A few large VMs being emergency migrated away right now. Most likely related to me using keyboards long past their shelf life of a billion keystrokes and it ctrl+v'd twice.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited April 2023

@cold said:
    @VirMach is the INVESTIGATOR caught in traffic? cuz the NYC node is under investigation/locked... it's been 3 days now...

The "investigator" (me) is trying to avoid catastrophic data loss at this point. Related to RAID controller. Although I believe the initial issue is unrelated, but after required power cycle it's at a risk of jumbling everything up right now.

It's definitely turning into nightmare scenario with the controllers as I discussed long ago with @FrankZ as something I was worried about. Good thing I was worried enough to where we didn't use many of them. To be fair at this point the ASRock board, how it handles PCIe and M.2 as well as the linux kernel in relation to the NVMe firmware may be more to blame than the RAID controller itself. It's still more stable than non-RAID until it isn't.

And everyone asking about Epyc we're very much stuck on the same dilemma in relation to disks. I don't know if I want to soft RAID, hard RAID, or no RAID them. Other than that it's very much just been waiting to be shipped out at least for the first batch. Just seems like a lose-lose-lose for us so the only way to win is to indefinitely delay that line.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
    edited April 2023

I actually don't know what it is it with NVMe SSDs but I've had the worst luck when it comes to my own computers as well. At this point I feel like I'm the only anti-NVMe person out there, I swear I haven't had one pleasant experience with them. Even in prebuilts, laptops, anything using NVMe SSD. I followed the instructions and submerged all of them in diet coke before use to help them acclimate, I have no idea why they keep having problems.

@cold said: i have a feeling, that about to happen ! he is already 2 active here

Next 5 people to post

why-is-my-vps-on-nycb006-still-down

Will get their downtime doubled!!!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • why-is-my-vps-on-nycb006-still-down

Thanked by (2)VirMach skorous

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

All the leftover for $12.95 special on NYCB041 (originally) from a long time ago (five remaining) have been activated manually. If a ticket was created about it, then likely you were already refunded instead at some point but these are the last people who have patiently waited for so long.

Adding an extra year of service for the 4~ months wait and bandwidth has been doubled to stay in LES RN theme.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Why-is-my-vps-on-nycb006-still-down ?

• @VirMach said: All the leftover for $12.95 special on NYCB041 (originally) from a long time ago (five remaining) have been activated manually.

mine was included in the activation, thank you for your time :)

• why-is-my-website-on-nycbsomething-still-down

Thanked by (2)FrankZ someTom

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

why are my 4 ryzens over 4 locations still up

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• why-dont-I-have-a-vps-on-nycb006 :p

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Why-is-my-vps-on-nycb006-still-down ? I don't even have a vps on that host.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited April 2023

Why-is-all-my-vps-still-up ?

• Hey @VirMach, will that storage special offer still be available whenever Netherlands location is available next?

• @VirMach said:

Wait, how did you get a photo of my gaming PC NVMe SSD?

That is exactly how i installed it (except that it was not banana-ed and just bent the connector on my motherboard). Worked fine when I reinstalled it on a different port WITH the proper standoff screw....

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.