VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

@somik said:

@FrankZ said:

@somik said: Back on topic, who is the member representing VirMach in LES?

@VirMach

You guys need to fix the "Last active" bit in profile...

Do move/delete this comment if it has been said before or posted in wrong location.

Word from admin...
    If member has an ad blocker is on, "Last active" will not work correctly.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@somik said:

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach

Do move/delete this comment if it has been said before or posted in wrong location.

Word from admin...

No workaround that? Something like a plugin to "update" the date based on their activity?

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

@somik said:

@FrankZ said:

@somik said:

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach

Word from admin...

No workaround that? Something like a plugin to "update" the date based on their activity?

Not that I am aware of, but I will continue to look for a reasonable solution. The OGF has the same issue, and they use the same Vanilla forum software as LES.

Edit: Although the simplest thing to do is for everyone to white list LES in their ad blocker as LES does not have any ads to block.

Thanked by (1)somik

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @julensm said:
    LAXA032 is time out

Runs normally now

• @FrankZ said: Edit: Although the simplest thing to do is for everyone to white list LES in their ad blocker as LES does not have any ads to block.

haha No. the chances of this forum could go wrong and start injecting everyone with ads is low, but it's never zero

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited May 2023

@cold said:
    @VirMach how about NYCB006R ? my VPS is STILL down and the node is STILL locked ! but you mention on the status page only : NYCB009, NYCB048, NYCB042, NYCB027

I'm trying to get them shipped out quickly at this point so I can get them fixed here and then transfer people back out to other nodes. It's not feasible anymore trying to work on them remotely at this time due to how that ends up going at that location and with these particular servers most likely having at least partial board issues.

The good news is that these servers are not yet "catastrophic" level in that I won't be able to quickly recover them here. So if I get them on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, whenever, I should be able to get all of them back online that that and begin the transfers. What will most likely take the longest is uploading, it might end up being a drive down to LAX (physically) just to rack them and then upload but I'll do the specific calculations with our office upload speed.

@FrankZ said: Word from admin...

uBlock Origin, guilty-ish.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Flying_Chinaman
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

@Encoders said:

@FrankZ said: Edit: Although the simplest thing to do is for everyone to white list LES in their ad blocker as LES does not have any ads to block.

haha No. the chances of this forum could go wrong and start injecting everyone with ads is low, but it's never zero

Your right. I don't know why I even suggested it. Guess I need a vacation.

edited May 2023

This is my favorite part:

uBlock Origin is not an "ad blocker", it's a wide-spectrum content blocker with CPU and memory efficiency as a primary feature.

And then on their website:

Gotta have that SEO, I guess. But yeah, if it makes anyone feel better I run it on every site (including VirMach unless testing), and even if I had the choice (which I do, I could whitelist) I definitely don't really ever turn it off unless it's specifically breaking something big, and I'd say that it's doing its job correctly if it breaks the tracking on Vanilla. (edit) Also good to have around in over-protective blocking of shady links and such at work.

• @VirMach said:

uBlock Origin is not an "ad blocker", it's a wide-spectrum content blocker with CPU and memory efficiency as a primary feature.

Gotta have that SEO, I guess. But yeah, if it makes anyone feel better I run it on every site (including VirMach unless testing), and even if I had the choice (which I do, I could whitelist) I definitely don't really ever turn it off unless it's specifically breaking something big, and I'd say that it's doing its job correctly if it breaks the tracking on Vanilla. (edit) Also good to have around in over-protective blocking of shady links and such at work.

seems mem a bit full

• @taizi said:

@VirMach said:

seems mem a bit full

No, linux will use free memory as buffer/cache, so the memory usage shown in the chart is not the actual memory usage.

• @abiaolaoge said:

@taizi said:

@VirMach said:

seems mem a bit full

No, linux will use free memory as buffer/cache, so the memory usage shown in the chart is not the actual memory usage.

the main reason i said this is because i received multi random shutdown yesterday as i mentioned before(but today not)

• @taizi said:
    the main reason i said this is because i received multi random shutdown yesterday as i mentioned before(but today not)

1 question
    why u have girl profile pic?

• @ehab said:

@taizi said:

1 question

girl
    anime girl

• @VirMach said:

can i ask are there any possible of TOKYO restock?

• Yo @VirMach any exciting news at your DC except server goes down of course

smartass shitposting satirist

• @taizi said:

@ehab said:

@taizi said:

1 question

girl
    anime girl

why you have anime girl profile pic?

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo @VirMach any exciting news at your DC except server goes down of course

• Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

@taizi said:

@ehab said:

@taizi said:

1 question

girl
    anime girl

because i am weeb

• edited May 2023

@taizi said:

@ehab said:

@taizi said:

@ehab said:

@taizi said:

1 question

girl
    anime girl

because i am weeb

oky, nice to meet you. I might check weeb more... but on Animation my fav is

only 70's-80's

maybe i could be your grandpa age.

Thanked by (1)taizi
  • Here we go again. :|

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @ehab said:

Yo my dope friend in weed, still feel screwed by the yo stuff or the content

It is a miracle that Virmach could out-live so many providers, or rather an irony

@AlwaysSkint said: Here we go again. :|

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo my dope friend in weed, still feel screwed by the yo stuff or the content

not into weed but i am into .... into ... into ,, i have no idea

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    It is a miracle that Virmach could out-live so many providers, or rather an irony

I guess they are a bad service provider but not out to scam you. You get what you paid for and they maintain the minimum service level. So they are still heaps better then pump and dump type providers.

Thanked by (2)dgc1980 Flying_Chinaman

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:

at least he's committed long term. on this alone, aside from all the painful downtimes and non responses, still respect to @VirMach

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited May 2023

@cybertech said: at least he's committed long term

But Virmach is still one-man biz, let's say in the worst case scenario that

one day the old fart got hit by lightning, meteorite or whatever dildo.

Then our sorry asses will face the same consequence as NexusBytes

@VirMach said: I need to get a wife like this and then trick her into taking over.

May he get his wives, then VirmAch would become mom-and-pop biz

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said: at least he's committed long term

But Virmach is still one-man biz, let's say in the worst case scenario that

one day the old fart got hit by lightning, meteorite or whatever dildo.

Then our sorry asses will face the same consequence as NexusBytes

there's that risk still. so..... always back it up.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I'll never understand why @Flying_Chinaman says the things he does. VirMach is the second longest running low end provider I've used, second only to FranTech. People who say VirMach is a one man show are just not telling the truth. Here is a quick comparison to what most of us would consider a stable LE provider.

VirMach has a participating owner, 3 employees, and does ~2.3 million in revenue a year.
    RamNode has 6 employees and does ~1 million in revenue a year.

Link

Thanked by (3)someTom ZA_capetown nessa

• @FrankZ said:
    I'll never understand why @Flying_Chinaman

need not worry about him.,.
    just say the word.